• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Magnus

Xbox one playable At the Microsoft windows Kiosk on the first floor of the Eaton Centre. Looks like Forza and killer instinct.

Dazzler

Dualshock 4 is $39 on amazon.ca. Just put my order in despite the whole launch shipping fiasco. Put it in your cart to see the discount.

http://www.amazon.ca/Sony-10038-DualShock-4-Controller/dp/B00D82Z4YO/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_videogames_2?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1547036362&pf_rd_s=right-5&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=915398&pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_r=00VHVX8SEM720H9DC5BJ

Edit: So is Killzone Shadow Fall. Have no idea when this ends.

great deal!

Have snagged Killzone for 40 bucks, perfect price to tempt me in. Esp considering FS/BB will give me 40 bucks trade in value for it when I'm done :)

khaaan

I've had nothing but great service from VGP. Great company.

Agreed, though I went to a physical store once...at least I think it was the physical store. Either that or there's a store in Mississauga using the VGP name and logo for their store. Anyway. I walked in and and the five people having a conversation at the counter gave me some insanely dirty looks :(

krae_man

Man I wish Need for Speed was $40. I need something else to play on my PS4 since Watch Dogs got delayed and I want that and screw paying $60 for games. Man I'm spoiled.

Man I wish Need for Speed was $40. I need something else to play on my PS4 since Watch Dogs got delayed and I want that and screw paying $60 for games. Man I'm spoiled.

I would just buy it and play the shit out of it in two weeks, then take it to BB or FS for a guaranteed $40 credit.

Dazzler

I used to order from VGP when I lived in Ireland and they were always amazing to use

much cheaper prices for a lot of things than buying domestically

ohlawd

oh snap Target opens at 8? Pls pls pls have 3D World out so I don't have to go to BB or FS and waste time lining up cuz of Xbone.

soultron

Banned
Next week's flyers are out on RFD. Nothing Black-Friday worthy.

Wal-mart has the Zelda 3DS XL for $199 and a $40 GC with the Mario Wii U bundle.

I'd imagine that 3DS gets swept up for resale later. I've seen some LE 3DS bundles go for like 2-3x the price a few months later.

So my Xbox One pre-order did get shipped from Future Shop.

Decision time, I barely have time to play the PS4 at the moment and I already have 6-8 games of backlog on it.

Lexxism

^ Yeah. I'm pretty a lot of people will get that code for that price.

Wal-mart has the Zelda 3DS XL for $199 and a $40 GC with the Mario Wii U bundle.

plus Nintendo Land WiiU bundle for $253 at SDM and there will be 20x event this coming weekend.

jred2k

So my Xbox One pre-order did get shipped from Future Shop.

Decision time, I barely have time to play the PS4 at the moment and I already have 6-8 games of backlog on it.

Do you think there will be a major deal/price cut before a game you really want comes out? It doesn't seem like the money is much of a factor if you've already got that much of a PS4 backlog. Might as well keep the console while you're guaranteed one rather than end up wanting while when you might not find stock.

Do you think there will be a major deal/price cut before a game you really want comes out? It doesn't seem like the money is much of a factor if you've already got that much of a PS4 backlog. Might as well keep the console while you're guaranteed one rather than end up wanting while when you might not find stock.

Honestly I got all the multiplatform titles on the PS4. The only game i really want to play is Titanfall which isn't out till next year and I gave a feeling they might do a bundle for it.

But i want one cuz its a new gadget and I need it in my living room. Not that I will use it much.

Ok, ok ok ok. HOLD THE FUCK UP.
Shop.ca, dec 9th PS4 people HEAR ME I just realized this.
We got charged for our credit cards around nov 7(most of us was on that date).

Now the Sony protection 3 year plan requires us to have bought the PS4 within 30 days in order to apply for the plan.
We get our shit shipped by Dec 9th.

IF IM RIGHT, WE WONT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PLAN!
someone please tell me i'm in the wrong!

small edit

The PlayStation® Protection Plans are available for purchase by customers who are still within their original one-year limited warranty. Accidental Damage Plans are available to anyone who has purchased a system in the past 30 days.
Ok so we would be out of the Accidental Damage plan only.

Honestly I got all the multiplatform titles on the PS4. The only game i really want to play is Titanfall which isn't out till next year and I gave a feeling they might do a bundle for it.

But i want one cuz its a new gadget and I need it in my living room. Not that I will use it much.

I'm almost in the same boat but I decided I'll wait on it for a while, by the time Titanfall is released I'm sure there will be some kind of deal plus it will add something fresh after the PS4 cools down :D

Ok, ok ok ok. HOLD THE FUCK UP.
Shop.ca, dec 9th PS4 people HEAR ME I just realized this.
We got charged for our credit cards around nov 7(most of us was on that date).

Now the Sony protection 3 year plan requires us to have bought the PS4 within 30 days in order to apply for the plan.
We get our shit shipped by Dec 9th.

IF IM RIGHT, WE WONT BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE PLAN!
someone please tell me i'm in the wrong!

small edit

Ok so we would be out of the Accidental Damage plan only.

What's this 3 year plan? Is it something exclusive for launch edition or what?

Edit: I guess it is the shipping date that matters!

btkadams

what the fuck is going on with futureshop?

1. i just got an email saying tearaway won't ship because my payment won't go through. my credit card is fine. i'm going to have to call them, i guess. edit: called futureshop and they said they can't even retry it. it will just automatically try again in 48 hours, so i'll have to wait and see if i get another rejection email.

2. i changed my password on futureshop.ca a few days ago (it even saved in lastpass) and it wouldn't let me sign in to check my order. i used my old password and it worked...

J-Man

I was at the Walmart in Hull (Quebec) today, and Teraway was in the display case. I usually buy all my Vita games digital and when they are on sale, but I'm about to go on a vacation with a flight on Thursday so I figured I could play something new.

Walmart employee brought it to the cash and it rang that they couldn't sell it. I tried to convince him to sell it to me, but he didn't budge. Thought I lucked out, but nope!

I'm kinda surprised they didn't give me something for my trouble, I've received some free groceries for price corrections before!

Zing

Banned

Hmm. I bought my Wii U on a tax free weekend, so I essentially got $40 off anyway. Yeah, those deals not so hot.

Vamphuntr

Except when they get hacked and all their clients' personal information gets sold because it wasn't encrypted at all. Did we get any compensation at all? Any feedback from them? Nope.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-01-18-videogamesplus-ca-hacked-21-000-users-details-stolen

Do not trust them.

Yeah VGP are really shady. Got my info hacked from this event and we got nothing out of it. Never got an apology or an explanation. No communications either. Had to check their shitty blog no one reads to learn about it then I had to check by myself the pastebin to see my info was on there. Awful store.

Surprised there was no lawsuit or anything. They would have deserved it since the personal information of customers wasn't encrypted.

-Deimos

YES, that GTA5 deal. I've been trying to get rid of Beyond for so long and even walmart is refusing to take game returns now. Is it for the weekend only?

Top Bottom