• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Yes but you still got a discount. If a $60 game dropped to $50 the discounted price goes from $40 to $33.33.

Okay, so an extra six-something is what we're talking about. I myself could sleep soundly letting that slide. But if you want to go the length to get it, more power to you. It is within your rights.

krae_man

I don't think it is cut and dry. I skimmed through that page, but I didn't see anything specifically mentioning preorder discounts and the msrp changing before release.

There is nothing that specific, you have to interprate what is there and how it would apply in this case.

I don't think it is cut and dry. I skimmed through that page, but I didn't see anything specifically mentioning preorder discounts and the msrp changing before release.

There is nothing that specific, you have to interprate what is there and how it would apply in this case.

Which is exactly what happens, case by case, complaint by complaint. FS has been found in violation for things far less black and white than this.

The deal was 33% off the game. So $39.99 games were $26.79, $49.99 games were $33.49, etc. The straight $20 off was 2012, I believe.

You might be correct in this. In either case, you are owed either a straight dollar amount, or a certain percentage off the item's price. Giving you the discount off something it was never sold for is not basing the discount on the legal definition of a "price".

And it's the principle, not the money. If people actually stood by principles we would have stronger consumer protections here.

Sony retroactively removes features from their console? Bah--*I* never used it, so who cares? Etc etc.

I forgot about this, but let's get the ball rolling.

Vancouver-GAF Meetup of no one will show up anyway but let's plan it so we can say we tried

Date: Sat. Feb. 8 (Vancouver at Toronto hockey game at 3:00pm)
Time: 3:00pm (duh)

Attendees:
Lone_Prodigy

(Other possible dates if Feb. 8 absolutely does not work)
Sun. Mar. 2 vs Ottawa, 1:00pm (Heritage Classic)
Sat. Mar. 8 vs Calgary, 7:00pm

Jay Fray

Vancouver-GAF Meetup of no one will show up anyway but let's plan it so we can say we tried

Attendees:
Lone_Prodigy

Driving from Calgary to Van in February in a Scion xD. How likely am I to die?

Attendees:
Lone_Prodigy

What if I don't hockey

Firestorm

Attendees:
Lone_Prodigy

In.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

Attendees:
Lone_Prodigy

Did you post this on the Vancouver thread? Also, I think I'm off that day.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Premium mall meaning more bubble tea/phone accessories/Chinese medicine/bubble tea places?
They don't mean Pacific Mall. lol

And it's the principle, not the money. If people actually stood by principles we would have stronger consumer protections here.

Sony retroactively removes features from their console? Bah--*I* never used it, so who cares? Etc etc.
I understand the anger, but I just don't find it worth it to go through the trouble of trying to get the "right" CSR. It's almost like calling several times in order to get the right retentions guy in order to get some killer phone plane.

That said, I find it easier to do in person, but I managed to do the "impossible" when I swapped my copy of GTA5 360 for the PS3 version.

explodet

Man, I miss USD parity already. I'm getting hit with shipment delays from amazon.ca and stuff from .com requires shipping and import fees.

I guess this counts as more pining for the good ol' days?

i-Jest

Frick, just narrowly missed out on one because the stupid site had trouble processing my order.

I'm sorry to hear that dude. I think they'll be back in stock again. Future Shop was offering the same deal for the same model at the same time. This isn't the first time the same deal for the same model has happened. Just keep an eye out for restocks. Then again, you might find something almost or just as good as this deal on TG or NE.

i-Jest

Any PS4 games on sale?

Im starting to think im not meant to get a ps4. Went to the store this morning cause they said they had stock, by the time i got there, sold out. This is about the 4th time this has happened to me. Next get home, see theres stock on bestbuy online, go through the process, fill everything out, about to finalize the order, annnnnnnnd sold out. Come the fuck on.

If you guys are online, I recommend hopping on those bundles. They won't stay up for long.

