• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Draff

For anyone looking for the Chapters/Indigo Wii U deal, make sure to ask the guys in the Indigo Tech section. The Indigo I went to at Bay/Bloor doesn't have a video game section so it took me some time to track one down.

For anyone looking for the Chapters/Indigo Wii U deal, make sure to ask the guys in the Indigo Tech section. The Indigo I went to at Bay/Bloor doesn't have a video game section so it took me some time to track one down.

So they honoured the online price? There's a Chapters near here that has a few in stock according to the website. I already own a Wii U but I know people who might want one at that price.

Speaking if Uplay, I can't even link my PSN account now, not my UPlay account page, can't even sign in to Uplay in ACIV on my PS4, I always get a message that server is not available or something like that!!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking if Uplay, I can't even link my PSN account now, not my UPlay account page, can't even sign in to Uplay in ACIV on my PS4, I always get a message that server is not available or something like that!!
Do you have more than 100 friends? Apparently that breaks it on PS4.

Vamphuntr

Anyone had a similar experience with Futureshop lately? I had an order that was shipped Monday and the tracking only shows that CP received electronic information about the parcel or whatever. I think this means they know the package is coming to their facility but that FS has not sent it to them yet? It's been 4 days now. I know it's Christmas and all and that they are swamped with orders but I ordered something from Amazon Tuesday with free shipping and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow by CP too.

Maximus.

Deciding which game to trade in at Best Buy. PS3 Cod Ghosts or PS4 BF4. I have the upgrade for Ghosts to play on PS4. I dont need two shooters and with BF4's issues, I am leaning towards trading that game in. Any thoughts?

Takuan

Deciding which game to trade in at Best Buy. PS3 Cod Ghosts or PS4 BF4. I have the upgrade for Ghosts to play on PS4. I dont need two shooters and with BF4's issues, I am leaning towards trading that game in. Any thoughts?

What's the trade in promo? I haven't even opened BF4 yet and I wouldn't mind chucking it for the right deal.

Have you played BF4 post-yesterday's patch? Apparently it's cleaned up quite a bit.

Maximus.

What's the trade in promo? I haven't even opened BF4 yet and I wouldn't mind chucking it for the right deal.

PS4 games you get $40. I got BF4 for $44, so I am not really losing anything. Ghosts will get me $30.

Have you played BF4 post-yesterday's patch? Apparently it's cleaned up quite a bit.

I have not played it after the patch, but the impressions posted in the BF4 thread here after the patch make it seem that things are still bad.

Takuan

PS4 games you get $40. I got BF4 for $44, so I am not really losing anything. Ghosts will get me $30.

I have not played it after the patch, but the impressions posted in the BF4 thread here after the patch make it seem that things are still bad.
Ah, I paid $50. Not sure if I want to suck up the loss or just play the damned thing in its broken glory. I have no idea what I'd get in place of it, anyway.

Maximus.

Ah, I paid $50. Not sure if I want to suck up the loss or just play the damned thing in its broken glory. I have no idea what I'd get in place of it, anyway.

I have Need for Speed and Ghosts. I am trading it in for 1 year PS+ membership, since m 30 day trial is close to expiring!

"Bought" my key on decembre 5th. :p

Same, for the AC4 season's pass on PS4. I also got Just Dance the previous week, and that didn't arrive until the following Thursday. It's Thursday now and still nothing for AC4, but I'm not overly worried now that I've received one key.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Woo, I found a Chapters that had one Wii U Wind Waker bundle left and they put it on hold for me so I can just pick it up tomorrow. And they'll honor the sale price regardless of whether or not it reverts back to $299 tomorrow.. :D

Yeah sooo the ebates deal(shop.ca ps4) for some that did not go through it seems that they will be screwing a lot of people up including me with that cash back.

I read also that shop.ca and ebates.ca are owned by the same company.

Wow just fucking wow if I don't get my cashback!

Yeah sooo the ebates deal(shop.ca ps4) for some that did not go through it seems that they will be screwing a lot of people up including me with that cash back.

I read also that shop.ca and ebates.ca are owned by the same company.

Wow just fucking wow if I don't get my cashback!

What do you mean by "for some that did not go through"? So the cash never showed up under "Cash Pending"?

-Deimos

What makes you say that? I really hope they honor it, I'm going to send them an email tomorrow cause it's be a week since my order arrived and still no update.

What do you mean by "for some that did not go through"? So the cash never showed up under "Cash Pending"?
Some of us forgot to turn off adblock so the cashback hasn't been posted on our accounts.

Joeku

So for anyone who still needs a PS4 or Xbone, Targets are guaranteed to have some of both tomorrow morning. New flyer features them prominently and as such we received shipments (paltry 6 of each) with the instructions to not sell until Friday.

Unfortunately at my Target, we were not told that until we sold the PS4s. Oops.

So for anyone who still needs a PS4 or Xbone, Targets are guaranteed to have some of both tomorrow morning. New flyer features them prominently and as such we received shipments (paltry 6 of each) with the instructions to not sell until Friday.

Unfortunately at my Target, we were not told that until we sold the PS4s. Oops.

Which Target is that? Or at least in which province or city? :)
Just wanna make sure that It's not the store close to me!

Did anybody in Calgary or Alberta get their shop.ca PS4?

lupinko

I hope there's Boxing Day deals for 128gb sdxc cards given that it's likely I will complete the full digital gaming conversion on 3ds.

I currently have 32gb sdhc.

