• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone got a link to said $20 off coupon for SDM? Have a friend looking to buy an XL and it might be a decent deal.

If you tried to get a copy of Starfox for 3DS but the Future Shop website said there were no copies available at your local store, check anyways. Just came back from the downtown Toronto one and I snagged the second-last copy. Enjoy!

Sober

Lame, I bought a used copy of Star Fox for 15 lol

I forgot how short that game is though =/
You're supposed to replay it! Well, don't ask me how long it took 10 year old me to figure out how to get to the other planets and not just take the same track across the bottom for the twentieth time :p

Also fuck Sector Z. I intend to replay SF64 a bunch but FUCK THAT level and trying to 3-star it. I still have nightmares from doing that as a child.

I didn't want to dig in this thread to quote, but I can confirm that Rayman legends is ringing up as $19.83 at Wal Mart.

I had them ring up all console versions, Vita had none in stock, but the console ones all came up as $19.83. I picked up the Wii u version.

Woo!

I'd love to get one for the WiiU at this price but it's full price online and apparently all Calgary walmarts have been cleaned :(

Gibbles17

Other than them not getting it to me by launch, their delivery was fine. Large box, packed with paper seemed to keep it in good condition. Not that I tried mine out to see if it worked. I returned it since I had picked up my PS4 from my other pre-order at EB.

Afaik, you can use as many as you want. You can even use BB gift card on FS online and vice versa.

I ordered mine from Future shop, to Edmonton as well. Like the other poster said, other than not getting it at launch (It arrived the Wednesday after launch, after a lot of pestering them since it was in Edmonton on Monday), it was packed well and worked perfectly. The box was undamaged as well. I don't really think its Futureshops fault for the late shipping, it was more Canada Posts fault, but that was enough to keep me from ordering online from them in the future. But if you're looking to use Futureshop gift cards, then you really have no choice.

Right on, thanks for the replies team. Good to hear that they get delivered in one piece. Also had no idea you could use FS cards at BB and vice-versa, really good to know. Fingers crossed the stocks get replenished soon. Thanks a milli again.

Just went to Wally's World to get Rayman Legends and it wasn't scanning up as $20, full price instead. I guess it was a mistake and they fixed it.

Flyers next week

Wal-mart has a $40 GC with Wii U Mario and Luigi
SM3D World is $50

Target has 20% off select accessories

Superstore has 4GB Kinect for $220 and No Tax Sat. and Sun (Ontario)

Shoppers has M&L 3DS $170
3DS $130
$40 for GTA, NHL, AC4, FIFA, BF4, Beyond, Batman, Ghosts
$20 for a bunch of Kinect games
4GB Kinect $200 and 10,000 points
Kinect $80

Flyers next week

Wal-mart has a $40 GC with Wii U Mario and Luigi
SM3D World is $50

Target has 20% off select accessories

Superstore has 4GB Kinect for $220 and No Tax Sat. and Sun (Ontario)

Shoppers has M&L 3DS $170
3DS $130
$40 for GTA, NHL, AC4, FIFA, BF4, Beyond, Batman, Ghosts
$20 for a bunch of Kinect games
4GB Kinect $200 and 10,000 points
Kinect $80
link?

Just went to Wally's World to get Rayman Legends and it wasn't scanning up as $20, full price instead. I guess it was a mistake and they fixed it.

That sucks, I went to a Wal Mart Supercentre at 4:30pm on December 10, not sure if it's a Supercentre only thing as some deals in the past have been, like the cheap $10 Wii U games in the summer.

Atomsky

Banned
ASUS VG248QE monitor is now $259.99 on Newegg.ca. And if you make Staples do a price match, it will end up even cheaper because Staples does free shipping.

all the copies I saw had their discount stickers on them, and we're moved to the discount shelf. I highly doubt it was a mistake.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
If you manage to find it, Sleeping Dogs on the 360 is $5 at The Source. Wanted to try the game for a while... Guess I'll see if I can enjpy it after playing GTA5!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Canada Post is phasing out door-to-door delivery of regular mail to urban residents and increasing the cost of stamps in a major move to try to reduce significant, regular losses.

The Crown corporation announced its plans in a news release Wednesday, saying urban home delivery will be phased out over the next five years.

Starting March 31, the cost of a stamp will increase to 85 cents each if bought in a pack, up from 63 cents. Individual stamps will cost a dollar.

Canada Post said that over the next five years, it will eliminate 6,000 to 8,000 positions, but it expects 15,000 workers will leave the company or retire within that period.
Transport Minister Lisa Raitt said in September the idea of cutting door-to-door delivery in urban areas was worth considering in the face of $104 million in losses in the second quarter.

​​Revenue dropped $20 million in the first three quarters of 2013 compared to the same timeframe last year.

Here are some other numbers, from Canada Post:

5,094,694 people get door-to-door delivery in Canada.
Average cost per address is $269.
3,804, 574 get mail through group mail boxes.
Average cost per box is $117.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/canada-post-to-phase-out-urban-home-mail-delivery-1.2459618

I also started a thread for this.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=733036

Shinyo

Neo Member
Anyone in Vancouver still waiting for their Shop.ca PS4 order? Got a shipping update from UPS this morning with "Adverse weather conditions. Weather conditions might delay delivery of this shipment."

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This was actually the first 3DS game I ever bought (only to trade it in toward SM3DL), but at $10, I'll give it another chance, so reserved at FS for after work.
I was the same, bought it, sold it for something else, but I re-bought it yesterday lol.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
hoping to buy a 3DS xl next week. hope there will be some good deals. already know about the SDM one. god I hope they don't run out. I really like that silver luigi one

L3E2

Anyone in Vancouver still waiting for their Shop.ca PS4 order? Got a shipping update from UPS this morning with "Adverse weather conditions. Weather conditions might delay delivery of this shipment."

Got the same notice but I'm in Calgary

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Zelda Wii U $210 on Chapters.ca.
Speaking of Chapters, they're currently offering free shipping to your home with no minimum (ends tomorrow). It's great if there's something small that you don't want to pay for delivery and don't want it shipped to a store (which is always free).

That sucks, I went to a Wal Mart Supercentre at 4:30pm on December 10, not sure if it's a Supercentre only thing as some deals in the past have been, like the cheap $10 Wii U games in the summer.

all the copies I saw had their discount stickers on them, and we're moved to the discount shelf. I highly doubt it was a mistake.

Was it a supercentre like the quote above you says? The one I went to wasn't.

Zelda Wii U $210 on Chapters.ca.

Wow, that's pretty thread-worthy i'd say.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
My name is in the winners for AC IV on Xbox One, but I have not received anything..
Yeah, I pestered them and got the community manager to post an update. Apparently there's a problem with NA accounts that they're working on. Which doesn't explain why some people got their codes immediately, but oh well. lol

terrible

Banned
UPlay thing is up, still PS4 season pass for AC4, Gold copy of the game for Xbone and Just Dance full game for both console!

Yessssssss, I got in on the full version of ACIV for PS4! Thanks for reminding me about this, I would've forgot. I missed it the last two weeks and I'm pretty sure this is our last chance.

Yessssssss, I got in on the full version of ACIV for PS4! Thanks for reminding me about this, I would've forgot. I missed it the last two weeks and I'm pretty sure this is our last chance.

No problem! =)

Is it really that easy? Message said to wait a couple of days for the key.

Yes it is... crazy huh? Nobody seems to know about it, that's why there is still plenty of codes for everything but ACIV PS4 right now. I redeemed the Gold copy of ACIV today and season pass last week.

Can we give the keys away? I don't have a PS4.

Yes, it's just a code.

Top Bottom