Lexxism

There's a 20x event this weekend at SDM. They have WiiU Basic for $200, OG 3DS for $130, PS3 12GB for $190 and select video games for $20.

I got the "get 20x the Points when you spend $25 this weekend".

frequency

I'm still waiting for my Cineplex refund from (6) cancellations done 3 weeks ago (today). It's been 3 calls and 2 emails with apparently no results. They cancelled them but have so far decided to keep my money.

Anyone in Toronto seen a Wii points card for $9 at Staples as reported? Would you be willing to pick one up for me and I'll pay you back? PM me if you're okay with that. Just depends how rare and far one is and it's pointless after spending bus fare just to get it.

which one did you order? upc had the cheaper bluray containing two discs but cineplex is only saying one for me

Not the person you asked, but I believe I ordered the 2-disc Blu-Ray version of Summer Wars as well. Another one of my Cineplex orders had a UPC that didn't match the Cineplex store's description (it said DVD instead of Blu-Ray + DVD combo) and it turned out to be the Blu-Ray combo as I hoped, so I'm not worried about Summer Wars.

That random Emma Peel Avengers TV boxset bonus disc I ordered, on the other hand...

zroid

Banned
Apologies if this was covered already, Shoppers has another 2000 free Optimum points promo code, which is valid now. The code is 0114.

In related Shoppers news, they emailed me a coupon today to get $10 off any $30 purchase (on the 18th and 19th). So that's pretty good...

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Apologies if this was covered already, Shoppers has another 2000 free Optimum points promo code, which is valid now. The code is 0114.

In related Shoppers news, they emailed me a coupon today to get $10 off any $30 purchase (on the 18th and 19th). So that's pretty good...

How would I go about redeeming that code?

It's in the edit your profile thing, right? Do you get the points automatically? I tried and nothing...

Edit: Nevermind, got a e-mail: "2000 Shoppers Optimum Points will be added to your Optimum Account by February 21, 2014.".

Thanks mate!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
It's in the edit your profile thing, right? Do you get the points automatically? I tried and nothing...

Edit: Nevermind, got a e-mail: "2000 Shoppers Optimum Points will be added to your Optimum Account by February 21, 2014.".

Thanks mate!

Thanks for the help.

Bronetta

Still hoping for some Vita memory card deals in the next few weeks...

post-45702-0-56072400-1386285385.gif

UberTag

There is no such thing as Vita memory card deals at retail.
You get deals on Vita memory cards by finding a VitaGAF owner who is upgrading from a smaller card and getting them to sell you their old one super cheap.

Do I have to call Futureshop to update the expiring credit card on my E3 preorders? Should I not bother with changing it online?

You can edit the card online in theory, but in practice it doesn't work much of the time. Try it anyways, and if you get an error when trying to update the card on an order, call in instead.

Bronetta

Is he screaming or laughing? (Or both?)

Does he have the Vita memory cards? I want the cards. Gimme cards.

It's screams of laughter.

He has Vita memory cards. But he doesn't give, he takes.

Megasoum

Banned
So I'm getting a crazy paycheck tomorrow (all the holiday overtime means it's basically double the normal amount I get)... I kinda feel like buying something now lol. Now all I need is to create a need for something lol.

If it wasn't for the fact that there's only 2 games I want to play on it ever I would almost be tempted to buy a WiiU.

UberTag

So I'm getting a crazy paycheck tomorrow (all the holiday overtime means it's basically double the normal amount I get)... I kinda feel like buying something now lol. Now all I need is to create a need for something lol.

If it wasn't for the fact that there's only 2 games I want to play on it ever I would almost be tempted to buy a WiiU.
Are you considering any other hardware or just whether to WiiU or not to WiiU?

Jachaos

Any deals on Vita ? Not necessarily looking at picking one up right now, but eventually I might want to grab the OLED model and I have 90$ in FutureShop gift cards that make it appealing, but neither of the bundles interest me.

Which 2 games ?

Top Bottom