• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

L3E2

Same here, was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday and even though it's here in Calgary they didn't deliver till now!!
I hate freakin UPS!!

I got an email notification this morning telling me that it was delivered and was signed for. 20 minutes later though I got another email telling me that no one was home and will try again next business day. I am very confused. No one is answering their phones so I will have to wait till I get home later to see what that is about.

So far have ass cred 4, NFS and killzone for my ps4. Anything else worth picking up right now? I'm not really into basketball or soccer so fifa and nba are out.

chrono01

Same here, was supposed to be delivered on Wednesday and even though it's here in Calgary they didn't deliver till now!!
I hate freakin UPS!!
They're awful.

I had a package from Amazon delayed for around a week due to a couple "missed" deliveries [saying that no one was home] and because of weather conditions [things weren't even bad]. I didn't even need to sign for it, so even if no one was home [which there was] it wouldn't matter. They could just put it in the mailbox/inside my screen door like they always do.

I hate UPS.

zroid

Banned
Toys R Us is selling all Pokémon plushies and figures at 25% off this week. Picked up a cute Fennekin for $10.50 (regular $14).

BbZj-OHCAAAZlKH.jpg

Wow Thats crazy. I thought they'd be somewhat available by now.

Makes me feel lucky I just walked in on launch day and picked one up after about a 15min wait in line (Northland Best Buy) since I thought after the launch period, shouldn't be too difficult finding one in Calgary. Looks like I was wrong!

I know!! Since I heard some PS4 stock was coming today I went to BB and waited till they opened then they told me they got their stock yesterday at 11:30, started selling at 12:00, sold out at 2:30 and they had 42 pieces :(
After they told me that I just gave up on getting any of my relatives a PS4 before Christmas!

I got an email notification this morning telling me that it was delivered and was signed for. 20 minutes later though I got another email telling me that no one was home and will try again next business day. I am very confused. No one is answering their phones so I will have to wait till I get home later to see what that is about.

Mine doesn't say out for delivery till now so I guess I'll have to wait for next week!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh yeah, the uPlay promo is running until January 15, 2014 now, so if you are short points, you can still try to earn them over the holidays!

They just sent me that same key they sent me last week for my season pass, nothing from this week giveaway yet! I am happy for you, finally they worked out their things!
Yes! lol
Now I can return this copy of AC4 to Futureshop. lol
I'm kind of shocked that the game is only 4 gigs though... the box says 20 gig install...

Oh yeah, the uPlay promo is running until January 15, 2014 now, so if you are short points, you can still try to earn them over the holidays!

Yes! lol
I'm kind of shocked that the game is only 4 gigs though... the box says 20 gig install...

What did it say when you redeemed? Gold edition?

Yes! lol

I too finally got my codes. I was going to give my AC4 code to a friend in the UK but the code doesn't work over there, bummer. Might have to find another home for that PS4 code here...

Sora_N

Always avoided SDM deals due to the YMMV factor, but that Luigi 3DSXL deal is very tempting. I know alot of the smaller Shoppers Drug Mart locations don't stock games.

Anyone have an idea for which Metro Vancouver locations stock gaming items?

Thanks!

The one I work at carries stuff randomly.

flkraven

Always avoided SDM deals due to the YMMV factor, but that Luigi 3DSXL deal is very tempting. I know alot of the smaller Shoppers Drug Mart locations don't stock games.

Anyone have an idea for which Metro Vancouver locations stock gaming items?

Thanks!

What is the 3DSXL deal? Trying to find the price, but can't find it anywhere.

EDIT: NVM! Found it :)

ohlawd

I thought gift cards weren't allowed to expire anymore.

Says it's from valid from Dec 6-19, 2013 and I got it cuz I spent over 50. Cashier person dropped it in my bag and I forgot about it. This was about a month ago.

This shit is just bad.

These are probably promotional "savings cards," I.e.: high value coupons that came with a purchase and are "gift card-like"

yup that's what it says on my card.

zroid

Banned
yeah I think you have to spend a minimum amount to redeem those cards. they aren't just straight-up store credit, like gift-cards.

ohlawd

yeah I think you have to spend a minimum amount to redeem those cards. they aren't just straight-up store credit, like gift-cards.

ahhhhh fuck

for some reason the "when you spend $50 or more!" text won't stay in my head so I keep thinking it's like a git card.

I'm in a pickle. The flyers are shit games-wise.

Takuan

Keeping an eye out for headset sales. The pulse elite is on sale for 120 everywhere, but I'm holding out for 100. I know they're not fully compatible with the ps4 at the moment, but from what I understand they work partially and a system update is on the way. They're my front runner for a pseudo 7.1 headset unless there's a good alternative at the same price point.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
What did it say when you redeemed? Gold edition?
Just to update, the 4 gigs is for the single player... so I assume that multiplayer is the 16 gigs.
That's cool of them to let you download some part of the game to play first at least, although you have no control over how or when the rest of the game downloads.

Oops sorry, meant Davie.

And yes, sales start at 12:01am at SDM (though they say sometimes the system takes more than a few minutes to recognize the new day sale).

The one on Davie is also open 24 hours. That's where I got both my PS3 and 3DSXL.

Top Bottom