• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

So if you buy a digital movie, how are you supposed to watch it?
Only through UV on PC? cause I usually watch digital my purchases on Apple TV through iTunes and never used UV before!

I use the CinemaNow app to watch UVs on my PS3 and iPad (SD only). I actually just tried the PS3 app yesterday and it works fine, pretty neat. All you have to do is link your UV account with your CinemaNow account. Be sure to buy UV compatible digital copies through Cineplex though as the ones without the little UV logo showing do not work and I have not tries to figure out the best way to play those outside of my desktop PC yet.

Zing

Banned
In case you didn't notice, target is price matching boxing week, as explicitly mentioned on page 9 of their flyer.

So, if you want those $15 3DS games or $35 Mario 3D World, go buy it immediately, then get a price adjust later this week. Save yourself the hassle of waking up at 6am, and get an extra day or two to play the games.

I bought all four 3DS games already. This sale was just in time for my new 3DS purchase. I already got 3D World for cheap, and not worth going back for an extra $10 for me.

frequency

Hahaha, that's exactly why I stopped at my 2 purchases. When you start looking for things to buy just for the sake of buying, that's when you know to stop. But if these were movies you wanted all along, then that's money very well spent.

I have a problem. I can't control myself.
And the only way to cancel seems to be calling them. I'm very unlikely to call.

I maybe wanted them all along. Maybe. At least I need to keep telling myself that so I can feel slightly better.

Is there any reason to order from Best Buy or Future Shop over the other? :p They both have what I want for the same price.

I personally recommend FS, bestbuy screwed my PS4 order, and their customer service was shit. FS on the other hand were great and gave me good updates on my order.

DJ_Lae

I personally recommend FS, bestbuy screwed my PS4 order, and their customer service was shit. FS on the other hand were great and gave me good updates on my order.

I've had better luck with Future Shop myself, too.

Best Buy's order history seems to be down half the time anyway when I go to check stuff, and tracking numbers are frequently broken.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I've had better luck with Future Shop myself, too.

Best Buy's order history seems to be down half the time anyway when I go to check stuff, and tracking numbers are frequently broken.
Just hit F5 a few times and the order history works. I've never had a problem with tracking numbers.

I caved in and rushed after work to my nearest ToysRUs right before they closed, price-matching the WiiU Zelda Wind Waker Deluxe 32GB edition to the Chapters.ca website.

All in, I snagged it for 189.00 + HST (13%) = $213.57
+ a promotional $25 gift card offer which expires today was given to me at checkout.

So net cost, all in, was an effective $188.57.

The clerk looked at me, stunned, at the resulting price tag. To think this bundle is normally worth $300, before tax...

lupinko

I caved in and rushed after work to my nearest ToysRUs right before they closed, price-matching the WiiU Zelda Wind Waker Deluxe 32GB edition to the Chapters.ca website.

All in, I snagged it for 189.00 + HST (13%) = $213.57
+ a promotional $25 gift card offer which expires today was given to me at checkout.

So net cost, all in, was an effective $188.57.

The clerk looked at me, stunned, at the resulting price tag. To think this bundle is normally worth $300, before tax...

If I wasn't moving to Japan next month, I would have done this. =/

Sober

Thanks for the advice!

Was thinking of going with a Samsung SSD because you and others have said good things. Kingston is another well-regarded SSD manufacturer.

Thinking of doing Corsair or G.Skill for RAM.

EVGA for GPU since their warranty and performance seem great.

Mobo will depend, but I'll take your recommendation to heart. I've had ASUS boards in the past and really liked them.
If you are concerned, go for whatever RAM is cheapest, but if you are buying an aftermarket cooler (hyper 212, etc.) definitely consider low profile RAM, but brand rarely matters.

w/r/t mobos, just read the different model feature lists and see what you want from them, you will likely have to pay a premium for stuff like more sata3.0 ports or bluetooth or what have you, but ASUS has a huge lineup of Z77 and Z87 boards. You could even go with the H- chipsets if you aren't going to OC.

Everything else is kinda said and done, all I can do is remind you to do your homework with PSUs, only pick up certain brands or model lines for reliability (the list is fairly short), and if you are going Haswell (4670/4770, etc) make sure it supports those new fangled power states for standby mode.

Canon

Banned
Is Deus EX: Human Revolution for Wii U worth $20? Or is the PS3 version better if you own a Vita?

Do y'all think it'll go any lower?

Also, is Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst compatible with 3D just like the non-Full Burst version? The 3D sticker isn't there, but I can't imagine they'd remove it...

Also picking up Sonic for Wii U for $30

In case you didn't notice, target is price matching boxing week, as explicitly mentioned on page 9 of their flyer.

So, if you want those $15 3DS games or $35 Mario 3D World, go buy it immediately, then get a price adjust later this week. Save yourself the hassle of waking up at 6am, and get an extra day or two to play the games.

I bought all four 3DS games already. This sale was just in time for my new 3DS purchase. I already got 3D World for cheap, and not worth going back for an extra $10 for me.

Isn't it a bit late for that advice? :p
Most stores are closed already and will only open for boxing day!

The ordering process with FS is relatively painless, but they send your product through Canada Post. Canada Post is a total disaster, I have never had a good encounter with them. They slipped the "Attempted Delivery" notification in my mail box (which is about a 5 minute walk), without coming to my door or ringing the bell.

Vamphuntr

The ordering process with FS is relatively painless, but they send your product through Canada Post. Canada Post is a total disaster, I have never had a good encounter with them. They slipped the "Attempted Delivery" notification in my mail box (which is about a 5 minute walk), without coming to my door or ringing the bell.

That's your delivery man, not CP as a whole. I have a pretty good service from them where I live. They ring the bell when they put a package in the mail box even if a signature isn't required. I get good delivery times too. Most stuff I order online from Amazon, BB, FF or EB arrive in 2-3 days.

One time I had a package that the tracking showed as delivered, went to my local CP office and talked to the manager. She quickly contacted the delivery man that was responsible for delivering it and found out it was simply mis-scanned and that my package would be delivered in the day itself. I get good services when I ship package too. They help me fill the forms and package the items safely and correctly.

Only thing I hate from CP as a whole are the ridiculous rates to ship items though.

Hmm, trying to log into my account on Future Shop's site but I just get an error page. There's still a half an hour until the sale starts and it's already broken.

Working for me.

Vamphuntr

Hmm. Tries made-up email/pass. "Sorry we are unable to find a match for the e-mail address or password you entered."

Alright, try real email/pass. "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request."

And real email/ fake pass. "Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request."

Strange.

I'm logged in on both BB and FS. The only issues is that on both you can't check order history because of the sales. The rest of the account stuff works.

Top Bottom