• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Arzehn

Does Amazon usually wait for Boxing Day to reveal their deals or do they normally show them in advance?

I'm trying to decide whether I get the $135 3dsxl which ends tomorrow or hope for a Vita deal which I kinda prefer since I'm in the PS ecosystem.

Thanks, got it.

I also just received AC4 for Xbox One and PS4. But I asked for AC4 for Xbox One and Just Dance 2014 for Xbox One. Did that happen to anyone else?

Weird. The error was the other way around.

I actually just received a code for Xbox One as well. I really need the season pass though.

How long is it until we get those free uplay points from that email address?

FrsDvl

Thanks, got it.

I also just received AC4 for Xbox One and PS4. But I asked for AC4 for Xbox One and Just Dance 2014 for Xbox One. Did that happen to anyone else?

Lucky you atleast got something lol I didn't even anything :(. are you willing to sell the ps4 code?

Zing

Banned
Someone claimed Animal Crossing New Leaf is ringing up as $25 at Walmart. I'm home with the flu. Can anyone confirm? It's still $35 online. I just paid $35 at Best Buy.

FrsDvl

Does anyone know if HMV carries PSN cards? I still have a gift card laying around, and was hoping to get some cash for my PSN wallet. Figure they don't, since they don't sell games anymore

Ondore

SickBoy

That EB flyer is kinda sad, actually.

Can anyone decipher what the deal is with the GTA stuff?

Looks like one is "Save $20, $39.99" and the other price over the game is "Save $30, $29.99"

Boxing Day only? Something like that?

Doesn't look like anything current-gen is on sale, though I liked Dishonored and think it's a great deal at $10.

https://store.cineplex.com

Great time to stock up on Disney and Studio Ghibli stuff too!

Anyone notice there are sometimes identical looking blu-rays with the same price, but the thumbnail for one will read "blu-ray + dvd" while the other is just "blu-ray"?

Why would you order just the blu-ray for the same price...what am I missing?

That's my problem with them!
I like to buy Bluray+DVD combo to use the DVD in the van but they don't really put a description for the version you're buying!

Sora_N

Goddammit Purolator, of course they deliver when no one's home and of course the shipping centre is not even close to me. Also retarded how the 2nd item in my shipment was shipped separately so I have to deal with 2 rounds of purolator BS.

I'm just gonna ask them to redeliver like last time, no way am I going to go out that far for a $10 item.

Socreges

Banned

Anyone notice there are sometimes identical looking blu-rays with the same price, but the thumbnail for one will read "blu-ray + dvd" while the other is just "blu-ray"?

Nice! Should I be worried about stuff selling out in the next 24 hours? No time to shop at this second.

And buying a DVD would get me SCENE points plus a free ticket? Am I seeing that right?

Maximus.

That Cineplex sale is INSANE! I bought quite a few movies I have wanted for a while, tons of scene points and a few free movie passes!

I don't think they've ever sold cash cards online because they need to be activated, but maybe they got on the code train like all the US companies.

I hope so, just for the sake of convenience!
I'm not buying anyway cause I have like 5 years of PS+ between Amazon US and another 3 years I bought off Kijiji for $90 after that Walmart glitch :)
All I want this BD is Sonic lost worlds and SM3DW for WiiU and probably some more blurays I might buy now at cineplex!

Cineplex deal is amazing. I spent way too much now. :/
Damn, now many of the movies I ordered over the weekend is $2.50 more off.
I am going to try and call them to adjust my price tomorrow and cancel a few orders if possible.

Today another round of insane PSN deals, mainly Disney games!

Hotline Miami $1.49
Ducktales Remastered $7.19
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two $10
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse $3.75
Diablo 3 $35

Those are PS+ prices of course, I assume everyone on Sony's ecosystem have it already!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Today another round of insane PSN deals, mainly Disney games!

Hotline Miami $1.49
Ducktales Remastered $7.19
Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two $10
Castle of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse $3.75
Diablo 3 $35

Those are PS+ prices of course, I assume everyone on Sony's ecosystem have it already!
What's funny is Hotline Miami is currently free but when the store updates on Tuesday the price goes up to $1.49.

