• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Walmart's website must be glitched I kept refreshing the page and suddenly the Mario & Luigi Wii U Deluxe Set was in stock so I quickly ordered it. They sent me an email saying its OoS but if they get any in the next 28 days they will fulfill my order.

Sora_N

Anyone know if there's a way to check tiv at fs/bb for games? Other than going there or calling? They take too damn long lol.

Anyone know if there's a way to check tiv at fs/bb for games? Other than going there or calling? They take too damn long lol.

TIVS.ca is the best bet. Though it's user updated, so it isn't complete. And pay attention to when each game was last updated, the value may not be correct.

Hey does the shop.ca guy still post here....

cuz this got me concerned regarding my Nov 7 PS4 pre order.
Taken from RFD
This company needs to get its act together. I ordered a PS4 bundle on October 11th. They promised it would be shipped out on November 15th. In my order history it says all items shipped, but when I click on the order it says "shipping soon" with no tracking info or date. They do not have any online chat available and I got errors when trying to submit a support ticket. My next step is going to posting this information everywhere and then initiating a chargeback on my credit card and never dealing with this guys again. Very poor customer service, get your act together shop.ca and get this dealt with ASAP!

Worse come to Worse he could always use paypal to get his money back, but damn yo.

snack

Taken from RFD

Worse come to Worse he could always use paypal to get his money back, but damn yo.
Damn. I ordered from there when they had the kz bundle with one controller. I hope everything works out.

-Deimos

Taken from RFD

When was your order supposed to ship and where do you live? You usually can't rely on tracking information if it's only been a few days after shipping. I've had a lot of orders from different stores arrive before the tracking information updated. If its been a week and still no update, then there's probably cause for concern.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just checked... some people on RFD seem to have theirs as shipping soon. Mine is still on order received. I hope it's just some delay over the weekend, because I'd be kind of annoyed if some people who ordered after me got theirs shipped before mine.

iphys

You have to file a PayPal claim within 45 days of the transaction, so if you haven't received your merchandise within 45 days, I'd definitely start the claim process: you can back out of the claim if you receive the item after 45 days.

So far I received all 3 orders I did with Shop.ca, but they are terrible for sending shipment notifications. My first order, I didn't get the notification till an hour after I'd received my item. Second order, they were good and sent out the notifications for both shipments in my order in advance. Third order, I got the item yesterday morning, and have received no shipping notification. Just for that reason, I will probably avoid ordering from them in the future.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Did you get tracking information of any sort, or did the orders just show up?

I sort of understand that they probably got slammed with RFD orders and whatnot, but they probably need to have more people on this stuff.

When was your order supposed to ship and where do you live? You usually can't rely on tracking information if it's only been a few days after shipping. I've had a lot of orders from different stores arrive before the tracking information updated. If its been a week and still no update, then there's probably cause for concern.

Well it's not my order I'm quoting what someone from Redflagdeals said.

He said it was supposed to be shipped by Nov 15th........

I just hope this doesn't happen with my Nov. 7 Order(said would be shipped by dec 9)
cuz I have to return my PS4 before january in order to get a full refund it would suck returning it and I'm still waiting on the shop.ca one.

-Deimos

I honestly don't mind if the tracking sucks, 20% off from ebates is a hell of a deal.

Well it's not my order I'm quoting what someone from Redflagdeals said.

He said it was supposed to be shipped by Nov 15th........

You said you have a Nov 7 order? When is that supposed to ship?

Edit: Ah ok, is that the Killzone Ps Plus bundle? I got that one and Infinity said it should ship on the 3rd. I live close to Toronto and my last order arrived the same day as when it shipped so I hope that's the case again.

I honestly don't mind if the tracking sucks, 20% off from ebates is a hell of a deal.

You said you have a Nov 7 order? When is that supposed to ship?

Edit: Ah ok, is that the Killzone Ps Plus bundle? I got that one and Infinity said it should ship on the 3rd. I live close to Toronto and my last order arrived the same day as when it shipped so I hope that's the case again.

Yeah I know he said on the 3rd and that the 9th was just for precaution. I just hope nothing happens...
I mean shit I gotta wait for it to ship so ebates can finally my cashback up online.(had ad block when I ordered)

-Deimos

Yeah I know he said on the 3rd and that the 9th was just for precaution. I just hope nothing happens...
I mean shit I gotta wait for it to ship so ebates can finally my cashback up online.(had ad block when I ordered)

My first Ebates cashback from Shop worked out fine, but I know what you mean. When you have $100 in cashback and you're not even sure it'll work, it's pretty nerve racking. I had adblock on as well for both orders so I think we're safe.

That 20% won't last forever.

Gotta take advantage of it while I can.

Anth0ny

So I don't know how rare this thing is, but Future Shop at north York city centre has a HUGE stack of NSMBU and NSLU Wii U bundles. At least 20 were just sitting there. Nintendo land deluxe, basics and Wind Waker bundles too.

Anybody got their Tearaway preorder bonus code from EB? I preordered in store and they told me the codes are delayed!! On their website it said the code should be printed on the receipt!!
Also no codes from FS for KZ:SF preorder!
Anybody with different outcome?

Sora_N

So I don't know how rare this thing is, but Future Shop at north York city centre has a HUGE stack of NSMBU and NSLU Wii U bundles. At least 20 were just sitting there. Nintendo land deluxe, basics and Wind Waker bundles too.

I saw this at my FS 2 days ago, lol.

2013-11-21114119_zpsd5b21ab9.jpg

-Deimos

Dammit it's snowing in Brampton, hooray! /sarcasm. This morning it was a light frost but I thought it would melt away. Just looked out the window after studying all day and there's a good 2-3cm.

Maximus.

Anyone know where I can get a quality HDMI splitter? I've run out of ports on my receiver, and I still want to have my PS3 hooked up.

I was going to just buy a cheap $5 one off eBay, but I want something reliable if I'm gonna connect it to a PS3 + PS4.

I got a cheap splitter on amazon and it has worked perfectly.

Anyone know where I can get a quality HDMI splitter? I've run out of ports on my receiver, and I still want to have my PS3 hooked up.

I was going to just buy a cheap $5 one off eBay, but I want something reliable if I'm gonna connect it to a PS3 + PS4.

I got this of Amazon and it does the job well!

Dunlop

From RFD

Last of Us/book of spells (with move and camaera) $14.88 each

Shoppers Drug Mart (Pharmaprix in Quebec)

Just picked up Last of Us so it is definitely valid

frequency

My Super Mario 3D World authorization charge from Future Shop disappeared...
The authorization showed up on Nov 21. It never shipped. I was checking my credit card online and noticed it's just completely gone now. Did they just cancel it on me?

jmro

Anyone know what Best Buy gives for a 4GB 360 slim these days?

tivs.ca is down at the moment.

Also trying to figure out the best way to get a decent value out of my backwards compatible 60GB PS3, and I assume trading in to best buy is not the best way

From RFD

Shoppers Drug Mart (Pharmaprix in Quebec)

Oh well, same old same for me. My shoppers has enough games to warrant going there to check in case of, but not enough for me to have ever been able to catch any of those deals. They had CoD MW III, some Black Ops II, GTA V, but of course no Last of Us. GL to you guys!

Top Bottom