• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

IndustryX

Boxing day promises to be a good one. Hoping for sales on Mario Kart 7 and Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as maybe grabbing myself a nice set of headphones.

I see MK7, Luigis Mansion 2, NSMB2, and DreamTeam are $15 all on boxing day so that is a great start.

Hit me with the headphone and Fire Emblem Deals :)

Also probably gonna drop 90 bucks and get my PS Plus for the forseeable future.

Boxing day promises to be a good one. Hoping for sales on Mario Kart 7 and Fire Emblem Awakening, as well as maybe grabbing myself a nice set of headphones.

I see MK7, Luigis Mansion 2, NSMB2, and DreamTeam are $15 all on boxing day so that is a great start.

Where is that? Wal-mart?

LakeEarth

My local Target's videogame section is always horribly understocked. I doubt I'll be able to get any of those 3DS games unless I show up at the Boxing Day opening rush.

-Deimos

The uPlay thing is back again, although I think everyone has the games they want now. lol
They also updated the rules with a new person to email to get points, so maybe that's still going too.

So we get free points by sending an email to that address? And do we have to have a U.S address to qualify, or does it not matter?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Rayman Legends and the 3DS games for $15 is amazing.

Definitely in for Rayman and Dream Team.

So we have the Wal Mart and Target flyers out in the open. Anything from Future Shop yet?

That's pretty much all the stores I care about. I'm sure EB will be shit, their 12 days of Christmas sale is a joke (although I got Splinter Cell for Wii U PM at Future Shop for only $13).

So they actually removed my name from the list of uPlay AC4 PS4 Season Pass winners. Anyone else in the same situation? They're sure making this frustrating!

flkraven

So the AC4-BF for Xbox One thing showed that I could 'unlock' it, so I spent the 100 Uplay points. Is that a guaranteed victory then? I just wait a week or 2 for the email?

Is this the first time Ubisoft is doing a promotion like this with really good prizes? I'm hoping they do something similar next year with the next AC game.

Kalren

Not sure I understand it but it looks like I sure missed out on this Uplay thing.

Maybe next time I should pay more attention to this thread.

isny

napkin dispenser
For those of you wanting Mario Kart, it's on for $29 at Walmart on BD. I remember some of you complaining it never goes on sale...

L Thammy

TorontoGAF: Gameshack has a buy 2, get 1 deal on used, yellow stickered PS3 and 360 games. There's also a buy 1, get $5 off deal on Wii games. Appears to be in-store only.

Not sure if Wii U games are part of the deal, but they're probably cheaper elsewhere. Zombi U and Assassin's Creed III are $15 at Futureshop and Best Buy, for instance.

OT but anyone have recommendations for good movers that don't cost an arm and a leg?

Planning on moving from a 1 bedroom apartment in Mississauga to a 1 bedroom apartment in Toronto in the coming months.

A few coworkers of mine have used El Cheapo in the past, as have I. They were pretty good with my stuff and had reasonable rates. The only thing: book then for as early a time slot as you can get, because they get backed up easily. I had them come for late morning and they were late.

BadWolf

A few coworkers of mine have used El Cheapo in the past, as have I. They were pretty good with my stuff and had reasonable rates. The only thing: book then for as early a time slot as you can get, because they get backed up easily. I had them come for late morning and they were late.

Thanks, I will look into them :)

Top Bottom