• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

amrod

Amazon.ca has KNACK on sale

List Price: CDN$ 59.99
Price: CDN$ 39.99 & this item ships for FREE with Super Saver Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 20.00 (33%)

amrod

[SOLD OUT NOW]
Future Shop Gamer ‏@FS_Gamer 10m
Limited quantities of #PS4 have arrived and will be available momentarily. http://ow.ly/rTVkV Available online only.

Limited quantities of #XboxOne Standard Edition have arrived and will be available momentarily. http://ow.ly/rTVrr Avail online only.

Limited quantities of #PS4 have arrived and will be available momentarily. http://ow.ly/rTVkV Available online only.

Limited quantities of #XboxOne Standard Edition have arrived and will be available momentarily. http://ow.ly/rTVrr Avail online only.

This is fucked up!
Added one to cart while 19 were available rushed to checkout and it went out of stock before I pay :(

Yeah I can see :)
Looks like it's PS4's holiday season!

Not to get your hopes up, but same thing happened with me. By the time I checked out it said something like "Sorry your order could not be completed, one of the items in your cart is out of stock" only thing I had was a PS4. About 30 minutes later I got an email from FS confirming my order, I called these customer service line and I was the last one to get one that day.

kitzkozan

Gold Uplay version includes the game, season pass and all the extra dlc. Is the one you redeemed the same one as the one that's up right now?

edit: After visiting the Uplay website again, my points from redeeming have returned. The redemption is still in my transactions history, though. Should I try redeeming a second one?
It's back to 0.

I just "bought" the PS4 version and the same thing is happening to me. I'm just going to wait since it seems the website or process is quite buggy. As if it wasn't obvious enough given that last week winners are the same for the PS4 and Xbox one version somehow. :p

kitzkozan

Heads up: Uplay thing is up again, anyone with enough points need to hurry up :)

My order went through as the points are now properly deducted from my account. :) It's just that easy to get a game worth $80 since I think it's the gold edition. :p My physical copy is going back to the store for a $40 credit.

djblue89

My order went through as the points are now properly deducted from my account. :) It's just that easy to get a game worth $80 since I think it's the gold edition. :p My physical copy is going back to the store for a $40 credit.

Doing the exact same thing to get Fifa 14 !

Tabris

I just wanted to jump in here and say I do not understand the thread title at all? Good Old Days? You mean when games like Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star IV cost close to a $100 each? When we got games a couple days or weeks after America?

Cynar

I just wanted to jump in here and say I do not understand the thread title at all? Good Old Days? You mean when games like Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star IV cost close to a $100 each? When we got games a couple days or weeks after America?

No. More like a few years ago when we had amazing deals on games and trade in's compared to now.

I'd take it as referring to when we can buy a couple used games off EB for a total of like $20-30 and trade them for the newest releases!

Hmm, PS4's are going for $550-$650 on Craigslist and Kijiji. Starting to seriously think about selling mine since there's no game I'm dying to play until Infamous: Second Son (even though I already own BF4, AC:BF, and 2 copies of Killzone, heh).

Is there any ETA on how long it's going to take to get a PS4 in the new year? If I preordered one today at FS/BB, I'd probably get one by March, right?

I've also got a big backlog of PS3 games to get through too.

Hmm, PS4's are going for $550-$650 on Craigslist and Kijiji. Starting to seriously think about selling mine since there's no game I'm dying to play until Infamous: Second Son (even though I already own BF4, AC:BF, and 2 copies of Killzone, heh).

Is there any ETA on how long it's going to take to get a PS4 in the new year? If I preordered one today at FS/BB, I'd probably get one by March, right?

Honestly I wouldn't encourage you to do that!
If you don't want it you can sell it to a friend or a relative who needs it at cost, at least that's what I'd think the right thing to do, I wouldn't join the filthy gang of flippers!
Up to you though!

PS4s are definitely not selling for that much in the Lower Mainland. Perhaps some people are asking that much, but it doesn't mean they're selling at that price. I created a PS4 posting to test the waters at $530; no bites over the course of the last week. And I've been sure to renew it to keep it near the top. I switched it to $500 yesterday and had three offers over the course of the day. So people who are actually flipping them likely aren't getting much more than $500.

Also, Amazon.ca has a New Year Edition; the first ones from that batch supposedly ship on Jan. 15.

Jinto

the sm3dw deal at walmart, will they price match their website? in store says 59$ online says 49$

Unless it specifically says "online only" on their website, which it doesn't in this case, then you should be able to. I picked up the Ratchet & Clank collection from them last month for $15 even though it was scanned for $30 in store.

Regarding SM3DW I've seen it for $49 at Costco the other day, not sure how long it will stay like that! I didn't see a $49 price tag is worth mentioning , sorry abou that!

Lexxism

I read on RFD(no flyer yet) that 1yr PS+ will be 29.99 this coming Boxing day.

Where's my $100 Vita?

edit: Found it

2013-12-18-17.56.16.jpg

edit2: 14.99 or 34.99 on select games.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
This isn't gaming related but what does everyone think of the iPod Nano 7th generation? I'm thinking of picking one up. I haven't found them on sale anywhere but I have a $35 gift card I can use towards one.

DaBoss

I didn't go for the Amazon one last time, not sure why, but I guess I can go for this.
Those are some good deals for 3DS games since you can just beat them over the holidays or something and then trade them in for $13-14 at EB or FS/BB.

Where's my $100 Vita?

edit: Found it

I'm confused by the "14.99 or 34.99" sale with the console and 3DS games. I'm going to guess that those Nintendo 3DS games are not going down to $15, those games never go on sale., likely $34.99.

krae_man

Boxing day is great for <$10 blurays. I love buying cheap blurays.

I hope Remember me and Fuse finally go sub $20. Seriously, how are those two bombas holding price?

Cactus

Banned
Have any of you purchased from the Cineplex store recently?

I took advantage of their promotion and they added a free admit one ticket to my order. When I received the DVD in the mail, the pass wasn't in the envelope. I tried calling the support line. After holding for 20 minutes, I was told to leave a voicemail, but the message box was full, and I was transferred to a rep, who immediately put me on hold again since she was not from the necessary department (back to square 1).

Is the pass supposed to come packed with the movie, or is it mailed separately?

shinjijai

Have any of you purchased from the Cineplex store recently?

I took advantage of their promotion and they added a free admit one ticket to my order. When I received the DVD in the mail, the pass wasn't in the envelope. I tried calling the support line. After holding for 20 minutes, I was told to leave a voicemail, but the message box was full, and I was transferred to a rep, who immediately put me on hold again since she was not from the necessary department (back to square 1).

I guess my question is, is the pass supposed to come packed with the movie, or is it mailed separately?

i got my pass in a seperate envelope.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The uPlay thing is back again, although I think everyone has the games they want now. lol
They also updated the rules with a new person to email to get points, so maybe that's still going too.

BadWolf

OT but anyone have recommendations for good movers that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Planning on moving from a 1 bedroom apartment in Mississauga to a 1 bedroom apartment in Toronto in the coming months.

suikodan

About that uPlay thing, I did spend 100pts on a AC4 Season Pass but didn't get any notification/email/code.

Is it normal?

My name appears on the winners' list but I received nothing :p

Top Bottom