• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

ohlawd

eh I should have just got a cheapass blu-ray instead of tacking on another year of PS+. Too lazy to cancel the order.

I'm paying tax when I shouldn't have to.

EBGames web-only sale is garbage. It's not even all web-only--Tekken Tag Tourney 2 is a repeat.

Got SM3DW and Wind Waker HD from FS. NCIX is a bust, ME looks like a bust, but to be fair I'm not really looking for PC parts this year. Neither am I looking for a laptop, but if you are, worth checking out the Microsoft Store sale. Otherwise, I think I'm out until Amazon.ca refreshes its lightning deals (I have no idea when that will be though).

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Got WWHD and SMT4, saved $40, which I'd say is decent. None of these deals are that great though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Rayman Legends for $15 was the only thing I wanted and that seems to be sold out all across Toronto...

kennah

Not much amazing on the mem ex sale.

Fractal R4 for $70 is a great deal.

The 4770k for $70 off is hilarious. Since they upped the price by $40 the day before the sale :p

The gigabyte board with 4670k isn't a bad deal for $360.

Ram isn't on sale for anything less than normal price and the SSD deals have all been cheaper lately.

Gtx 760 was upped in price to $300 and then discounted to $250 (you can normally find it pretty easily for $250)

This sale is a joke.

Ondore

FWIW, I just bought a game off the EB Games sale (mainly to see if my debit card works) and it was pretty much painless. Shame there's nothing much there, but I was a sucker for $30 Blacklist.

(Between November 7 and now, I've bought or otherwise obtained ELEVEN third party WiiU games. 3rd party relations aren't my problem anymore, and I haven't paid full price for any of them. Win/win?)

ohlawd

FWIW, I just bought a game off the EB Games sale (mainly to see if my debit card works) and it was pretty much painless. Shame there's nothing much there, but I was a sucker for $30 Blacklist.

(Between November 7 and now, I've bought or otherwise obtained ELEVEN third party WiiU games. 3rd party relations aren't my problem anymore, and I haven't paid full price for any of them. Win/win?)

Win/win for you. Loss for the retailer and I guess the publisher? Lower margins after all.

Link25ca

Neo Member
Future Shop tweeted that they are having issues with gift cards and paypal and we should be able to adjust tomorrow. I might reorder later if they fix the problem and return the first order later on.

frequency

Ended up getting Kingdom Hearts and Project X Zone.

I think I dislike having Black Friday in Canada. One week of better deals is better than two weeks of mediocre deals a month apart for me.

Oh well.
I guess I'm lucky there wasn't anything amazing since I spent that stupid amount on DVDs and Blu-Rays. I wish I didn't end 2013 shopping by going out of control but oh well I guess...

I did want to get a new laptop since ours is like 5 years old and falling apart but I don't really know how to shop for them and the unexpected $237.70 expense is making me not really want to look. I guess we need to hold out a little more on that purchase.

It's been a good year of deals overall. Even if there wasn't a super amazing standout for me there has been decent deals consistently throughout 2013.

Merry Christmas Canadian Deals GAF!

mf.luder

Bought 6 ps+ cards. 3 from FS and 3 from BB.

Had to wait maybe 15 minutes in the queue. Going to grab a portable hdd and some small things on the 26th.

Cactus

Banned
I'm actively forcing myself to stop placing orders at cineplex.com. The boxing week sale mentioned earlier is insanely good.

Total amount of money spent: $186.90

Seven admit one tickets will be mailed to me, which equals roughly $91 in savings.

...so I basically bought all of these for around $96

Battle Royale Complete Collection (4-DVD edition)
Ichi The Killer (2-DVD edition)
Yojimbo (Criterion)
The Good, The Bad and The Weird
New World
Once Upon a Time in America (2-DVD Collector's edition)
Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition (3-BD edition)
Memento
Monty Python's Life of Brian (2-DVD edition)
Robot Chicken Season 4

EDIT: Plus 835 SCENE points

Also, if anybody is an indie movie and/or Criterion fan, Hausu is currently $16.49. With the free ticket taken into account, you're basically paying about $4 for the movie after taxes.

ohlawd

Bought 6 ps+ cards. 3 from FS and 3 from BB.

Had to wait maybe 15 minutes in the queue. Going to grab a portable hdd and some small things on the 26th.

Amazon.com could have been an option not too long ago. And no tax if you picked the right address.

Ended up getting the PS+ card but it wouldn't accept my gift card during checkout. Anyways, does anyone know of any deals for that Seagate 1TB SSHD?

Zozobra

I'm actively forcing myself to stop placing orders at cineplex.com. The boxing week sale mentioned earlier is insanely good.

Total amount of money spent: $186.90

Seven admit one tickets will be mailed to me, which equals roughly $91 in savings.

...so I basically bought all of these for around $96

Battle Royale Complete Collection (4-DVD edition)
Ichi The Killer (2-DVD edition)
Yojimbo (Criterion)
The Good, The Bad and The Weird
New World
Once Upon a Time in America (2-DVD Collector's edition)
Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition (3-BD edition)
Memento
Monty Python's Life of Brian (2-DVD edition)
Robot Chicken Season 4

EDIT: Plus 835 SCENE points

Also, if anybody is an indie movie and/or Criterion fan, Hausu is currently $16.49. With the free ticket taken into account, you're basically paying about $4 for the movie after taxes.

So are you ordering these movies separately to get a free movie ticket for each, or how are you doing it? There's definitely a bunch of blu-rays I'd like to pick up from this.

Cactus

Banned
So are you ordering these movies separately to get a free movie ticket for each, or how are you doing it? There's definitely a bunch of blu-rays I'd like to pick up from this.

Seven different orders. As long as each order has a movie that's 14.99 or more, a free movie ticket with automatically be added to your cart.

Keep in mind that the tickets are shipped separately, though.

Tapejara

Wow, did Futureshop and Best Buy both sell out of their Vita games already? Saw Valhalla Knights 3 for $20 but it's out of stock - same with just about every Vita that's been discounted.

Nakho

Just bought a Gigabyte GTX780 for $499+tax from NCIX. Anyone knows if it takes long to arrive? I checked the free shipping option. PC Master Race, here we go, hah!

Zozobra

Seven different orders. As long as each order has a movie that's 14.99 or more, a free movie ticket with automatically be added to your cart.

Keep in mind that the tickets are shipped separately, though.

Cool man, thanks for clarifying, this is a killer deal!

Top Bottom