Got my shop.ca PS4 today apparently. I say apparently because I had it shipped to another city since I'm out of town until Christmas, but here's hoping it looks good!

I have a pre-order for "Metal Gear Solid V" at Future Shop. Now is that Ground Zeroes or Phantom Pain?

I've tweeted them twice about it, no answer. Hope it stays for Phantom Pain.

Anyone looking for a PS4, check Toys R Us stores tomorrow. Newest flyer said minimum 6 per store so I assume they're holding some for tomorrow.

Target has $20 giftcard if you buy Forza or AC4 on Xbone. You can also apparently apply it directly to the purchase so you can get em for $39 but your luck make vary by store.

This one is more Montreal exclusive and involves some work. Step one buy a 100$ gift card at Montreal Trust. You get a bonus $25 gift card along with it. Walk on over to the source and buy a $100 gift card with the one you just bought. That also gives you a bonus $25 dollar gift card. So you now have $150 in source money you can spend for $100 and 5 minutes time. Only one per day apparently for the Montreal Trust. Alternatively you can just deal with the Source that's good across Canada. So say you were going to buy a PS4 or Xbox. Buy 4-5 $100 gift cards seperate and you'll have $100-125 towards your console. Valid till Dec. 18th

Did the above today without any issues\hassles.

Firestorm

'grats on the job
Congrats on the job. Whereabouts is it?

I think they take 10% off the price after PM.
Thanks guys! ^_^

I just picked up a Wii U at Toys R Us Metrotown. They had to ring it in at full price and adjust it at the return counter due to the price difference. Forgot to do the 10% the first time but fixed it. It's sold out online but still in stock at the Robson and Broadway locations. I said friends had picked it up at the same price in store based on posts earlier in the thread (Thanks Draff and Xaero Gravity!) which I hope is true or I'm gonna feel bad about lying. Now I can finally play Cat Mario! I got it from the E3 deal at launch but it's still sealed =P

Yep, even though they ordered, some did not even have it showing even with their ad block off

What makes you say that? I really hope they honor it, I'm going to send them an email tomorrow cause it's be a week since my order arrived and still no update.

Some of us forgot to turn off adblock so the cashback hasn't been posted on our accounts.

Quoted from RFD
Here is my unfruitful conversation with support: :(

Milad : Where's my cash back? Question about the email response I received. Tracking Ticket: *******
[You are now chatting with Ty.]
Milad : Good morning
Ty :
Hi, my name is Tyishia, and thank you for choosing Ebates.ca Chat!

Milad : Tyishia, it's perfect that I'm talking to you because you had actually responded to my "where's my cash back" email
Milad : let me take a moment to write down my question
Ty : I see that in your history.
Ty : Sure.
Milad : So at the very beginning through email and a couple of chat sessions I was told the following:
Milad : 1) After my order: it takes up to 7 days for the cash to show up on our account. To which I said alright, I will wait, no problem
Milad : 2) After 7 days was up, I was told, well you have to wait for the product to get shipped and then the amount will show up within 7 days, to which I said, alright, no problem.
Milad : 3) And now, I'm being told it'll take another 10 business days for the investigation to complete, which will put us in Xmas time and closures, etc. No need for me to tell you the obvious.
Milad : but now... I just feel that I am getting the run-around. You know? This process has worked perfectly for my amazon purchases as you see in my account
Milad : I use the same browser, with no ad-block, the same computer. So I don't see what's going on. For proof, I can provide screeshots, my visa statement, a picture of the actual shipment with the shipping label
Milad : anything to show that the purchase was actually made, paid for and received!
Milad : Sorry about the long rant. but go ahead.
Ty : Reporting is up to the merchant. In this case, the order was not reported. We now have to follow our process to determine why. If there wasn't any reason for the order to not be reported, the cash back will be credited to your account. If there was a reason the merchant didn't credit the order, that information will be passed on to you.
Ty : We apologize for any inconvenience.
Milad : well it is inconvenient because now I just feel this is going to get dragged on and at the end I will jsut be told it can't be credited, after being told repeatedly if I wait long enough and it's not there, it can manualy get put in.
Milad : It's not a small amount either you know? It's 97$. That's why I'm concerned.
Ty : I understand that; however, we do not have access to order information so we need to contact the merchant.
Ty : We are currently waiting for a response from the merchant
Ty : This is why you have not yet received a response in regard to your cash back.
Milad : Is there any way for me to speed up this process? by forwarding you the purchase information? (in which you can see the TIME of purchase too, from the original email, which corresponds to the Ebates tracking ticket)
Ty : Unfortunately, no. At this point, the merchant needs to respond to our inquiry. There isn't anything that can be done to speed that up.
Milad : From your experience (because I can't be the only person with this issue), how long does it susually take Shop.ca to answer? I know the safe answer is 10 bus. days, but what is it actually?
Ty : I do not have that information as I do not personally handle investigations. That is handled by a department that unfortunately does not have chat access nor are members able to directly connect with this department.
Milad : So there is nothing you can do for me other than tell me to wait some more?
Ty : Unfortunately, yes.
Milad : *sigh* okay.
Ty : I apologize for not being able to provide any additional information.
Ty : Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
Milad : No.
Milad : Good day.
[Customer Milad has left the session]

I understand the worry over the purchase (credit) not showing up on eBates, but eBates doesn't refund money until the middle of February. Did that guy purchase an earlier PS4 bundle that would've rebated at an earlier eBates quarterly deadline or something? If not, then the 'it's almost Christmas!' concern doesn't make much sense.

Top Bottom