• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Luigi87

Picked up the Zelda 3DS XL from the Target I work at (and price matched Walmart).

Also my store only got 4 XONEs total in stock, compared to the 42 PS4s we got last week.

Palehorse

Just called FS, my Zelda is 'In Stock' and it's waiting for Canada Post to pick it up. Next week for me. :(

This is only the 2nd game that FS.ca has failed to deliver on launch day, so I can't complain too much, and I have other games to play...but still. It hurts.

krae_man

I didn't get a shipping notice for Zelda or Mario. They are both in the same order so they will ship together. Tearaway has arrived no problem.

Ah well. I guess I'll have to wait till Monday to play Mario.

Xpite

Neo Member
I finally got charged for Mario, but no shipment info yet. I normally get charged from the one in Mississauga, but this time it said Burnaby, BC. Hope this doesn't mean they'll have to ship it here from BC.

Canada Post guy was in the lobby. Spoke to him. He has it on the truck but he just wanted to deliver the regular mail first. Says he will bring it to me in 10 minutes.

It's out for delivery. Now I have to make sure they don't just leave a delivery card in the lobby. I left a note and I will be checking to see if they are around every few minutes.

Good to hear! My wife just called to say that it was delivered!

Oh man, too many ups and downs pre ordering consoles online. I've learned my lesson, that's for damn sure!

Good to hear! My wife just called to say that it was delivered!

Oh man, too many ups and downs pre ordering consoles online. I've learned my lesson, that's for damn sure!

Yeah, I tried to cancel my online order in Sunday since I was guaranteed one in store. Apparently that was too late because it wouldn't let me. Yeah, the waiting game is a bit too much. Not sure why I just didn't preorder in store months ago.

Dazzler

My PS4 experience with FS was nothing but positive. I wouldn't hesitate to pre-order a console online with them again

It might be different if I was in the two-day post zone like some people and didn't get it until early the next week, but it was at my door at 9.30am on launch day

I might make a new thread since this is a off topic but I wanted to get a quick snap shot in here. Has anyone hooked up their xbox one to their TV? Anything from Rogers/Bell for us Canadians?

if you purchase ps+ from psn, doesnt it automatically add on to your years,

or does it give you a code that you can input whenever you want it active?

does it ever expire?

Oh yeah, just received my Zelda on launch day. Good job EB. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to play this new game instead of the 300 games already on my backlog...

CaLe

I'm waiting for my shop.ca Xbox One. Can I walk to Walmart or any other store, buy it, and return the one I get online next week? Or it's illegal?

isny

napkin dispenser
I'm waiting for my shop.ca Xbox One. Can I walk to Walmart or any other store, buy it, and return the one I get online next week? Or it's illegal?

Not illegal, just immoral to some people, but the issue with doing this with consoles is that the console serial number is typically printed on your receipt, meaning this trick can only be done with games.

Can someone explain to me why all the Futureshops were open for the Xbox One midnight launch and yet only 4 were open for the PS4 midnight launch? Just seems strange to me.

Didn't we plan to go get Zelda? I guess I forgot since they didn't do the usual T1 for it at BB/FS. Ah well, maybe mid winter for some other game, or you can make me wait in line with you again for beer sometime, lol

Seik

Banned
Still nothing for my Zelda & Mario.

I'll probably cave and buy a new copy today to exchange the other that I'll get next week.

My week-end was fucking based on playing 3D World. D:

Quadratic

Adding to CanadaShippingGAF. I looked at Amazon this morning and my Xbone hasn't shipped yet.

It's not looking like I'll be getting it until late next week. Free shipping used to take 2-3 days to my address but once Prime started in Canada Amazon stuff has consistently been 4-6 day delivery now. Makes sense because they want $79 a year for next day shipping.

wingz

Finally got charged for SM3DW from FS. Also got my Zelda in the mail, even though Canada post tracking said it would be here on Monday.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Look what I just got in the mail. :)

JT30D2k.jpg

Quadratic and Sober, I'm sending you PMs now.

oswald09

Neo Member
I might make a new thread since this is a off topic but I wanted to get a quick snap shot in here. Has anyone hooked up their xbox one to their TV? Anything from Rogers/Bell for us Canadians?

I was wondering this as well, figured this would be as good (OT) a place as any to ask.

thekidtait

Neo Member
Has anyone in Toronto checked out that retro game shop in Kensington market? I was around there the other day but didn't have time to check it out. The reviews it has online are not too positive but I would trust the opinion of someone here more before trekking all the way there to check it out.

Can someone explain to me why all the Futureshops were open for the Xbox One midnight launch and yet only 4 were open for the PS4 midnight launch? Just seems strange to me.

Midnight launches are almost entirely vendor funded. Microsoft paid to have a midnight opening everywhere as a way to drum up excitement for the new console. Sony didn't because they already had tons of pre-orders and probably didn't see the point.

Roto13

Stood in line for like 20 minutes at EB Games to trade in COD and get Mario and Zelda. They only had one guy at the counter on a fucking console launch day and he was about as slow as he could possibly be. Then he said there was another counter upstairs if anyone wanted something besides an Xbone. So I got out of line and went upstairs but LOL JK they apparently only sell PS4's up there. Fucking assholes. So I left and went to the EB Games in the Eaton Centre and reminded myself why I never go to EB Games. I hate having to say "No, thank you" when I really mean "No, shut up and give me my game," and they make me do it five or six times per visit.

Tried to feed me some bullshit about how Wii U games are super fragile so I should definitely get a protection plan.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just called FS and got my Zelda 3DS XL ($219.99) price matched against Walmart's flyer ($199). The guy already had a note about the price at Walmart so the call took a total of 5 minutes. It's nice when things go so smoothly.

Top Bottom