• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

soultron

Banned
Not so bad trade-in deal for 3DS games is going on at Ebgames right now.

From now until Dec 24, Trade 1 game - worth $15 or more - and get $40 towards towards any of the following Nintendo 3DS games: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X or Y, Mario Party Island Tour, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Is it be brand new copies of the games listed?

I don't want to trade something to get a used copy of Zelda, for example.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it worth trading in my Pokemon for Mario Party? I already have a digital copy of Pokemon.
Island Tour is looking really, really bad. Especially in terms of content. Pokemon will probably retain value longer too, I wouldn't do it.

kasane

From now until Dec 24, Trade 1 game - worth $15 or more - and get $40 towards towards any of the following Nintendo 3DS games: The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Pokemon X or Y, Mario Party Island Tour, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon, Mario & Luigi Dream Team, The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Oh wow im definitely going to trade something in

Do they do that? I haven't experienced trading in a game for a used one

Sajjaja

It's $40 towards it, so I don't think it would matter. I mean, their markdown is usually $5 cheaper than new for used games so giving you $40 for one used game and have change left over wouldnt make much sense imo.

I'm sure it's a new one, otherwise they would have stated clearly it's a used copy!

Amazon.ca has this Vita bundle, I'm not sure if it was posted before!
Vita+ 8gb Memory card+ Carrying case + Hot Shots Golf + COD Classified for $200
not the best but I think it's not that bad, only drawback is COD comes loose in a plastic bag, no case no manual!
Just like that :

u59sbkA.jpg

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member

Nice, was planning on buying my brothers Pokemon for Christmas.

Vamphuntr

I'm sure it's a new one, otherwise they would have stated clearly it's a used copy!

Amazon.ca has this Vita bundle, I'm not sure if it was posted before!
Vita+ 8gb Memory card+ Carrying case + Hot Shots Golf + COD Classified for $200
not the best but I think it's not that bad, only drawback is COD comes loose in a plastic bag, no case no manual!
Just like that :

u59sbkA.jpg

That bundle was like 170$ during their BF/Cybermonday deals.

I'm on the ACIV PS4 list! Actually I'm even on the Xbone ACIV Season Pass list too which I didn't even apply for lol. That must be a glitch!

I think that list is just a dupe of the ACIV PS4 list. The have Xbox One ACIV Passes listed twice. I think the Xbox One ACIV winners are not listed and I should be on it.

daftstar

Sweet. I really want both Zelda games. Hoping to trade SMTIV and Super Mario 3D Land but I have a feeling they won't be worth $15 :(

zroid

Banned
Sweet. I really want both Zelda games. Hoping to trade SMTIV and Super Mario 3D Land but I have a feeling they won't be worth $15 :(

generally speaking handheld games are capped at $14, but I think there are exceptions now and then. maybe SMT4, since it retailed for $50 instead of $40.

IndustryX

The two games I want aren't on this list..(Mario Kart 7,and Fire Emblem) :( bought the zeldas, luigi, and pokemon already.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I really doubt it! espeically with EB, EB's trade-in values are the worst!
Your best bet is getting something off Kijiji of someone who just wanna get rid of some games for any reason!

I'd settle for a $20-30 game so I can also get Mario 3D World.

I think I only have 3 games I want to trade at this point that are worth $15. I'm not going to count on the EB employee helping me out when I get there.

The Wii U version of Arkham Origins shows no price on tivs.ca, hopefully it's good enough.

How is AC 4 on ps4 I am thinking of getting it as a Christmas present for myself. I played COD ghosts it looks pretty identical to current gen versions, how does assassins creed compare.

How is AC 4 on ps4 I am thinking of getting it as a Christmas present for myself. I played COD ghosts it looks pretty identical to current gen versions, how does assassins creed compare.

It looks good but having seen my brother play the 360 version (I played PS4) I don't think it's so notable an upgrade to justify buying it again if you already own it on 360 or PS3.

