• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

So best buy has charged my credit card for my XBone...

I guess the wait begins for them to ship it out. I hope they've learned a thing or two from the PS4 launch...

Jayhawk

Stupid UPS just left my PS4 outside my front door without requiring a signature or anything. It could have easily been stolen or blown away by strong winds.

Returners

Just received my backup ps4 from amazon. Can I return it to eb or does it have to be returned to Amazon. Ppl I know want to buy it off me but I dont feel right about potentially selling then a faulty amazon system.

I checked the receipts. It has the serial number printed on it.

I guess i'll walk over in a little while and find out.

Canada post has been pretty terrible. They didn't even attempt to deliver the PS4.

013/11/18 17:36 EDMONTON Item arrived at postal facility. Item on hold.
13/11/18 05:21 EDMONTON Item processed at local delivery facility
2013/11/15 23:02 EDMONTON Item processed
2013/11/14 20:51 RICHMOND In transit

So much for express shipping.

FrsDvl

Canada post has been pretty terrible. They didn't even attempt to deliver the PS4.

013/11/18 17:36 EDMONTON Item arrived at postal facility. Item on hold.
13/11/18 05:21 EDMONTON Item processed at local delivery facility
2013/11/15 23:02 EDMONTON Item processed
2013/11/14 20:51 RICHMOND In transit

So much for express shipping.

2013/11/18 18:11 EDMONTON Item being prepared for transfer to Post Office.
16:10 EDMONTON Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.
11:52 EDMONTON Item out for delivery

I'm going to walk over to the office in about half an hour and see if they got it. Probably have to wait till tomorrow..

Did get my shipping refunded, so that's good I suppose

2013/11/18 18:11 EDMONTON Item being prepared for transfer to Post Office.
16:10 EDMONTON Attempted delivery. Notice card left indicating where item can be picked up.
11:52 EDMONTON Item out for delivery

I'm going to walk over to the office in about half an hour and see if they got it. Probably have to wait till tomorrow..

Did get my shipping refunded, so that's good I suppose

How did you go about getting your shipping refunded? I had just emailed Future shop to get my shipping back, is that the route you went?

terrible

Banned
I got a delivery notice from CP today. I have several different things coming in the mail from different places so I don't know if it was my Best Buy PS4. I went into the post office a few minutes ago and it wasn't there yet which wasn't surprising. The mystery continues..

Best Buy hasn't updated saying they've even sent my package so maybe I shouldn't be getting my hopes up. I'll be so disappointed if I go there tomorrow and it's just a USB cable I ordered haha.

FrsDvl

How did you go about getting your shipping refunded? I had just emailed Future shop to get my shipping back, is that the route you went?

Emailed them, Bestbuy in this case, but whatever same company blah blah. Never heard back, phoned them tonight. Complained about paying for shipping and getting it way later then people with free shipping.

Maddog

Amazon.ca is selling Dualshock 4s or Killzone Shadowfall for $40 each. Pretty insane prices. Discount gets applied in your cart.

IllumiNate

I called EBgames here about the XB1. This is the same EB that had 600+ preorders for the PS4 and is sold out until February.
They said that they should have all XB1 preorders covered by this weekend. 2nd shipment only has 5 reserves and will most likely be bumped to first shipment.
I have a feeling the PS4 will outsell XB1 3-1 this holiday

Just received my backup ps4 from amazon. Can I return it to eb or does it have to be returned to Amazon. Ppl I know want to buy it off me but I dont feel right about potentially selling then a faulty amazon system.

Why would you assume it's a faulty unit? I can't see a single person in this topic reporting a faulty PS4!

I called EBgames here about the XB1. This is the same EB that had 600+ preorders for the PS4 and is sold out until February.
They said that they should have all XB1 preorders covered by this weekend. 2nd shipment only has 5 reserves and will most likely be bumped to first shipment.
I have a feeling the PS4 will outsell XB1 3-1 this holiday

Judging by this thread, doesn't seem like it's anticipated by as many people as the PS4 was!

Heads up!!! Amazon.ca is selling Dualshock 4s and Killzone Shadow Fall for 39.99 each.

Just add to cart and checkout and the discount will be applied :)

You're welcome (no idea how long this will last...you can order up to 3 in 3 separate orders)

J-Man

Heads up!!! Amazon.ca is selling Dualshock 4s and Killzone Shadow Fall for 39.99 each.

Just add to cart and checkout and the discount will be applied :)

You're welcome (no idea how long this will last...you can order up to 3 in 3 separate orders)

Damn, must have missed this. Would have loved to get another Dualshock for cheaper.

Fularu

Banned
Amazon.ca is selling Dualshock 4s or Killzone Shadowfall for $40 each. Pretty insane prices. Discount gets applied in your cart.

You have to order them separately and the discount is only applied when you check out. So if you just look at your cart, you won't see it.

Got KillZone and a second DS4

hoverX

Future Shop just told my wife that they are no longer giving out discounts for PS4 shipping mishaps.

They still haven't shipped 2 of my 3 games. I can't really get any more discounts out of them since they were free after buying a TV. We complained about the TV shipping last week. I think our luck has run dry.

Pachinko

People in alberta and saskatchewan complaining about shipping do realize that much of the 2 provinces just got a foot of snow right ? Things might take an extra day or 2. I've recently heard the comic book shipment for this week is delayed until at least thursday. Normally they show up tuesdays.

