• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

FrsDvl

Not sure if it's alright to ask, but if anyone is braving the boxing day crowds at Walmart, is there anyone that could pick me up a PS+ card? I can paypal the money ( plus a little extra) I just don't want to have to deal with the crowds when I have to bring a 2 year old along...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Not sure if it's alright to ask, but if anyone is braving the boxing day crowds at Walmart, is there anyone that could pick me up a PS+ card? I can paypal the money ( plus a little extra) I just don't want to have to deal with the crowds when I have to bring a 2 year old along...

Buy it from the website.

Lexxism

I heard people had better luck going checking out through the mobile site when cyber monday started. Either way I would have the game already in your cart and your CC info saved before it starts.

Yeah, that's actually my plan or I could do what fuzzy suggested :p

You could always get it for $35 at Target ;)

Nah. Way too hassle just to save $5 since I need at least an hour just to get to my nearest local target store. I'll just try my luck online and hide one of the copies on the store :lol

Yeah, that's actually my plan or I could do what fuzzy suggested :p

Nah. Way too hassle just to save $5 since I need at least an hour just to get to my nearest local target store. I'll just try my luck online and hide one of the copies on the store :lol

Seriously guys you shouldn't post such plans, you know they're everywhere and this way we are undermining our chances of success doing any of that lol
Any other games you think we should try to hide until BD? lol

The last of the Boxing Fay flyers are out in the wild:

Best Buy: http://smartcanucks.ca/best-buy-canada-boxing-day-flyer-2013-full-flyer/

Future Shop: http://smartcanucks.ca/future-shop-boxing-day-flyer-2013-full-boxing-week-sale-flyer/

Not much here that wasn't already on sale for Black Friday/Cyber Monday.

Did EB release their flyers yet?

I am not seeing much of anything. Maybe FIFA 14 Xbone for $49.99. That isn't much of a deal though.

I don't see any reason to bother this year.

Dazzler

Def gonna pick up a TV at FS/BB during the sale

Some of those prices are tempting me

I've got a 32" screen now, but I'm looking for something in the 50" range

Firestorm

Target's deals look great. But uh, Future Shop and Best Buy's "FREE $10 GAME WITH $200 TO $300 CONSOLE PURCHASE" is pretty disappointing.

kitzkozan

This is probably the worst Boxing Day lineup I've ever seen. Besides the $30 PS+ deal at Walmart, there's not much there.

1 year of PS+ and perhaps the Elder's scroll anthology for $40 is all I need. Absolutely terrible boxing day imo, although probably decent fort the average consumer (it's hilarious that Starcraft 2 Heart of the swarm is $29.99 when it was sold for $15 during the black friday weekend).

Roto13

I've been meaning to pick up Wind Waker HD so I'll probably get that for $30.

And I'll see if I can order a year of Plus from Wal-Mart, since there's no Wal-Mart in my area. Kind of kicking myself for not taking advantage of the Amazon US sale.

Roto13

Wow these boxing day deals are terrible. Free $10 game with system purchase? Seriously?

Yeah, isn't that, like, the norm anyway? When I bought my second PS3 a couple of years ago, it came with InFamous, and it seems like every flyer every week has a similar deal.

Does anyone have any recommendations amongst those 4-600 dollar computers? I'm getting one for boxing day to replace my old battle Axe. All of them look similar with processors, hard drives and screen sizes so does it really just boil down to personal preference?

ohlawd

man all I want is Deus Ex cheap for my Wii U. maybe some cheap eShop points too.

I'm going out just for some CDs and blu-rays. >_>

krae_man

Does anyone have any recommendations amongst those 4-600 dollar computers? I'm getting one for boxing day to replace my old battle Axe. All of them look similar with processors, hard drives and screen sizes so does it really just boil down to personal preference?

If you don't want to game, just get whatever. If you want to game, don't buy any of them as they will all have terrible video cards. you can get something decent in that price range. Just check out the "I need a new PC" thread, and find a local PC shop that will build it and put Windows on it for you.

sikkinixx

Well looks like all I'm getting is the extended LotR Blurays for $8 each at Bestbuy. Holy shit what a bad year for this stuff. I wanted discounts on Vita memory cards (lulz).

Hoping NCIX has a super cheap 660/760

Those MicroSD cards on the last page of the futureshop flyer, will those work with the 3dsXL?

Virtually any will work as long as you have a full size SD adapter. (Most micro SD cards come with the adapter, and the adapter is dirt cheap so you could always buy the adapter dirt cheap elsewhere or with a range of other SD related products.

torontoml

So the futureshop flyer says the Sony W900a will be a door crasher sale. What does that mean, will I be able to order it for the same price online or is it in store only?

For $1700 I can't pass up this TV.

Roto13

So the futureshop flyer says the Sony W900a will be a door crasher sale. What does that mean, will I be able to order it for the same price online or is it in store only?

For $1700 I can't pass up this TV.

Door Crashers are generally in-store only. They're to get you in the door to buy other things.

And there are probably only about five of them per store.

kurahadol

Was thinking about biting on the EB Games Vita but I have FS gift cards that need to be used. I was really hoping my Shoppers had some in stock so I could use my points and the 20% off coupon yesterday, no dice though.

kimsich

Neo Member
wow no vita deal or vita memory card deal.
ebgames $30 off the system is really cold considering bundle is usually 199...

well I don't want walking dead game or 4G memory card since I want 32G one.
but still cold deal.

kennah

A) anyone have any of those redbox promo codes that expire in a few days that they aren't going to use? My kid loves those things.

B) if any gaffer wants a computer built I offer my services for free (Winnipeg based). Come say hi in the I need a pc thread or pm me.

Top Bottom