• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

kennah

I have one but it expires 2015?
Lucky you :)

They were giving them out at super store the other day. With expiry of Dec 31 this year. Those are the ones I'm asking about. Figure if someone has one they aren't going to use I could definitely use it.

kasane

A) anyone have any of those redbox promo codes that expire in a few days that they aren't going to use? My kid loves those things.

B) if any gaffer wants a computer built I offer my services for free (Winnipeg based). Come say hi in the I need a pc thread or pm me.

Wow someone lives in snow land with me. Lol.

Where do you get your parts locally ? Always ordered but i want to check local places if there are any sales

kennah

Wow someone lives in snow land with me. Lol.

Where do you get your parts locally ? Always ordered but i want to check local places if there are any sales
Mem Ex usually.

Find stock of part at mem ex
Check shopbot.ca for same part
Price match with cheapest price.

But mostly I watch kijiji for deals. Most of what I deal with personally is used parts.

Madness

Any good deals on some cheap Microsoft points cards? Don't really want to get more, but there's games like umvc3 going to be delisted on Xbox 360 soon, might as well get them if have chance.

isny

napkin dispenser
Lucky you :)

They were giving them out at super store the other day. With expiry of Dec 31 this year. Those are the ones I'm asking about. Figure if someone has one they aren't going to use I could definitely use it.

If I can find mine I'll send it your way. The ones they were giving out at Loblaws here in Ottawa the past two weeks all expired in 2015.

kennah

Nothing amazing. Just free dvd rentals at Redbox. My three year old insists on getting one every time we see one of the kiosks.

Fularu

Banned
Looking for Boxing Day deals on SSDs, Monitors and Wii U.. not seeing much :(

WiiU is 250$ @ BB/FS

For those interested, even though it doesn't show online, you can preorder the Reaper of Souls CE at EBGames. Did it earlier today (while braving the snowstorm :p)

Pretty good deal on at the Cineplex store right now. 50% off seemingly all blu-rays and dvds, and if you spend $15 or more you get a free Admit One ticket. I think shipping is free too.

Thinking of picking up some Disney stuff.

Place Beyond The Pines BluRay + Zodiac BluRay + 1 Movie Ticket = $24 including tax/shipping.

Awesome deal, thanks.

Sora_N

I don't know why but a crapload of Vita games are cheap on Bestbuy.ca...(same prices on FS)

Shinobido 2 $19.97
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $19.97
DOA5+ $19.97
Touch my Katamari $9.97
Amazing Spiderman $9.97 (ACTIVISION, lol bought because I wanted the PS3 version last year anyways)
Lego Lord of the Rings $9.97
Valhalla Knights 3 $19.97 (Isn't this pretty new?)
Fifa (French lol) $1.97
COD $19.97

I just got Lego LOTR and Amazing Spider-man + 3 copies of Fifa (for the case), some of the other stuff was tempting too.

I don't know why but a crapload of Vita games are cheap on Bestbuy.ca...(same prices on FS)

Shinobido 2 $19.97
Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 $19.97
DOA5+ $19.97
Touch my Katamari $9.97
Amazing Spiderman $9.97 (ACTIVISION, lol bought because I wanted the PS3 version last year anyways)
Lego Lord of the Rings $9.97
Valhalla Knights 3 $19.97 (Isn't this pretty new?)
Fifa (French lol) $1.97
COD $19.97

I just got Lego LOTR and Amazing Spider-man + 3 copies of Fifa (for the case), some of the other stuff was tempting too.

I was just about to post this as well. VK3 only came out in October, and Amazing Spider-Man came out about a month ago. VK3 is pretty terrible, but ASM is fun -- it looks awful, but I've had a lot of fun with it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was just about to post this as well. VK3 only came out in October, and Amazing Spider-Man came out about a month ago. VK3 is pretty terrible, but ASM is fun -- it looks awful, but I've had a lot of fun with it.
The other thing about VK3 is that there's going to be a remake/enhanced/whatever edition eventually.

There's definitely one coming out in Japan (VK3 Gold), but who knows whether that'll come out over here. If anyone's in the mood for a grindy game that looks awful and has touchscreen "sexy time" minigames...I guess it's worth it?

To those thinking about those vita deals, my future Shop was cleared out as soon as it opened today (I helped).

Online most are either sold out or have single digits remaining.

So get on it!

ohlawd

To those thinking about those vita deals, my future Shop was cleared out as soon as it opened today (I helped).

Online most are either sold out or have single digits remaining.

So get on it!
I wouldn't be surprised if my stores got cleared out too. Stock is pitiable.