IllumiNate

People in alberta and saskatchewan complaining about shipping do realize that much of the 2 provinces just got a foot of snow right ? Things might take an extra day or 2. I've recently heard the comic book shipment for this week is delayed until at least thursday. Normally they show up tuesdays.

I live in Fort Mac Alberta, and received my BB PS4 on Friday via regular shipping

ahdurian

so...did anyone else get charged by the post office for picking up their PS4?
Apparently my mom picked it up for me tonight (i'm out of the house atm), but she said she had to pay 200$ for the pick-up...so im like wtfing right now

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently my mom picked it up for me tonight (i'm out of the house atm), but she said she had to pay 200$ for the pick-up...so im like wtfing right now

....wtf?

Cudder

Received my PS4 from Amazon.ca tonight.

Blue light of death.

Is it possible to completely return the unit for a refund to Amazon or do they only do exchanges on opened hardware?

torontoml

She should have a receipt or something right, go back and get them to explain.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Something definitely is wrong there... unless you imported it from the US or something.

Lost access to my account for a while, but a really awesome mod helped sort things out!

Here to report that my PS4 arrived around 5PM on Friday. I preordered from FS in early September when they put a second batch up. Picked up:

-AC4 (Special Edition from Wal-Mart)
-Battlefield 4
-CoD: Ghosts (with preorder bonus map!)
-NfS: Rivals.

Haven't opened anything yet. Waiting until my last exam is over on December 18 so that I can play without regret. My plan right now is to order an extra large pizza and wings and play games all night, accompanied by a couple Tankhouse Ales and the soft glow of my monitor...

I might exchange CoD: Ghosts for Super Mario 3D World... thoughts?

Magnus

Where can I actually cancel unshipped FutureShop.ca orders? This is ridiculous.

Also, what's the hot word on Wii Us right now? I'd love one this holiday....for the right price.

NYR

Also, what's the hot word on Wii Us right now? I'd love one this holiday....for the right price.

They had their price drop. Won't be another one. Maybe a bundle. Not worth waiting, just get it.

ahdurian

Something definitely is wrong there... unless you imported it from the US or something.

just got home and checked the box.
the shipping location on the box is Brampton, and I'm in Toronto.
Going to tell her about this in the morning

Also, the PS4 didn't even arrive on the day it was supposed (ie: Friday), and my account on BB still isn't updated.
Still says it's "In Progress" and no confirmation e-mail was received from either Canada Post or BB yet

I don't know what's going on with my bestbuy.ca PS4 pre-order. It still says in progress w/ no tracking number.

Plus I called in and they still won't let me cancel saying the order is ready to be shipped and out of their hands.

Thank god I was able to get one on Friday by walking in to a store. Still this is all so irritating.

It's SO worth it. I'm in love with mine. Off-TV play is the truest next-gen feature this gen. I've picked up:

New Super Luigi U
Nintendo Land
Wind Waker
Arkham City

Still need to get Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends, and Super Mario 3d World comes out Friday! Next year you can look forward to Lego Movie Videogame, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros. 4!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
just got home and checked the box.
the shipping location on the box is Brampton, and I'm in Toronto.
Going to tell her about this in the morning

Also, the PS4 didn't even arrive on the day it was supposed (ie: Friday), and my account on BB still isn't updated.
Still says it's "In Progress" and no confirmation e-mail was received from either Canada Post or BB yet
Do you know what the receipt says in terms of charges?

Madness

It's SO worth it. I'm in love with mine. Off-TV play is the truest next-gen feature this gen. I've picked up:

New Super Luigi U
Nintendo Land
Wind Waker
Arkham City

Still need to get Pikmin 3 and Rayman Legends, and Super Mario 3d World comes out Friday! Next year you can look forward to Lego Movie Videogame, Mario Kart 8, and Super Smash Bros. 4!

I mean this genuinely, but isn't off TV play, just handheld gaming in a sense? It just becomes handheld gaming but with better graphics? If I'm home, I want to play on a 55" LED, have the surround system going etc.

Haines

Banned
I mean this genuinely, but isn't off TV play, just handheld gaming in a sense? It just becomes handheld gaming but with better graphics? If I'm home, I want to play on a 55" LED, have the surround system going etc.

Its circumstantial.

You come home and want to play Super Mario, but your kid is enjoying a movie and you dont want to stop the movie so you play Mario on the pad til hes done.

Stuff like that.

Cynar

Its circumstantial.

You come home and want to play Super Mario, but your kid is enjoying a movie and you dont want to stop the movie so you play Mario on the pad til hes done.

Stuff like that.
Or you want to lay down and continue your game. The thought of this possibility makes me want a Vita along with my ps4.

Madness

Its circumstantial.

Stuff like that.

Ah I understand. I think we'll get there eventually. Where the experience can move from one screen to another. Mobile hardware is pretty capable as it is now. And things like offscreen play, second screen capability is great.

What if they had the ability to have the gameplay repeated on another TV. You turn on your console in living room, but have the gameplay show in your bedroom and the console is on in living room, but picks up your controller movements, no lag etc.

You're right, it is sort of handheld gaming. But it's handheld gaming with home console software - which would otherwise be impossible. I love my Vita, but I don't use it much unless I'm on a train/plane. I play on my Gamepad in bed frequently!

Top Bottom