• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Joeku

Target has $20 giftcard if you buy Forza or AC4 on Xbone. You can also apparently apply it directly to the purchase so you can get em for $39 but your luck make vary by store.

For what it's worth you aren't supposed to be able to apply to giftcard to the actual purchase that earns it for you. It's to keep you in the system.

-Deimos

I understand the worry over the purchase (credit) not showing up on eBates, but eBates doesn't refund money until the middle of February. Did that guy purchase an earlier PS4 bundle that would've rebated at an earlier eBates quarterly deadline or something? If not, then the 'it's almost Christmas!' concern doesn't make much sense.

The worry is that we'll never get the rebate at all. It's a $100 rebate, I would expect them to find any reason not to credit it. We want confirmation as soon as possible.

L3E2

Did anybody in Calgary or Alberta get their shop.ca PS4?

Nope, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive even though it got into Calgary Tuesday night. After checking it once yesterday morning, every time I try to track my package it just gives me an error and tells me to try again later. I really regret ordering this since I ended up lining up at midnight for one on launch and am stuck with an extra. I just want it to get here already so I can sell it to one of my friends and just have cash ready for the holidays.

I know it's going to come eventually but it just feels like I've been robbed.

Nope, I'm still waiting on mine to arrive even though it got into Calgary Tuesday night. After checking it once yesterday morning, every time I try to track my package it just gives me an error and tells me to try again later. I really regret ordering this since I ended up lining up at midnight for one on launch and am stuck with an extra. I just want it to get here already so I can sell it to one of my friends and just have cash ready for the holidays.

I know it's going to come eventually but it just feels like I've been robbed.

Same here, was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday and even though it's here in Calgary they didn't deliver till now!!
I hate freakin UPS!!

Same here, was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday and even though it's here in Calgary they didn't deliver till now!!
I hate freakin UPS!!

Here in Montreal its Purolator that's terrible, rarely to they ring and just leave the notice. On top of not having a single pickup depot in the downtown core. Its in a hard to get to location outside the city. Also pretty much impossible to get to without a car.

Proc

I just picked up nhl14 for $15 as a plus member. Not sure if that was posted here already or not. I may pick up spelunky at $3.75 too

Man, why does Canada have to have such dense population centres..

I go to my walmart which has had kept stock since thursday night over til friday morning, I go there 4 mins after opening and they are all sold out. D:

the dude working there said he had 9 in stock before selling out.

LLShC.gif

whatever.

vvise

I want to get a hold of BF4 (PC) for a birthday present for a buddy of mine. I know there were lots of deals going around a few weeks ago but I can't find anything now. Any help?

Man, why does Canada have to have such dense population centres..

I go to my walmart which has had kept stock since thursday night over til friday morning, I go there 4 mins after opening and they are all sold out. D:

the dude working there said he had 9 in stock before selling out.

LLShC.gif

whatever.

Same here with Target, went when they opened and they asked me if I had a ticket which I didn't have so they told me they handed tickets at 6am!!!!!!!
People still line up at 6am for PS4s?

Just called SHop.ca to ask about my refund. Wasn't put on hold, was asked to leave a message. I'm patiently waiting for them to never call me back.

Fucking nightmare of a company. I've even sent a PM to InfinityBCRT to see if he knew how I could get ahold of them quicker, or if he could help me. No response, which just annoys and sketches me out further.

Just called SHop.ca to ask about my refund. Wasn't put on hold, was asked to leave a message. I'm patiently waiting for them to never call me back.

Fucking nightmare of a company. I've even sent a PM to InfinityBCRT to see if he knew how I could get ahold of them quicker, or if he could help me. No response, which just annoys and sketches me out further.

Sorry man, I hope you paid with PayPal so that you can just screw them and get your refund through PayPal!
They have been in business for months now and if they needed more CSR people they might have hired a ton of them! They're just terrible!

Sorry man, I hope you paid with PayPal so that you can just screw them and get your refund through PayPal!
They have been in business for months now and if they needed more CSR people they might have hired a ton of them! They're just terrible!

I did pay with Paypal. How do I do this? I've never had to do something like this before.

Hey sorry, I must've looked at your request during a busy time and forgot to get back to it. It's been crazy the last couple of weeks for me. On that day I was dealing with some of the gaming that was going on with the CEO and Swiss Chalet codes that went out which was super duper high priority for me (as I'm a developer and I developed some of the features related to that stuff).

edit: check your inbox.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Hey sorry, I must've looked at your request during a busy time and forgot to get back to it. It's been crazy the last couple of weeks for me. On that day I was dealing with some of the gaming that was going on with the CEO and Swiss Chalet codes that went out which was super duper high priority for me (as I'm a developer and I developed some of the features related to that stuff).

now hang on a second, SWISS CHALET CODES?

Dunlop

now hang on a second, SWISS CHALET CODES?

The used a generic code, which leaks to sites like RFD

Which then had people opening multiple accounts to take advantage of the $25 off of $75 and then stacked other codes to get stuff for free. One guy had a pic that showed at least 40 deliveries.

