• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

veras

What's your ship date? Is it the day 1 version?

Day One Edition ordered June 10th, estimated delivery Tuesday by 8 PM to Toronto, most recent tracking update (UPS) currently says:

'November 24, 2013, 7:33 am, Mississauga ON CA Shipment has left seller facility and is in transit'

Seems plausible that I might get it tomorrow but not holding my breath. They also shoved the DS4 I bought during that $40 deal into the same box, apparently.

No_Style

So I tried to price match the M&L Wii U bundle at BestBuy today because I wanted to use my gift card there as well. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful despite Walmart's website clearly showing stock.

I didn't know this but BestBuy has their own Price Matching website which their employees are asked to use. And since their website said there's no inventory, the employee was not able to price match. Even though I showed them the Walmart website with stock, they refused.

Crumminess.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Weird question maybe, but given that the PS controller takes any kind of one-plug headset, what kind of headset do you guys recommend? I preferably want something small and cheap, kind of like the 360 headset that actually came with the console. As long as it has decent quality and isn't super heavy-obstructive (since I tend to wanna talk to people in my apartment at the same time), it's perfect. Maybe there's even a deal on some headsets for black Friday?

My PC headset is USB only... which WOULD work for the PS4, only the cable's too short for me to sit on the couch :(

Megasoum

Banned
I'm thinking about trading in my copy of Killzone (almost done with it and no way I do another playthough of that lol)...

So do Futureshop or EB Games sell "point cards" for the 3DS eShop or even Steam?

Weird question maybe, but given that the PS controller takes any kind of one-plug headset, what kind of headset do you guys recommend? I preferably want something small and cheap, kind of like the 360 headset that actually came with the console. As long as it has decent quality and isn't super heavy-obstructive (since I tend to wanna talk to people in my apartment at the same time), it's perfect. Maybe there's even a deal on some headsets for black Friday?

My PC headset is USB only... which WOULD work for the PS4, only the cable's too short for me to sit on the couch :(

No idea about your first question.

Solution to the not long enough cable : http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=95c19ab21e221797c997c799b8fb1324en02

Ramblin

Banned
So I tried to price match the M&L Wii U bundle at BestBuy today because I wanted to use my gift card there as well. Unfortunately I was unsuccessful despite Walmart's website clearly showing stock.

I didn't know this but BestBuy has their own Price Matching website which their employees are asked to use. And since their website said there's no inventory, the employee was not able to price match. Even though I showed them the Walmart website with stock, they refused.

Crumminess.

I figured that would happen to me, so I just stayed home. I assume this price reduction is a test to see how well it will sell at that price point. I'm hoping that by Feburary that will be the standard price.

Dunlop

From RFD

Last of Us/book of spells (with move and camaera) $14.88 each

Shoppers Drug Mart (Pharmaprix in Quebec)

Just picked up Last of Us so it is definitely valid

The sale seems to be on more than just that, I picked up Injustice for $14.88 also and people on RFD are posting all kinds of games with the same deal...none of them marked down on the shelf

khaaan

Anyone in Mississauga looking for a PS4? The Wal-Mart on Argentia has a healthy stock, I just picked up
a WiiU
for myself!

Edit: Should probably specify, by healthy I mean about 5 units and that was this morning. It was kind of funny...the PSVita section has moved up to the front with the PS4 stuff, the Nintendo stuff is now at the back. They had at least 10 WiiU units sitting there and waiting for a home.

Wii U 32GB Mario + Luigi bundle is $249.99 at SDM today (and yesterday).
I bought one this morning but the box was not in good condition so I PMed at a Toys R Us just now to bring it down to $224.99 (they have a promo now until Christmas where they beat any advertised or prices of receipts by 10% if the price difference is greater than 5%).

Also if you PM the Walmart $199.99 Zelda 3DS XL at TRU they will give it to you for $179.99, also picked up one of those just now.

