• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I grabbed it last night, many posts like this made me decide to grab it, even if I won't get to it for a little while.

It'll be free on PS+ by the time you get to it.

Sony, how about a flash sale on Atelier Totori Plus?

+1

I'll also buy Meruru first if they do that.

Atelier Totori Plus was on sale exactly once, during the Made in Japan promo SCEA ran a while back. That's one more time than I ever expected for Totori, but it does imply that Totori/Meruru could go on sale at some point in the future. If we're really lucky (i.e. we won't be) Tecmo Koei might put them on sale when Escha & Logy comes out.

ohlawd

Atelier Totori Plus was on sale exactly once, during the Made in Japan promo SCEA ran a while back. That's one more time than I ever expected for Totori, but it does imply that Totori/Meruru could go on sale at some point in the future. If we're really lucky (i.e. we won't be) Tecmo Koei might put them on sale when Escha & Logy comes out.
I'll wait until the holiday sales are done. If it still hasn't gone up for sale, I'll go for it. I already have Meruru+.

I can barely read that. Is there anything good?

Still looking for Mario Kart 7 for cheap...

Taken from rfd:

For Video Games

Consoles

Skylanders Wii U bundle - 219.99
PS3 12GB - 169.99
Xbox 360 Holiday Bundle (Halo and Tomb Raider) - 199.99 w/ 20$ giftcard

Controllers
Dualshock 3 - 39.99
Xbox 360 Controller - 39.99

19.99 Games
Starcraft 2
Wii U Black Ops II
Sonic Transform Racing Wii U
Pacman 3DS
Bioshock Infinite
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 Remix
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja Full Burst

29.99 Games
Wii Party w/ black wii mote
Lego Marvel Super Heroes
Splinter Cell Blacklist
Saints Row IV
Wii U Mario & Sonic At Sochi 2014
Batman: Origins
Skyrim: Legendary Ed.
Wii U The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker HD

39.99 Games
The Last of Us
Battlefield 4
Need for Speed: Rivals
Assassins Creed: BlackFlag
Wii U Super Mario 3D World
NHL 14
Black Ops 2

49.99 Games
Fifa 14 (Both Xbox and XBOne)
Madden 25
XBOne Fighter Within
Call of Duty: Ghost (Both Xbox and XBOne)

The rest is not that important

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What is stock usually like at Target? I've seen sales like this before for 3DS and a lot of places seem to not have many copies.
How are games displayed at Target? Like Walmart behind glass or like FS/BB on shelves? If it's like FS/BB then go in a couple of days before and hide what you want to buy.

Joeku

What is stock usually like at Target? I've seen sales like this before for 3DS and a lot of places seem to not have many copies.

I find stock at Target to be kind of all-or-nothing. Next to nothing of some games and way, <i>waaaay</i> too many of others (see: like fucking 50 copies of NBA Live 14 on PS4).

So is Toys R Us really the only place doing a WiiU deal, and is that only the Skylanders bundle? Blegh.

Ondore

How are games displayed at Target? Like Walmart behind glass or like FS/BB on shelves? If it's like FS/BB then go in a couple of days before and hide what you want to buy.

At least at the Targets I've been to, they're locked up. One copy in front if it's in stock, and the rest behind it stacked up.

Luigi87

At least at the Targets I've been to, they're locked up. One copy in front if it's in stock, and the rest behind it stacked up.

This. Target uses its own shelving units that are displayed like shelves, but are also lock-boxes in that you need an employee to retrieve the game. (I think this originally started in the US Targets in 2010)

Anteros

Neo Member
Thanks to the people who posted the 3ds xl deal at Target. I had some credit at fs after trading in some PS4 games and was planning on using it to get a 3ds if they were on sale for Boxing day. I managed to pm a black 3ds xl.

I'm looking forward to finally playing the games I've been collecting for the past year (SMT IV, Soul Hackers, Fire Emblem and the new Zelda). I already have Bravely Default pre-ordered.

Of course I had to start the conversation with my wife with, "You're going to be mad but I bought..."

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Oh weird, because EB is having many of the same deals.

It's almost as if all the retail execs got together and planned these so as not to undercut each other! That can't be true, can it? ;)

I hope FS/BB site won't get crush on Boxing day. I want to buy the $40 SM3DW.

I heard people had better luck going checking out through the mobile site when cyber monday started. Either way I would have the game already in your cart and your CC info saved before it starts.

Anyone know if Walmart.ca will email the PS+ code if bought online on boxing day?

Don't think so cause they don't have a system for digital delivery, never had one and probably won't get one in place for the BD!

You could always get it for $35 at Target ;)

I always find Target a very suitable place for hoarders, they get there, clean the shelves and nobody cares! That's why I never got to grab any deal at Target!
Besides the lack of online store front!
I'd love to get SM3DW fro $35 but I know I won't be able to do so, heck I'm sure they might have bought all their stock already and waiting for BD to return and re-buy or just straight price adjust them!
I think you can see I have a serious issue with hoarders lol

Joeku

I always find Target a very suitable place for hoarders, they get there, clean the shelves and nobody cares! That's why I never got to grab any deal at Target!
Besides the lack of online store front!
I'd love to get SM3DW fro $35 but I know I won't be able to do so, heck I'm sure they might have bought all their stock already and waiting for BD to return and re-buy or just straight price adjust them!
I think you can see I have a serious issue with hoarders lol
As someone who works there, I do not let clear hoarders and resellers buy more than one of an item.

As someone who works there, I do not let clear hoarders and resellers buy more than one of an item.

I'm glad you do that but as you know not everyone is aware of how vicious some RFDers can be! or maybe they just wanna clear their inventory which is basically their job lol

Anybody spotted this offer here?
Not sure if it's US only or what!

Sl9mNOu.jpg

Top Bottom