• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

-Deimos

No problem! =)

Yes it is... crazy huh? Nobody seems to know about it, that's why there is still plenty of codes for everything but ACIV PS4 right now. I redeemed the Gold copy of ACIV today and season pass last week.

Yes, it's just a code.

The gold version? I thought that was only for PC.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
How do I get points on Uplay? I'm going to buy an Xbone & PS4 by next spring, and I'd really love to play ACIV, especially for free.

How do I get points on Uplay? I'm going to buy an Xbone & PS4 by next spring, and I'd really love to play ACIV, especially for free.

Trophies from Ubisoft games when your psn is linked with Uplay, some action (same as some trophies) are giving you point. All action from a game is 100 points. I do not know if all the games have points, but all the AC but the first one have them.

-Deimos

Gold Uplay version includes the game, season pass and all the extra dlc. Is the one you redeemed the same one as the one that's up right now?

edit: After visiting the Uplay website again, my points from redeeming have returned. The redemption is still in my transactions history, though. Should I try redeeming a second one?
It's back to 0.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Trophies from Ubisoft games when your psn is linked with Uplay, some action (same as some trophies) are giving you point. All action from a game is 100 points. I do not know if all the games have points, but all the AC but the first one have them.
Well, shoot. Hmm. I'll have to try to link my PSN tonight and get a quick trophy in Rayman on my Vita. Hopefully there are still codes in a few hours.

Roto13

Just redeemed for the PS4 version of ACIV, even though I already have the PS3 version and intended to just pay the upgrade fee, because why not? Not like I need to spend these points on anything else. Also got the season pass.

I knew not redeeming those themes and multiplayer characters was the right decision. :p

Just redeemed for the PS4 version of ACIV, even though I already have the PS3 version and intended to just pay the upgrade fee, because why not? Not like I need to spend these points on anything else. Also got the season pass.

I knew not redeeming those themes and multiplayer characters was the right decision. :p

Season pass was included with your copy but you might have already know that!

Hanzou

Anyone able to tell me if in Canada for the roku there is a good movie rental service? Want to get a Netflix box for my dad since you can rent movies from iTunes and it is all fairly straight forward. Really don't care what else the box can do beside Netflix and rent movies.

Roto13

Season pass was included with your copy but you might have already know that!

I... did not know that. It doesn't say that on the site. :p

Oh well. Not like those Uplay points are really good for anything else. I can give the season pass code away when I get it.

Too bad I can't use it for the PS3 version. :p I don't have a PS4 yet.

djblue89

I... did not know that. It doesn't say that on the site. :p

Oh well. Not like those Uplay points are really good for anything else. I can give the season pass code away when I get it.

Too bad I can't use it for the PS3 version. :p I don't have a PS4 yet.

I'll take the season pass if you want to give it away :) on ps4

DeBhtKp.jpg

This is how it looks on my transactions page so hopefully I'll get the code within two days!
Did anybody get the code after a day or two? or it's your only chance to get it at once?

Firestorm

They should PM. I'd try Toys R Us first since their PM policy makes it $189.

Why do you want the Mario bundle? Physical disc?
Given all the stuff that's out right now and the time I have I don't really see myself playing through Wind Waker again. On the other hand my cousins love New Super Mario Bros on the Wii and I'd like to have it on hand for family gatherings.

Would have picked up the system during the last few sales but I didn't find work until earlier this week :(

Blackhead

Redarse
Given all the stuff that's out right now and the time I have I don't really see myself playing through Wind Waker again. On the other hand my cousins love New Super Mario Bros on the Wii and I'd like to have it on hand for family gatherings.

Would have picked up the system during the last few sales but I didn't find work until earlier this week :(

'grats on the job

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Was that Chapters.ca price for the Zelda Wii U bundle a one day thing? Because I'm thinking of stopping by Best Buy and Walmart before work and trying for a price match.

Lexxism

They should PM. I'd try Toys R Us first since their PM policy makes it $189.

They match the price and then 10% difference right? Shouldn't it be $201?

Was that Chapters.ca price for the Zelda Wii U bundle a one day thing? Because I'm thinking of stopping by Best Buy and Walmart before work and trying for a price match.

It's already out of stock. I doubt you will be able to PM it but you can try it nonetheless. Who knows you might get lucky with CSR.

QaaQer

Anyone able to tell me if in Canada for the roku there is a good movie rental service? Want to get a Netflix box for my dad since you can rent movies from iTunes and it is all fairly straight forward. Really don't care what else the box can do beside Netflix and rent movies.

do you have the roku already? Appletv is pretty strait forward if you only want netflix and itunes. I wouldn't recommend it for geeks that like to tinker and stream though.

Congrats on the job. Whereabouts is it?

They match the price and then 10% difference right? Shouldn't it be $201?

It's already out of stock. I doubt you will be able to PM it but you can try it nonetheless. Who knows you might get lucky with CSR.

I think they take 10% off the price after PM.

Dazzler

They got out of the video game thing a while ago. Now it's all about vinyl. lol

I ran the video game section at HMV Robson for a while and it was a total gong show. We'd only ever get one batch of a lot of big games in, so if you missed them they were gone forever.

If I wanted to replenish stock of any game then it had to be ordered from another HMV in BC. We got priority because we were the flagship. Trying to get stock of niche titles was next to impossible

It's funny, because HMV in UK and Ireland is probably the best place to go there for videogames. Has a huge pre-owned selection and often has the best prices. Not so much over here

Dorygrant

If you tried to get a copy of Starfox for 3DS but the Future Shop website said there were no copies available at your local store, check anyways. Just came back from the downtown Toronto one and I snagged the second-last copy. Enjoy!

Aww man, I ordered it online cause it said it wasn't downtown. :p

Atleast I got the free shipping cause I saw the Childish Gambino album just came out too!

Dazzler

When I moved from my tiny crap town in Newfoundland to Vancouver, that HMV store kind of blew my mind. :p

most fun place I've ever worked at, but it was a joke how little they paid staff/how badly some staff were mistreated

Retail in Vancouver though, I guess

FYI, just received 50 uplay points for installing their app on my Xbox One.

Edit: Just received another 40 points. I received 20 for installing uplay on Android and another 20 for installing on my iPad.

With the 10 I already had I'm back up to 100.

Not sure if I should use it though, I don't want to fuck with my Just Dance order.

Oh wow, I actually won! So wait though - are they digital or physical copies? And no one knows how we actually get them?

Digital, last week i got mine the next day. Some people have problems, though.

FYI, just received 50 uplay points for installing their app on my Xbox One.

Edit: Just received another 40 points. I received 20 for installing uplay on Android and another 20 for installing on my iPad.

With the 10 I already had I'm back up to 100.

Not sure if I should use it though, I don't want to fuck with my Just Dance order.

If you look a the winner list, someone won AC4 and Just Dance during the same week.

Top Bottom