YMMV a bit but technically they should let you if the item is in stock and is the same item. I was rejected at the Metrotown location because they were so anal on the Wii U system being a "bundle" since the fine print said bundles are not allowed. I don't understand the logic as I am pretty sure that is referring to store specific bundle offers and not this product which is just one SKU with a system and game. :/
Ah well, in contrast the Richmond TRU was very welcoming and helpful. :)

veras

Ugh this is extremely frustrating, after I xfered over my old 3DS XL to the Zelda LE one and downloaded Zelda, I noticed the plastic surround on the lower screen is warped (raised slightly at the back): http://i.imgur.com/ETuYDpH.jpg

Do I have any good options here or should I just live with it? Purchased at FS if it matters

Edit: Well I called Nintendo and they had no good ideas, they couldn't even guarantee they could replace it with another Zelda unit as a repair. I think my only possible solution here is to transfer back to my old system, exchange the Zelda one, transfer again - using up 3 xfers total and leaving me with 1 left. They wouldn't even reset any of my xfers if I did choose to do that (the guy at Nintendo was the one who suggested it). The one week cooldown on transfers messes the whole thing up too. Pretty awful! (and that all assumes FS will even let me exchange it)

NYR

Ugh this is extremely frustrating, after I xfered over my old 3DS XL to the Zelda LE one and downloaded Zelda, I noticed the plastic surround on the lower screen is warped (raised slightly at the back): http://i.imgur.com/ETuYDpH.jpg

Do I have any good options here or should I just live with it? Purchased at FS if it matters
That is a product defect, I would return and exchange it.

veras

That is a product defect, I would return and exchange it.

How do I even do that logistically though (considering I need to xfer systems again)? On top of that since it comes with a digital download code (which has been used), I assumed they'd disallow it entirely.

Lexxism

You need to do another system transfer but it have a 1 week cooldown before you can even transfer again. Plus, if they will allow you do the system transfer to the new unit.

-Deimos

Ok so I made my third purchase with Ebates+Shop.ca but this time my cash back got updated within an hour. I remembered to disable adblock this time so I guess that confirms the delay for my other purchases. Moral of the story: Remember to disable adblock.

iphys

How do I even do that logistically though (considering I need to xfer systems again)? On top of that since it comes with a digital download code (which has been used), I assumed they'd disallow it entirely.

It sucks, but since you've done the transfer you're going to have to send it to Nintendo for repairs, if they can even repair that. If you wait 7 days to transfer back and try to exchange it, and wait another 7 days to transfer to the new XL, you'll have wasted 2 more of your 5 system transfers, and who knows whether the store will even still have stock in a week.

Because it sucks.
Lol I kid I kid, cuz I'm getting one from shop.ca for a cheaper price(around 430$) and with 1 yr of plus plus and killzone for free. It should be shipped during the first week of december. I'm going to return it this week to avoid anything crazy happening and plus I got finals I have to deal with, might try to put it on kijji to see if i can sell it. If not then it's getting returned before end of the week

lol so now i'm getting the update file cannot be used after I cancelled the initialization option on the PS4(they said I could using circle) and they asked me to plug in a USB device with the 1.5.1 updater or later on it

WHAT THE FUCK
Yeah this one is definitely getting returned to FS ASAP

edit: let it shut down, went into recovery mode and did a normal initialize(without reinstall system software option, this seemed to give me problems.)
Man now I can't even try to sell it I don't want the buyer to run into any problems, I guess I'll really have to return it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
It seems like everyone is getting their PS4 from shop.ca except me. :p

Hopefully the order status changes tomorrow, but I guess I can't really complain until December 9th, even if everyone else seems to be getting theirs.

-Deimos

It seems like everyone is getting their PS4 from shop.ca except me. :p

Hopefully the order status changes tomorrow, but I guess I can't really complain until December 9th, even if everyone else seems to be getting theirs.

Which one did you get? The Killzone + Ps Plus doesn't ship until Dec 3.

cube444

Funny part is that he's willing to deliver within 100km. Not that I would ever do it, but say you live really far away...

:lol

This guy is hilarious too:

Up for sale is the new Zelda 3DS XL bundle (North American version).

The bundle includes the limited edition Zelda system and Zelda link between worlds full game download.

Product will ship November 23 after release on November 22, guaranteed.

This product is limited to 12,000 units and will be high on demand like the Zelda Ocarina of Time 25th Anniverssary bundle that was previously released in 2011, which was also strictly limited to 12,000 units.

Link

Fularu

Banned
Got Lego City (Wii U) for 14.88 at Shoppers (Pharmaprix) and TLOU for 10.49 at FS (they pricematched Shoppers and gave me the 10% discount)

Prety good day overall. On friday I also got ME Trilogy on PS3 for 12$ and TTT2 WiiU for 6$ at target

So glad target got here :p

gillFTR

How soon do you think XBONEs are going to be back on the shelf in Canada, missed my chance to get it on Friday. Calgary really loves their gaming,

Top Bottom