• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

emgeejay

Seik

Banned
It should show up during checkout! And don't add more than one in your order!

Oh shit, I want to pull the trigger even if I'm not getting a PS4 until at least 2 months or something...but it seems to be a wonderful controller.

Does it works directly in a PC with a cable or it's a clusterfuck like the DS3 was?

veras

It's a bit of a clusterfuck right now, but there's a ton of interest in it because everyone loves the controller so progress is being made fast. Right now there's a bunch of solutions to make it work that are all annoying in one way or another (the easy solution doesn't have rumble, the complicated solution has to be set up for every game) but it seems to have a lot of traction and I bet there's something good soon. Someone already has the touchpad working, for example: http://www.ishgard.com/ps4pc

Is there a trade in promo for $40 for all next gen games at EB or BB / FS?
I am planning on finishing Killzone that I get from Amazon and just trading it in (hopefully the promo lasts a month at least).

I am planning on finishing Killzone that I get from Amazon and just trading it in (hopefully the promo lasts a month at least).

Yes till early January!

Did anyone get the preorder bonus code for Killzone from FS or BB? I didn't get any of that!!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Dualshock 4 is $39 on amazon.ca. Just put my order in despite the whole launch shipping fiasco. Put it in your cart to see the discount.

http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-10038-DualShock-4-Controller/dp/B00D82Z4YO/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_videogames_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1547036362&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=915398&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=00VHVX8SEM720H9DC5BJ

Edit: So is Killzone Shadow Fall. Have no idea when this ends.
$40 is my sweet spot for extra controllers but I don't like having two as the same colour. :(

$40 is my sweet spot for extra controllers but I don't like having two as the same colour. :(

Same here and I hated Sony for delaying the coloured ones for no reason but forcing people to buy the black ones then buying coloured ones all over again lol, but I needed an extra one and now I'm gonna return the one I ordered from Amazon.ca to FS with the $60 receipt!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Sweet, thanks for the deal! Just ordered my extra controller, was looking for one anyway :)

isny

napkin dispenser
I know it's not a Canadian deal per se, but it's available to us.

EB is going to have Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade for $39.99 during BF. They're charging $25 for shipping to Canada, so you end up paying under $55 per game, which is still a great deal. Obviously if you can get them shipped to a U.S. address this'll be a much better deal, but either way it seems decent if you really want either game.

Xenoblade
Metroid Prime Trilogy

PurolatorHelp

Neo Member
Fuckin hell, I wish the Purolator tracking would update something. Been at "departed sort facility" in Toronto since Thursday. *sigh*

Hi sikkinixx,

If you'd like me to verify when to expect the shipment, please email your tracking # to customer.care@purolator.com and I'll have a look.

Thanks,

Jérémie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

jet1911

I know it's not a Canadian deal per se, but it's available to us.

EB is going to have Metroid Prime Trilogy and Xenoblade for $39.99 during BF. They're charging $25 for shipping to Canada, so you end up paying under $55 per game, which is still a great deal. Obviously if you can get them shipped to a U.S. address this'll be a much better deal, but either way it seems decent if you really want either game.

Xenoblade
Metroid Prime Trilogy

Tempted by Mtroid Prime. Too bad it'll probably be out of stock in 3 seconds lol

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Hi sikkinixx,

If you'd like me to verify when to expect the shipment, please email your tracking # to customer.care@purolator.com and I'll have a look.

Thanks,

Jérémie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
E-mail: customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

Ummmm is this allowed on Neogaf?

Like we have infinity helping out with shop.ca orders, but he's doing so as a regular Neogaf member. This is like a full on corporate account....

Ummmm is this allowed on Neogaf?

Like we have infinity helping out with shop.ca orders, but he's doing so as a regular Neogaf member. This is like a full on corporate account....

Doubt it. I bet the hammer of bans is a coming.

Love that he put the purolator website link in there...

GSG Flash

Doubt it. I bet the hammer of bans is a coming.

Love that he put the purolator website link in there...

That's what I'm thinking :p

Mr PurolatorHelp, you should have read the TOS before registering for an account:

E. Self-Promotion and Spam

Do not create new threads promoting a product or service you have any involvement in, or paste PR materials for promotional purposes, or attempt to embed referral links in your posts to generate revenue. If an existing discussion is taking place directly involving something you are associated with, you may participate in order to answer questions, clarify details, and otherwise engage with the community, but as a person, not an advertisement.

soultron

Banned
I'd be cautious about clicking or sending any info to PurolatorHelp and any links included there.

