• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Dazzler

Just back in Ireland for Christmas from Vancouver and PS4/XBone games are retailing here for 70 Euro each, that's 102 Canadian Dollars

holy shit

so yea, we do quite well out of that

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Just back in Ireland for Christmas from Vancouver and PS4/XBone games are retailing here for 70 Euro each, that's 102 Canadian Dollars

holy shit

so yea, we do quite well out of that

If I'm not mistaken, the minimum wage in Ireland is higher than Canada.

krae_man

Do phones (without contracts) usually go on sale during boxing day?

Depends on what you mean.

A prepaid phone like the Lumia 520 or Galaxy Discover? Sure.

Nexus 5 or Galaxy S 4 off contract? Hell no. You'll just get a cheaper contract price with possibly a gift card thrown in.

I remember buying my own for that price....

(Though FFIII was the best Christmas gift ever, they even put it in a HUGE many layered box that I had to work my way through)

Haha FFIII is my best Christmas gift ever too! I remember reading the booklet during class for all of January! Awwww good memories!

MDSLKTR

Depends on what you mean.

A prepaid phone like the Lumia 520 or Galaxy Discover? Sure.

Nexus 5 or Galaxy S 4 off contract? Hell no. You'll just get a cheaper contract price with possibly a gift card thrown in.

Ugh I hate being hostage of my contract :(

zroid

Banned
Lol, the Source's Boxing Day flyer is up and they advertise 3DS and 3DS XL for $149.99. But you wouldn't know it from merely looking at the flyer. Seems more like it's just 3DS. Incompetence!

I want a new pc for boxing day. Not sure if individual parts would go on sale or oems would get cheaper

Yup, you'll definitely find individual parts for sale. Keep an eye out for the Canada Computers flyer and watch the NCIX and Memory Express sites on Christmas Eve; those are your best bets for getting PC parts for cheap during Boxing Day. Do some research beforehand, though--you really need to know what you want in a PC build because when the sales go live and present you with a giant mess of assorted motherboards/CPUs/graphics cards, you need to get what you need and get out before all the good stuff sells out. Good luck!

On the off chance someone was going to try and get the DS3 for $39 at Wal-Mart on boxing day, Costco actually has them for $39 regularly now.

DS3s seem to be $40 pretty much everywhere right now--BB/FS have it for that price as well, as does the Source and EBGames. Walmart's selling them for $39.83 right now as well, I think.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The uPlay promo is out of AC4 stuff (I think more and more people know about it now), but Just Dance is, as always, still available. lol

That said, emailing the dude worked and I got more points. So if you were short and you want points for the next couple of chances, you should try emailing the guy.

Roto13

The uPlay promo is out of AC4 stuff (I think more and more people know about it now), but Just Dance is, as always, still available. lol

That said, emailing the dude worked and I got more points. So if you were short and you want points for the next couple of chances, you should try emailing the guy.

Where are the details on the whole "emailing the guy" thing?

-Deimos

Got my points too. It says two per account, so i'm going to try again for more points.
Where are the details on the whole "emailing the guy" thing?

Bottom of the gifts page. Click on contest rules.

RS4-

Lol, if someone wants a DS3 in Toronto, just let me know. Mine is pretty much LNIB, been sitting in the console box for a bit since I bought another ps3.

Slightly off-topic, but does anyone know the current pricing of blank CD-R's? I know DVD-R's and HDD's have pretty much rendered them obsolete, but they're still useful for burning music CD's and whatnot. I see NCIX has 50 Verbatim's for $14.

zroid

Banned
Im really tempted to buy a 3DSXL but with the Supreme Court's new decision I'd rather save my money now.

image.php

Im really tempted to buy a 3DSXL but with the Supreme Court's new decision I'd rather save my money now.

I get the joke, but it is still illegal to use a prostitute. It is legal for her now to come to you in the street, offer you a blowjob for 10$ and give it to you. It's illegal for you to receive it, though.

I'm lost hahah

so it's ok if she's offering but it's illegal the second I accept?

Yup and a lot want Canada to follow places like France where it's totally legal to be a prostitute but guys get crazy high fines and shit if they are caught using them (or that is what they are about to do soon, not following the topic too much!). I understand why you are lost!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yup and a lot want Canada to follow places like France where it's totally legal to be a prostitute but guys get crazy high fines and shit if they are caught using them. I understand why you are lost!

I want Canada to make prostitution legal because it'll make people much, much safer. Legalize and support instead of criminalize and marginalize.

But anyway, that's topic for another thread!

I want Canada to make prostitution legal because it'll make people much, much safer. Legalize and support instead of criminalize and marginalize.

Yea and we could use their freakin taxes... all that money not being taxed at all, it's huge money! But yea, for another topic. However, soon it might be on topic!

Hey guys, Natasha is offering a 2 hours for the price of one, I got a coupon by e-mail, you guys can print it, it works! Her fidelity system is great too, 20X the points on blowjob Saturday!

lupinko

So what you're saying is that you want Canada to be more like your Switzerland or wherever part of Europe right?

Top Bottom