I was gonna get DOA5+ but it looked worse so...
I don't want my boobs to look inferior.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Holy fuck guys. The Cineplex sale? THEY HAVE CRITERION DISCS. 50% OFF CRITERION DISCS!!!!!

The only thing that's stupid is that you seem to need to make separate orders in order to get the free movie ticket.

Takuan

Holy fuck guys. The Cineplex sale? THEY HAVE CRITERION DISCS. 50% OFF CRITERION DISCS!!!!!

The only thing that's stupid is that you seem to need to make separate orders in order to get the free movie ticket.

I did a search for Criterion and only 2 movies came up. Are there more than this?

Already placed an order, working on the second now.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I did a search for Criterion and only 2 movies came up. Are there more than this?

Already placed an order, working on the second now.
You can only search by film name. It's stupid, I know. lol

Edit: okay, so it's not EVERY film. :( No Godard or Marker! But still, they have quite a bit of the more "mainstream" stuff and a lot of new stuff. I'm going to resist buying all the Kurosawa films and just settle for Seven Samurai. Of course, I still have like 10 Criterions in my cart. lol

lupinko

That cineplex sale is so good especially for Criterions and Disney BDs!!!

I'm trying to budget right now, but at the very least I'll get Broadcast News BD.

Ordered some stuff from the Bay on Friday afternoon, it's on the truck for delivery now

Canada Post cares not for ice storm, yet PS4 got to me late lol

lupinko

I dunno if it's already been answered but is the free admit one ticket digital for cineplex? Because I could get two by getting two criterions, and if it's digital I can use it immediately (I have a lot of movies to watch in the theatres). =)

edit: answered already, n/m.

Does anyone know how cineplex ships?

two or three years ago EB games has something like buy 5 get 50% off for used games on boxing day. It was glorious and nothing now a days compares...

Firestorm

two or three years ago EB games has something like buy 5 get 50% off for used games on boxing day. It was glorious and nothing now a days compares...
Yeah but three years ago we had Rogers 2 for $40 so that looked terrible in comparison :( I think I prefer save 33% off every new release by pre-ordering over save 50% off used games anyway. Especially when new releases come with DLC that sells for so much (still can't believe I sold all digital crap that came with my Day 1 $40 Halo 4 for $70 and then traded in the game itself for $40 after I was done with it).

QaaQer

You can only search by film name. It's stupid, I know. lol

Edit: okay, so it's not EVERY film. :( No Godard or Marker! But still, they have quite a bit of the more "mainstream" stuff and a lot of new stuff. I'm going to resist buying all the Kurosawa films and just settle for Seven Samurai. Of course, I still have like 10 Criterions in my cart. lol

can you suggest a few must haves? maybe 3 or 4.

lupinko

What do you guys think the likelyhood is for either the Green DS Lite Bundle to go on sale/clearance at EB or the Crimson Red DS Lite at The Source for Boxing Day?

The Crimson Red DS Lite right now is on clearance at $139.99, only $10 off it's original price! lol =/

It'd go nice with my Mario hat pouch.

What do you guys think the likelyhood is for either the Green DS Lite Bundle to go on sale/clearance at EB or the Crimson Red DS Lite at The Source for Boxing Day?

The Crimson Red DS Lite right now is on clearance at $139.99, only $10 off it's original price! lol =/

It'd go nice with my Mario hat pouch.

Obscure old stock doesn't really go on sale. It'll be an unadvertised clearance.

ohlawd

holy cow where else can I get a new DS Lite? $140 o.o

well uhh ebgames has it for $60 but refurbished. Should I risk it? lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
can you suggest a few must haves? maybe 3 or 4.
Battle of Algiers, Tokyo Story, Seven Samurai, Thin Red Line. They don't seem to have ones from European directors. lol

They also have Samsara, which is an "8k master". Yeah, that's marketing garbage, but the fact is that it looks great either way.

lupinko

holy cow where else can I get a new DS Lite? $140 o.o

well uhh ebgames has it for $60 but refurbished. Should I risk it? lol.

Ebgames, The Source and RCSS.

EBgames and RCSS carry the Green DS Lite bundle w/case + cooking game for $159.99.

The Source carries Crimson Red DS Lites @ $139.99.

WTF DS Lites are still being sold for $100?!?

Yep, oddly enough I was able to still buy a brand new Limited Edition Onix Pokemon Pearl/Diamond DS Lite at my local eb, turns out no one ever bought it when it came out in 2006 or 2007. They sold it for $109, but I used $60 store credit to nab it, I think I did well. =)

But yeah, can never have enough.

Top Bottom