They then removed $15 from people's rewards credits but didn't actually explain why so people were freaking out on Facebook

I received both my orders, had some great rebates (PS4 bundle was great) but it is very obvious that they need to hire many more employees.

Smiley90

what the fuck are you gonna do with 40 swiss chalet deliveries? eat&puke&repeat 39 times?

Dunlop

what the fuck are you gonna do with 40 swiss chalet deliveries? eat&puke&repeat 39 times?

Sorry Swiss Chalet code was for $15 off at Shop.ca, but was supposed to be unique codes to customers

The picture I mentioned looked like it was for $1000's of dollars of items that was probably free because he abused this

Smiley90

Sorry Swiss Chalet code was for $15 off at Shop.ca, but was supposed to be unique codes to customers

The picture I mentioned looked like it was for $1000's of dollars of items that was probably free because he abused this

I want some Swiss Chalet codes.

That takes priority over gaming.

I totally thought it was discount codes for Swiss Chalet. Dreams shattered. :(

Dunlop

That chicken freaked me out :(

Oh and it's not our problem that you can't figure out a decent system for discounts!
Doesn't mean I don't hate those abusers though!

lol...and I don't work for shop.ca

I did have some stress as that all happened days before the PS4 orderes were being shipped out.

Shinyo

Neo Member
Anyone had a similar experience with Futureshop lately? I had an order that was shipped Monday and the tracking only shows that CP received electronic information about the parcel or whatever. I think this means they know the package is coming to their facility but that FS has not sent it to them yet? It's been 4 days now. I know it's Christmas and all and that they are swamped with orders but I ordered something from Amazon Tuesday with free shipping and it's scheduled to arrive tomorrow by CP too.

I have the same issue with my Best Buy order from this Monday. Still stuck at Electronic information submitted by shipper.

I have a pre-order for "Metal Gear Solid V" at Future Shop. Now is that Ground Zeroes or Phantom Pain?

I would think that it's for Phantom Pain since they have separate SKUs priced at $29.99 for Ground Zeroes.

Don't ask... heh.

Whats up with you guys and ebates?
How come some orders weren't reported by shop.ca regarding the PS4's for nov 7.
This is what ebates is claming that the ones that did not receive their cashback have to wait until shop.ca reports their orders to ebates.
Are you guys looking into this? It would be appreciated to know the situation.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This is what ebates is claming that the ones that did not receive their cashback have to wait until shop.ca reports their orders to ebates.

I have the same issue, still haven't received my ebate from back in the beginning of November :/

Ebates sends orders to us to review, and we approve or reject them. With PS4s, since it's a pre-order, we wait till it ships before we process those. There is a queue to go through as well, this can take up to 10 days. Since ebates pays out quarterly (next payment is February 15) there is no rush to expedite this queue.

Also some people used Adblock and that can cause issues with ebates not reporting the order.

Ebates sends orders to us to review, and we approve or reject them. With PS4s, since it's a pre-order, we wait till it ships before we process those. There is a queue to go through as well, this can take up to 10 days. Since ebates pays out quarterly (next payment is February 15) there is no rush to expedite this queue.

Also some people used Adblock and that can cause issues with ebates not reporting the order.
Ok thank you, and do you guys reject them if they used ad block?

torontoml

I asked in the TV thread but this one is probably better. I want to get the Sony W900a LED TV, but I want it at less than $2000, it's on sale currently at futureshop for $2200 is it likely to get any lower, say boxing day?

kasane

I asked in the TV thread but this one is probably better. I want to get the Sony W900a LED TV, but I want it at less than $2000, it's on sale currently at futureshop for $2200 is it likely to get any lower, say boxing day?

You never know but a while back what i did was go back to the store during boxing day and they returned me the difference between the old and the new sale price

Just buy it now... You get price protection till early January, because of the holidays.

gillty

Banned
Always avoided SDM deals due to the YMMV factor, but that Luigi 3DSXL deal is very tempting. I know alot of the smaller Shoppers Drug Mart locations don't stock games.

Anyone have an idea for which Metro Vancouver locations stock gaming items?

Thanks!

nordique

Same here with Target, went when they opened and they asked me if I had a ticket which I didn't have so they told me they handed tickets at 6am!!!!!!!
People still line up at 6am for PS4s?

Wow Thats crazy. I thought they'd be somewhat available by now.

Makes me feel lucky I just walked in on launch day and picked one up after about a 15min wait in line (Northland Best Buy) since I thought after the launch period, shouldn't be too difficult finding one in Calgary. Looks like I was wrong!

Always avoided SDM deals due to the YMMV factor, but that Luigi 3DSXL deal is very tempting. I know alot of the smaller Shoppers Drug Mart locations don't stock games.

Anyone have an idea for which Metro Vancouver locations stock gaming items?

Thanks!
Downtown Robson has always been my go-to for SDM games. Park Royal has some too.

Top Bottom