I think they will be regular passes! That's the best I would expect anyway :)

Yeah, it is for regular admission only, additional fees for any special showings.
People have been getting the digital copies for the +1000 scene point (or more) bonus though and those can be redeemed for any ticket no matter the price. I got a few of those digital copies myself actually. ;)

Yeah, it is for regular admission only, additional fees for any special showings.
People have been getting the digital copies for the +1000 scene point (or more) bonus though and those can be redeemed for any ticket no matter the price. I got a few of those digital copies myself actually. ;)

Yeah but the digital copy is the lesser option imo! You get a digital copy with most Bluray combos!

What's funny is Hotline Miami is currently free but when the store updates on Tuesday the price goes up to $1.49.

lol I didn't notice that, I thought they took it off the IGC!

Yeah but the digital copy is the lesser option imo! You get a digital copy with most Bluray combos!

Agreed, that's why I only purchased 3. ;p
One was a niche foreign Korean film which I doubt will ever get a release here on Blu-ray; the other was Elysium (getting the Blu-ray already which includes the UV too, but that 1500 bonus points for the digital copies was too hard to resist).

Agreed, that's why I only purchased 3. ;p
One was a niche foreign Korean film which I doubt will ever get a release here on Blu-ray; the other was Elysium (getting the Blu-ray already which includes the UV too, but that 1500 bonus points for the digital copies was too hard to resist).

lol ok
While we're at it, why would you choose to redeem your digital code on UV not iTunes for example? I'm just trying to know which way I should go? I use iOS devices that's why I always redeemed them on ITunes.

Cineplex actually had their $2.50 off on Tuesdays stack with the deals. I should have gotten my choices ordered then ^_^ since they have removed that now :)

So what is everyone going after for Boxing Day?

I'll be picking up a PS+ sub from Wal Mart ($30), Sonic Lost World for WiiU at EB ($30) and Mario and Luigi Dream Team at Target ($15).

soultron

Banned
For anyone in PC-GAF, do you think it will really pay off to wait for boxing week deals this year? I'm hoping to build a decent-ish <$1000 gaming rig over the break. My main interests are CSGO and game development stuff (I do 3D modelling, Unity stuff, etc.) so it doesn't need to be a graphics-focused beast. If anything I'd like to focus on a fast CPU and 8GB RAM than an amazing GPU.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

sikkinixx

So what is everyone going after for Boxing Day?

I'll be picking up a PS+ sub from Wal Mart ($30), Sonic Lost World for WiiU at EB ($30) and Mario and Luigi Dream Team at Target ($15).

the PS+, Mario and Luigi and the LotR movies for me. Broke as hell so hoping for some gift card magic. Had to drop $500 on my wife's car yesterday so... yeah... there went any boxing day shopping.

So if we order is the code emailed to us?

I highly doubt it, I've never seen any Canadian store sell codes of any kind (let alone PS+ codes) from their online retail. Expect to receive a card in the mail.

The Cineplex store is awful at telling you exactly what you'll get with each package. The thumbnails are often wrong or missing. Your best bet is to look up the UPC code in Google, Amazon or Indigo to figure out exactly what you're getting.

Nice! Should I be worried about stuff selling out in the next 24 hours? No time to shop at this second.

And buying a DVD would get me SCENE points plus a free ticket? Am I seeing that right?

A lot of the stuff I ordered was listed as "Backordered," so I think you're okay regarding things still being available to order. I wouldn't expect to get any of that stuff quickly, though.

Also, buying a DVD will net you SCENE points and a free ticket, yes, but you won't get the 1000/1500 bonus SCENE points you get with digital downloads. Similarly, with digital purchases you'll get the 1000/15000 bonus points but no free movie pass.

The Cineplex store never seems to want to keep my SCENE number on my profile, though, so I've already placed at least one order where I missed out on SCENE points. So, um, thanks for nothing Cineplex.

Vamphuntr

Will the PS+ deal be available at noon or is it really on the 26th. It's a bit confusing because of the flyer. Sale starts at noon on the 24th online but this deal specifies it's for the 26th only.

frequency

Do you get the free movie pass with each order? So if you're ordering multiple things would it be better to do multiple orders for multiple passes?

Also I have no idea what SCENE is.

I just want to pick up all the Ghibli films.

Top Bottom