• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sora_N

Sadly. I would have bought it digitally this morning if it was actually up on PSN...

I would buy it if I had the spare money myself, the PSN version says $35.99 and has some bonus content + LBP1/2/Karting bonuses as well. I prefer physical still though.

Also I think Toys 'R Us has a Moonlight Madness again tonight.

3DSXL $159.99
3DS $129.99

Excludes the Zelda one

UberTag

Sadly. I would have bought it digitally this morning if it was actually up on PSN...
It's up on PSN now. And that's where most sensible Vita diehards will be buying it.
(If only because I'd be worried about trying to find a retailer willing to accept used Vita games on trade-in.)

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Zelda AND my extra PS4 controller from amazon.ca both came today, yay :)

Also last call for anyone in the lower mainland who wants a PS4 for at-cost, I'll return my spare one to best buy tomorrow if nobody PM's me.

It's up on PSN now. And that's where most sensible Vita diehards will be buying it.
(If only because I'd be worried about trying to find a retailer willing to accept used Vita games on trade-in.)
My vita is still set to the Japanese psn account so I have to get a physical copy.

brarstar

Neo Member
I must say after reading what happened with the PS4 launch and BB not getting shipping o out properly I wasn't to sure I'd be getting my xbox one today, but they came through!

jred2k

Damn, both those bundles are sold out online. Does anybody have any experience with getting a store to match an online only deal?

Any chance my Mario/Zelda will arrive tomorrow now that Canada Post is doing Weekend Shipping for the holidays?

Anyone have any more info on weekend shipping at all?

Jinto

Damn, both those bundles are sold out online. Does anybody have any experience with getting a store to match an online only deal?

You can do what I did. Buy the bundle at Walmart, in store, for $289. They'll give you a $40 gift card, which you can then use on something else like Super Mario 3D World.

veras

Just got on chat support with them. Good lord, this does not inspire confidence at all, basically, he was using the default by-line of "we're working with the supplier to get the units, and since you have a preorder, we'll confirm when we send out".

Did ANYONE get their Amazon Xbox Day One confirmed with tracking today?

The PS4 for me shipped on Friday and arrived Monday (UPS Priority).

Man, that's unbelievable. I ordered within like 5 minutes of it going up on Amazon.ca on June 10, and it's been "Shipping Now" for 36 hours. I was assured by two CS people it would ship today, which of course it has not. Based on your chat, sounds like there's a chance we won't even get units, and I doubt they do anything compensatory at all. I cannot understand how Amazon.ca is such a pathetic shadow of the US one, and I'll be pretty bummed if I don't end up with a Day One XBO.

Man, that's unbelievable. I ordered within like 5 minutes of it going up on Amazon.ca on June 10, and it's been "Shipping Now" for 36 hours. I was assured by two CS people it would ship today, which of course it has not. Based on your chat, sounds like there's a chance we won't even get units, and I doubt they do anything compensatory at all. I cannot understand how Amazon.ca is such a pathetic shadow of the US one, and I'll be pretty bummed if I don't end up with a Day One XBO.
The followup email was more optimistic.

Our fulfillment centers process a high volume of shipments daily,and we work very hard to make sure every customer's order gets out the door as quickly as possible. I do apologize for the wait but we will not delay it so long we miss the estimated delivery date we have given you in your confirmation email. This is still considered on time.

We have many customer orders for this item, and we've just begun receiving copies from our suppliers. We are filling orders as quickly as we can on a first-come, first-served basis.

We expect to ship your order in the next few days. Once it is shipped, we'll send you an e-mail message confirming the date, contents, and method of your shipment.

Well next gen has arrived at my place...

IMG_1914_zpsbae631e6.jpg

Though my wife mentioned that she would like to foot the XBone bill and give it to me as a Christmas gift...

....I think I might take her up on that...

Is Amazon.ca offering credit for delayed shipments?

I would hope so...

