• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Noahd41

Neo Member
I ended up going with Killzone, Infamous and GTA 5 for the futureshop deal. It was pretty hard for me to put three titles together in the first place, let alone without the Last of Us since that was my primary interest and at least a PS4 launch title. I don't need the Last of Us day 1 but hopefully I can get something out of customer service for the inconvenience.

Also, Bioshock Infinite is 34.95 on amazon but you do have to pay a few bucks for shipping.

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B003O6E6NE/

Amazon.ca has opened PlayStation 4 pre-orders again, just a heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. I have one with BB, FS, EB and Amazon. I'm not confident with Amazon or EB as they're second round pre-orders. I'm really hoping they let people know well enough in advance if they're not getting one so I can figure out which one will net me the PS4 day one.

snack

For the people that preordered the PS4 on Amazon.ca in the first round or preorders, what does your shipping estimate say?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Preordered 24 games, I think I'm set till next E3 lol.

PS3 - Tales of Xillia, Lords of Shadows 2, Last Guardian (lol filler), Dragon's Crown, FFX HD, MGS Legacy Collection, Puppeteer

Wii U - Super Luigi U, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, DKC Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, X, Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2

3DS - Project X Zone, Pokemon X and Y, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Bravely Default, Yoshi's Island, Smash Bros

i-Lo

So, MGSV and FFXV are nowhere in sight, and Planetside is priced at $60 (a god damn F2P).... what a pitiful joke. I was really hoping to bundle the last The Division with MGSV and FFXV but FS's product selection division has other bright ideas like being stupendously incompetent.

Here are the current orders (got lucky):

order2mcu8z.png

order1ljur4.png

You can return it in the store for the amount you payed for it.

Yep, I did it for Ninja Shiten 3 (which I pre ordered during E3 2011 under the same offer)

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Has anybody tried tweeting futureshop, or giving them a call to put FFXV for PS4?

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad

SMT

Just so we get things straight:

@FS_Gamer (most interactive account)

@FS_GetItFirst

@FS_Deals

Chatin

Was about to head to Best Buy for the Nintendo demos, but we have tornado warnings and hail in Edmonton, right now. Nice timing, Mother Nature!

SMT

i-Lo

Good job!

lol @futureshop

Yea, I wasn't expecting a prompt response. FFXV forms the third game for the last pre-order for me. I'd be extremely disappointed if they can't get their preorder catalogue right by tomorrow since FFXV was shown off at E3.

You can return it in the store for the amount you payed for it.

Perfect.

AS for the Amazon.ca orders, on their website it says the product will be released on November 30, which is more likely to change.

So the shipping estimates don't matter now as they will most likely be changed too.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Great to hear that MGS5 is coming tomorrow! Hope they'll put the PS3 version there too, as I sadly don't think I'll have to money for a PS4 this year. As long as this version isn't too gimped, it should be alright.

amrod

Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 57s
Hey fans! Metal Gear Solid V & Final Fantasy XV should be on the website for pre-order soon! Check back later today: http://ow.ly/lYzUn

Now just elders scroll online ps4 and its all good :)

Noahd41

Neo Member
I also put in an amazon order. Not too impressed with futureshop pulling the Last of Us... I will either cancel it or sell it.

Preordered 24 games, I think I'm set till next E3 lol.

PS3 - Tales of Xillia, Lords of Shadows 2, Last Guardian (lol filler), Dragon's Crown, FFX HD, MGS Legacy Collection, Puppeteer

Wii U - Super Luigi U, Game & Wario, Pikmin 3, Wonderful 101, DKC Tropical Freeze, Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, X, Smash Bros U, Bayonetta 2

3DS - Project X Zone, Pokemon X and Y, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, Bravely Default, Yoshi's Island, Smash Bros

Where did you see Lords of Shadow 2 on Futureshop's website?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone ask them on Twitter if they can add the current-gen version of MGS5? I don't have a twitter account. :/

Proc

Current orders:

dead rising 3
halo
titanfall
forza 5

-----
watch dogs (ps4)
bf4 (ps4)
ac4 (ps4)

-----
killzone (ps4)
cod ghosts(ps4)
infamaous second son

I'm not sure I want to keep the xbox one pre-order yet. Seems a bit excessive to keep it just for a handful exclusives but like many of you I've chosen to pre-order now and decide later.

I still need to figure out how to work in Destiny and Mirror's edge.

btkadams

my preorder list is terrifying right now. i put it all into a spreadsheet so that i don't forget about orders at different websites.

it's currently sitting at $1600, not including the PS4 preorder and peripherals. i'm definitely going to have to cancel/return some lol. i just wanted to preorder everything i had an interest in, so that i don't pay full price for games.

Proc

Since we all seem to be a frugal bunch...anyone else having a harder time justifying pre-ordering the xbox one copy of a third party game; knowing we can't trade it back in?

Giard

Is this what you were trying to do?:

suWZS2K.jpg

Seems to work fine for me.

Yeah, it worked for me too at that point. It's once the order has been confirmed and you want to check it on FS's website that the price is wrong. The invoice I got was correct.

Futureshop replied, they said that the shown price was incorrect and they told me that the invoice is correct... so everything should be fine.

Wow - just realized I've racked up $1000 in games today with more to come tomorrow once they update the site. Well, at least I know where most of my games are going to be coming from in the next year or so.

Order 1:
Link Between Worlds
Pokemon X
Bravely Default

Order 2:
Pikmin 3
Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
Windwaker HD

Order 3:
Super Smash Bros U
Legend of Zelda U
X
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem

First is all 3DS stuff I'm very certain of. I don't even have a wii u yet, so I need to make that decision before I start receiving bunches of games for it. The first order might get cancelled pretty soon, since it's all 2013 stuff, but the second order is all likely to come later, so I have a little while to think about that one.

Sora_N

I only kept the 3DS games I KNOW I want, they often go on sale for $29.99 anyways, I can definitely wait for Mario&Luigi and Yoshi. They come out at a bad time, I have other games I want during that time.

Will they be putting Ace Attorney up at all for this deal?

khaaan

Man, some people went really overboard with FS pre-orders. I feel like I did as well considering I pre-order maybe one game a year.

Set 1:
Pokemon Y
Mario & Luigi Dream Team
Bravely Default Flying Fairy

Set 2:
The Legend of Zelda U
The Last of Us
Tales of Xilla

Set 3:
X
Legend of Zelda Link Between Worlds
Super Mario 3D World

What I'd like for a 4th set:
Final Fantasy XV
Kingdom Hearts 3
Fire Emblem X SMT

ohlawd

I only kept the 3DS games I KNOW I want, they often go on sale for $29.99 anyways, I can definitely wait for Mario&Luigi and Yoshi. They come out at a bad time, I have other games I want during that time.

Will they be putting Ace Attorney up at all for this deal?

say what?

Dual Destinies is still digital only, right?

my preorder list is terrifying right now. i put it all into a spreadsheet so that i don't forget about orders at different websites.

it's currently sitting at $1600, not including the PS4 preorder and peripherals. i'm definitely going to have to cancel/return some lol. i just wanted to preorder everything i had an interest in, so that i don't pay full price for games.

Damn man. I thought I was going hard at $1300, and that's including my PS4 pre-order and games from last years e3 that haven't come out yet. How many games is that?

This is the best promotion, especially for the handheld games. Bioshock infinite was my last game from the original futureshop e3 deal in 2011 so this is coming just in time. Up to 21 games so far.

Top Bottom