• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Magnus

Has anyone in Toronto checked out that retro game shop in Kensington market? I was around there the other day but didn't have time to check it out. The reviews it has online are not too positive but I would trust the opinion of someone here more before trekking all the way there to check it out.

Lol Iceman Video Games. They're at FanExpo every year. Overpriced, and the clerks are assholes from personal experience.

I wasn't even remotely surprised to learn their actual store was in Kensington. One less reason to visit that cesspool.

Adding to CanadaShippingGAF. I looked at Amazon this morning and my Xbone hasn't shipped yet.

It's not looking like I'll be getting it until late next week. Free shipping used to take 2-3 days to my address but once Prime started in Canada Amazon stuff has consistently been 4-6 day delivery now. Makes sense because they want $79 a year for next day shipping.
Same boat here. Paid for the express, still no delivery date.

Hey, where's that Google Doc for the PSN list? Is there a XBL list too? Should be in the OP.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
Just called FS and got my Zelda 3DS XL ($219.99) price matched against Walmart's flyer ($199). The guy already had a note about the price at Walmart so the call took a total of 5 minutes. It's nice when things go so smoothly.

Doing this right now but the guy is calling Walmart as his computer is apparently not letting him open up the flyer. Taking longer than I hoped.

Is BB / FS's sites working for you guys? I keep on getting error messages whenever I try to look at my order pages or even when I click on any item page.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Is BB / FS's sites working for you guys? I keep on getting error messages whenever I try to look at my order pages or even when I click on any item page.
I checked both by logging on and checking an order on each without problems.

Gritesh

Just impulse bought a Xbone from Future Shop. Probably not a wise choice, but all my LIVE friends are getting one and I don't want to be left out.

I did the same thing but I don't think I'm going to keep it probably will return it later this weekend just don't see the benefit fully especially since I have a ps4 right now. I just didn't want to miss out on dead rising.

shoppers drug mart had some in case anyone is wondering but they go out lightning fast and sometimes you really have to drill the staff about it because they'll straight up lie to your face (lucky i knew an employee so i could hook my brother up)

lupinko

Whereas people were buying Xbone or Zelda 3DS XLs last night, I actually bought something very surprising, a still (brand new) Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Onyx DS Lite for $109 at EB. The fact it was still there from 2005 says a lot, anyway I had $60 store credit so I pulled the trigger. It also comes with a special case and a dvd of the cartoon.

I bring this up with me in the past always asking for remaining DS Lites in the wild, and I only saw Cooking Lime Green bundles for $159 or The Source clearance Red/Black, Blue/Black at $139.

Anyway now I just have to dump this silver refurb DS Lite I bought super cheap off craigslist.

ohlawd

Zelda and the bonus came today. FS and BB have been good to me lately, getting my games the day they come out.

Is this a by-product of the holiday season? I don't want to start receiving my packages the day after ever again :(

soultron

Banned
Picked up Tearaway and Zelda today for $79 after taxes at TRU. ($10 off when you buy 2 until 29 Nov, $15 for 3.)

Thank you, based TRU.

Jinto

I just picked up the Mario & Luigi Wii U bundle from Walmart for $289, which got me a $40 gift card. I used the gift card for a Zelda 3ds that was on sale for $199. Then I went to Futureshop and grabbed my in store pick up of Super Mario 3d World. I spent like $510 on all 3, which I think is a pretty good deal. Now I can finally play my copy of Windwaker, and Lego City Undercover and all the 3ds games I bought. I wish I had more time this weekend to play all these games.

Now I just gotta wait for my Zelda physical copy and treasure chest to come from BB.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I called Best Buy and they let me know that they apparently have trouble authorizing US cards sometime, but hey sorry, we didn't bother informing you of that before we cancelled your order. Ugh. They have no way of getting me the promo, but if I wanted to gamble on placing an order online they might have a copy in stock. Frustrating.

veras

This never-shipping Amazon.ca Xbox One is torture, I coulda just walked into a store and gotten one trivially; I'm so done with them. When did PS4s end up shipping from them?

Dazzler

There's a bunch of Xbox One stock available at FS around Metro Vancouver

is this a mistake?

North Van has them, Robson and Granville, Chiliwack a little further out

balohna

There's a bunch of Xbox One stock available at FS around Metro Vancouver

is this a mistake?

North Van has them, Robson and Granville, Chiliwack a little further out

Holy shit @ Robson/Granville having stock. If I were to guess I'd probably say that's got to be one of their busiest locations in Western Canada.

Dazzler

Holy shit @ Robson/Granville having stock. If I were to guess I'd probably say that's got to be one of their busiest locations in Western Canada.

I'd hazard a guess at it being the busiest

It's usually pretty busy whenever I go in. The one near my house at Broadway and Pine is like a ghost town in comparison and I think it's bigger

balohna

I'd hazard a guess at it being the busiest

It's usually pretty busy whenever I go in. The one near my house at Broadway and Pine is like a ghost town in comparison and I think it's bigger

Yeah, almost definitely the busiest in BC. I only said "one of" in Western Canada because I guess it's possible for Calgary or Edmonton to have a busier location. The Robson/Granville is in a great spot for walking in but I would never choose to make a big purchase there.

jcutner

Posted this in the pickup thread, but this was my experiencing getting Tearaway

So I go in to Future Shop

"Do you have Tearaway for the Vita?" - me

"The PS3?" - FS

"Vita." - me

"Is it for PC?" - FS

"No. The Playstation Vita."

Long story short, I got it from EB.

I was just blown away. They literally had no idea. He went to go find someone else, who disappeared. So I asked someone, they checked the system - saw 8 copies - did the same visual check I did - he said it might be in the back, he came back out and said "It's a real mess back there..." and that was that.

Went to the EB next door, told them the story and they had a good laugh.

Palehorse

Just called FS, my Zelda is 'In Stock' and it's waiting for Canada Post to pick it up. Next week for me. :(

This is only the 2nd game that FS.ca has failed to deliver on launch day, so I can't complain too much, and I have other games to play...but still. It hurts.

Update: Zelda just arrived in the mail, FS's system is waaaaaay behind. Okay by me, my game is here!

Sora_N

Posted this in the pickup thread, but this was my experiencing getting Tearaway

I was just blown away. They literally had no idea. He went to go find someone else, who disappeared. So I asked someone, they checked the system - saw 8 copies - did the same visual check I did - he said it might be in the back, he came back out and said "It's a real mess back there..." and that was that.

Went to the EB next door, told them the story and they had a good laugh.

That pretty much shows how well it'll sell. :/

This never-shipping Amazon.ca Xbox One is torture, I coulda just walked into a store and gotten one trivially; I'm so done with them. When did PS4s end up shipping from them?
Just got on chat support with them. Good lord, this does not inspire confidence at all, basically, he was using the default by-line of "we're working with the supplier to get the units, and since you have a preorder, we'll confirm when we send out".

Did ANYONE get their Amazon Xbox Day One confirmed with tracking today?

The PS4 for me shipped on Friday and arrived Monday (UPS Priority).

Top Bottom