E: To be fair to PurolatorHelp, he could be legit, and depending on MOD decisions, he may be able to post here. But I know I'd prefer some sort of verification and vetting if that's going to happen just to make sure any dealings are safe/secure.

Hey, so it looks like the two things that are clearly hot sellers for the PS4: NBA2k14 and the Camera. What are my best chances to get those now?

soultron

Banned
Never would've thought the camera would be such a hot item. The Playroom does look cool, however. And it makes sense for Twitch streaming too.

Still, I'm grateful we have the choice with PS4 and its camera...

soultron

Banned
PurolatorHelp can be very helpful (no puns intended), thought I'm surprised he got his account approved pretty quick haha.

Do try to remove the "follow us" blurbaton. Welcome to GAF.

Well, it looks like a generic PR-safe email response, which is the worst part about it. If the responses were to be a bit more human (like infinity on behalf of shop.ca), it'd go a long way.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Well, that's neat.

Wish Canada Post would start posting. I need to vent. Saw the delivery guy at our apartment buzzer, thinking he had finished his attempts and was writing up the pickup notices. Lo and behold, I find a pickup notice in the box when I check my mail an hour later. Never got a buzzer call or a knock.

I think UPS is the only guy who tries every time. What a trooper.

soultron

Banned
Well, that's neat.

Wish Canada Post would start posting. I need to vent. Saw the delivery guy at our apartment buzzer, thinking he had finished his attempts and was writing up the pickup notices. Lo and behold, I find a pickup notice in the box when I check my mail an hour later. Never got a buzzer call or a knock.

I think UPS is the only guy who tries every time. What a trooper.

You could've asked him if he had anything for you, to be fair. Maybe he doesn't have time to buzz everyone in an apartment?

GSG Flash

Well, it looks like a generic PR-safe email response, which is the worst part about it. If the responses were to be a bit more human (like infinity on behalf of shop.ca), it'd go a long way.

That's my problem with it. The beauty of GAF is that everyone here posts as an individual, whereas PurolatorHelp's post reads like an email response. I don't really wanna see GAF heading that way where it's full of corporations using it as a support site.

frequency

I don't think "I don't have time" is a good excuse. They are paid to deliver to you. Not to give you a note to say you need to go get something. It happens to me far too often (I'm in a house) where they just leave a note instead of trying to deliver.

If I have to leave to go get my package, I may as well have just bought locally. I buy online because I have no easy way to get around the city. I am willing to get things later (waiting for shipping) so I don't have to bother someone to drive me around. When you don't even attempt to deliver, you just made me waste time waiting for the shipment and I have to ask someone to drive me down to the post office now.

If I was going to ask someone to drive me, I would've just asked them to take me to the store so I can buy there.

"I don't have time". It's your job. You better have time.

Dualshock 4 is $39 on amazon.ca. Just put my order in despite the whole launch shipping fiasco. Put it in your cart to see the discount.

http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-10038-DualShock-4-Controller/dp/B00D82Z4YO/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_videogames_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1547036362&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=915398&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=00VHVX8SEM720H9DC5BJ

Edit: So is Killzone Shadow Fall. Have no idea when this ends.

Thanks for the heads up. Was going to get one eventually but I can't see it getting any cheaper than this. It's such a fantastic controller. Ordered!

ohlawd

delivery guys aren't paid to deliver packages. They're paid in the hopes that they might deliver your package.

does that even make sense?

Anyone else order an Xbox One in store pick up from The Source?

Don't know what to expect but I'm sure it'll end in dissapointment and resentment.

Bdub

Anyone else order an Xbox One in store pick up from The Source?

Don't know what to expect but I'm sure it'll end in dissapointment and resentment.

I did! Only pre-order I could get.

Gonna call the night before and inevitably hit Walmart the next morning when they let me down. They should know the night before.

Luigi87

Got a refund from VideoGamesPlus after my package was lost in the mail. Kind of bummed I never received the game I ordered, but I also didn't want to risk a reissue getting lost, so I'm just glad it is resolved.

Magnus

Yes till early January!

Did anyone get the preorder bonus code for Killzone from FS or BB? I didn't get any of that!!

Hang on: all launch next gen titles trade in for $40 in credit? Where? FS, BB and EBG?

Top Bottom