Samyy

Time to finally get rid of Animal Crossing
Should I get Luigis Mansion or Zelda: ALBW :/

Roto13

Time to finally get rid of Animal Crossing
Should I get Luigis Mansion or Zelda: ALBW :/

Link Between Worlds.

Also I strongly urge everyone who wants to play Animal Crossing to buy the digital version. It's a game that's best played for a little while every day and not having to swap a game card for it is important. :p There's a reason it's my most played 3DS game by an incredibly wide margin. (like hundreds of hours wide.)

Samyy

Link Between Worlds.

Also I strongly urge everyone who wants to play Animal Crossing to buy the digital version. It's a game that's best played for a little while every day and not having to swap a game card for it is important. :p There's a reason it's my most played 3DS game by an incredibly wide margin. (like hundreds of hours wide.)

I thought I would do this too...but I just kinda fell off the wagon and I don't think I'll have time to get back to it, it was my first Animal Crossing - just don't think the series is for me. Was enjoyable for the time I spent with it though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Link Between Worlds.

Animal Crossing isn't everyone's cup of tea. Buying digital prevents people from selling or giving it away. I sank about 10 hours into it, thought it was decent, but I'm not a fan of chasing carrots on strings. It wasn't much different from a facebook game in that regard(although you don't have to pay money to unlock or speed up content unlock, kudos to Nintendo for that)

Vibranium

Banned

Thanks for the heads up man, I'll get Pokemon now. I guess it's time I jumped back in. Finally a good 3DS deal from EB.

QaaQer

Link Between Worlds.

haha, yeah me too. I'd also add that if you have a female in you life, you should buy them a 3dsxl + AC, even if they don't game or have just played a few facebook games. If they stick with it for a bit, there is a good chance they'll get hooked. Me and my SO have been playing since the summer, and I still remember the look on her face when I gave her the 3ds + ac, it was pretty much WTF is this? Now she loves it.

Sad fact is though that it looks to be a unique game that way. I wish there were more female games that weren't facebook/Microtransaction stuff.

Animal Crossing isn't everyone's cup of tea. Buying digital prevents people from selling or giving it away. I sank about 10 hours into it, thought it was decent, but I'm not a fan of chasing carrots on strings. It wasn't much different from a facebook game in that regard(although you don't have to pay money to unlock or speed up content unlock, kudos to Nintendo for that)

DLC and MTs would totally ruin AC for me, totally.

Has anyone had any experience with Sony warranties before in Canada? Thinking of getting the $59.99 one from PSN, and wanted to hear if it was as good ad they make it sound.

Takuan

Sold out already!
What ticks me off is the fact that most of that stock is bought by flippers and RFDers for profit! Just like that guy who had like 20 PS4s ordered online from BB and he was happy he posted a screenshot of his order history page!
This is kind of gross, but I also feel like if someone wanted a PS4 at MSRP, there were plenty of opportunities to get one.

btkadams

This is kind of gross, but I also feel like if someone wanted a PS4 at MSRP, there were plenty of opportunities to get one.

yup.

i kind of wish i flipped mine since i bought 3 (i really wanted to make sure i got one at launch lol), but i just gave the other two preorders to friends at cost. actually, one of them hasn't even paid me back yet...sigh.

ohlawd

yup.

i kind of wish i flipped mine since i bought 3 (i really wanted to make sure i got one at launch lol), but i just gave the other two preorders to friends at cost. actually, one of them hasn't even paid me back yet...sigh.

Go to their house and steal it back.

Bonus: Give it to me afterwards, no charge.

i think i will. it's kind of irritating when it's christmas time and i've even bought him a gift.

You tell him there won't be a Christmas gift if he doesn't pay you this week :p
No seriously, I'm not so sure about your finances but if you're not tight on money you might give him a break until the season is over and that would be like the best gift ever imo! Up to you though :)

Top Bottom