I price matched it at Future Shop just a couple hours ago, and the teller didn't even ask me to show him the walmart.ca page. He just seemed to know about it already, and rung it through. I may have just been lucky in this case.

Does anyone think lcd vitas willl be available in Canada for the 150 ish price Americans are getting for black Friday? I'd love a white one for ys 4...

Jinto

Any chance my Mario/Zelda will arrive tomorrow now that Canada Post is doing Weekend Shipping for the holidays?

Anyone have any more info on weekend shipping at all?

I sure hope so. Zelda has been processed locally, so if they do, it means I get it tomorrow. Please, let it be so!

chrono01

Canada Post is doing weekend shipping now? My shipment has been processed here in Edmonton as of today but it still shows a scheduled delivery of Monday.

If it did arrive tomorrow that would be an incredible surprise, but while they might be doing weekend shipping I doubt they're doing weekend deliveries. :(

Had two copies of Zelda ordered, one for me and another for a fellow US Gaffer who asked for it, BB told me they are shipping only one musical chest :(
They're still on their way, should be here on Monday!

Smiley90

Question: What happens if I don't pick up a parcel from Canada post that I ordered from BestBuy? Does it get sent back and I eventually get refunded without any problems?

Smiley90

yup, sent back, refund when they receive it

Alright, sounds good. Because I don't really feel like picking up my extra PS4 from Canada Post and carrying it on public transit all the way to the closest bestbuy, which is like 45mins and 2 different trains away.

Zing

Banned
With that Walmart $250 Wii U, there is no excuse for delaying purchase. If they are price matching and still giving the $40 gift card, everyone should own one!

Guys I am sort of lost on receiver shopping.

I am looking for a reciever with the following.

3d
4-6 hdmi inputs

I dont really need network capabilities.

What should I budget? I was looking at the STR dh740 its for 279 at futureshop. Is that a good deal?

iphys

Alright, sounds good. Because I don't really feel like picking up my extra PS4 from Canada Post and carrying it on public transit all the way to the closest bestbuy, which is like 45mins and 2 different trains away.

Keep in mind Canada Post will hold it for a couple weeks before sending it back, and it might take a while to get a refund. I've heard it can take up to 6 weeks.

Vamphuntr

Hopefully we get a good Vita deal for the new model. I need a Vita but I wonder if I should pay 200$ for the Walking Dead Bundler or wait for a better deal.

FYI, Atwater Pharmaprix (Montreal) has at least 3 Wii U sets and at least one NSMB set at $250. Great deal if you're looking, especially if you have points to burn.

Does anyone think lcd vitas willl be available in Canada for the 150 ish price Americans are getting for black Friday? I'd love a white one for ys 4...

Hopefully we get a good Vita deal for the new model. I need a Vita but I wonder if I should pay 200$ for the Walking Dead Bundler or wait for a better deal.

LCD Vitas are out in North America? I thought they are just out in Japan.

krae_man

Not gaming related but I was at Walmart today and they had the complete series of married with children for $30. I paid more then that per season. That's crazy for 11 seasons.

Still waiting on remember me and fuse to hit the bargin bins. Hurry up and get there dammit.

Returners

Not gaming related but I was at Walmart today and they had the complete series of married with children for $30. I paid more then that per season. That's crazy for 11 seasons.

Still waiting on remember me and fuse to hit the bargin bins. Hurry up and get there dammit.

FUSE I bought at Target for 17.99.

Tagg9

Anyone know where I can get a quality HDMI splitter? I've run out of ports on my receiver, and I still want to have my PS3 hooked up.

I was going to just buy a cheap $5 one off eBay, but I want something reliable if I'm gonna connect it to a PS3 + PS4.

Smiley90

Keep in mind Canada Post will hold it for a couple weeks before sending it back, and it might take a while to get a refund. I've heard it can take up to 6 weeks.

Do you think I could go to Canada Post and just tell them to send it back? :p

Top Bottom