• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Can someone explain this whole uplay and winning games thing? I really really want AC4 for the PS4, but I am running low on resources to buy with.

-Deimos

I'd love to get one :) Thanks for offering!
Where do you live?

The 12th is when I got mine! It didn't say Gold edition in the email!

The codes being sent after the 12th must be regular editions. Can anyone who got their codes after the 12th confirm it was the Gold edition?

Can someone explain this whole uplay and winning games thing? I really really want AC4 for the PS4, but I am running low on resources to buy with.
http://uplay.ubi.com/en-US/events/next-gen/gifts

Well you need to have a UPlay account and 100 points in that account then you redeem those points for one of the games! You have to wait until they offer another batch of games!

Socreges

Banned
Do stores ever price match on Boxing Day? I'd guess not.

Interested in MK7 for $15, but not too keen on braving lineups just for $15 savings. Maybe I'll grab it for $30 at Walmart.

zroid

Banned
Wonder if there'll be a deal on Disney Infinity figures for boxing day. I really want that Frozen set. I saw TRU had 25% off DI stuff, but it excluded the figures sadly. :(

Sora_N

Wonder if there'll be a deal on Disney Infinity figures for boxing day. I really want that Frozen set. I saw TRU had 25% off DI stuff, but it excluded the figures sadly. :(

Figures are so damn expensive, the Frozen set looks really nice even though I have no interest in the game at all.

MarkusRJR

Some Best Buy's seem to have gotten Xbox One's in stock at their retail stores today/last night.

Also, Walmart got stock yesterday as well. I went to buy one last night but forgot my wallet. I had the privilege of seeing someone else buying it as I left the electronic section. So butthurt still. Hopefully they become easier to find in January.

zroid

Banned
Target Canada has single DI figures for $7 each for boxing week.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/flyers/...eek-dec-26-to-jan-02-2014-23096/?page=1#flyer

Just the singles huh... oh well Target's no good for me anyway because I won't be in town on the 26th. I'd probably have grabbed Jack Skellington otherwise.

Figures are so damn expensive, the Frozen set looks really nice even though I have no interest in the game at all.

yeah same here. at this time I just want the figures, lol.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hmmm. I can get the Vita for $153 if I price match it at TRU but too bad it's just the console :/

Doesn't matter if they throw in a 4, 8, or even 16GB card. Anything less than 32GB is a waste. Heck even 32GB is pushing it, especially when you have PS+.

btkadams

Can u get netflix us on vita and ps3 for free? Or do i have to get un block us

go into your internet settings on whichever device, select your wired or wireless settings and choose custom rather than automatic settings. you need to leave everything as is, but change the DNS numbers. search youtube for "american netflix canada" and find a video uploaded in the past week. you'll probably see one that shows someone entering DNS numbers on a ps3 or apple tv, but it can literally be ANY device. all you need are the numbers. a lot of videos will have a list of numbers in their description that are supposed to work.

you can do this on any device. i've done it on my apple tv, iPhone, ps3, ps4, etc.

Lexxism

If it helps, I have a 4GB card I'm never gonna use. I can stick it in an envelop and mail it to you gratis.

Thanks for the offer. I'll let you know if I did buy one.

Doesn't matter if they throw in a 4, 8, or even 16GB card. Anything less than 32GB is a waste. Heck even 32GB is pushing it, especially when you have PS+.

Yeah, I know. I just want to use the 4GB for the save file. I'm still thinking anyway since I don't want an impulse buy and regret it later.

If I can get to Target on Boxing Day I'm thinking of grabbing Dream Team and Luigi's Mansion. It's gonna be a long time before they're cheaper than $15.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Yeah, I know. I just want to use the 4GB for the save file. I'm still thinking anyway since I don't want an impulse buy and regret it later.

If you have PS+, there is already a healthy backlog waiting for you. Just get Persona 4 Golden and you'll be set for months.

Bronetta

You realize you don't need to have every single game installed 100% of the time, right?

That's not possible even with a 32GB card so yes, I do realize that. I just find it silly that its almost 2014 and we still need to manage space and clear content on tiny overpriced memory cards without being able to download/install what we want without hassle.
Fuck Sony for that

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You realize you don't need to have every single game installed 100% of the time, right?
4 and 8 GB are completely worthless though. When Uncharted is just under 3GB what else are you really going to be able to have on there at the same time?

It's a pain trying to manage game saves, though. You basically need to backup the entire card or upload all your saves to the cloud if you want to keep the saves but delete the game data.

I'd say it's totally worth it. I bought one at launch, and for the first six months or so, I was definitely worried I'd made a mistake, but since LBP Vita came out there's been a steady stream of good games. My backlog is enormous, and it just keeps getting bigger and bigger.

But yeah, if you're going to get one, you need at least an 8GB card.

btkadams

as someone who has been constantly deleting stuff off of my 2 32GB cards in the past year, yes, i agree that you don't need every single game installed 100% of the time.

32GB cards aren't enough, so i certainly don't think anything less than it are enough.
grin.gif

QaaQer

Naw. Some people, like me, only play one vita game at a time and you can store the games on ps3 and transfer them to vita if your intenet collection is really really slow. I find my 16GB card too big and wish I would have stuck with the 4 that came with the handheld. ymmv of course.

Bronetta

Naw. Some people, like me, only play one vita game at a time and you can store the games on ps3 and transfer them to vita if your intenet collection is really really slow. I find my 16GB card too big and wish I would have stuck with the 4 that came with the handheld. ymmv of course.

Do you have PS+?

Roto13

I have an 8GB card and I keep one big game on there at a time (like Persona 4 or Gravity Rush) and a bunch of smaller ones (Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Spelunky, etc.) and it works fine. The minimal added convenience of a 32GB card is not worth the ridiculous price difference.

curb

Banned
I have an 8GB card and I keep one big game on there at a time (like Persona 4 or Gravity Rush) and a bunch of smaller ones (Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Spelunky, etc.) and it works fine. The minimal added convenience of a 32GB card is not worth the ridiculous price difference.

I travel for work a bit and I made the jump from 8 to 16 after the prices "dropped" and I'm glad I did. I still end up shuffling a bit but it's nice to have a variety of stuff when I'm away from home.

Jay Fray

On the off chance someone was going to try and get the DS3 for $39 at Wal-Mart on boxing day, Costco actually has them for $39 regularly now.

Top Bottom