• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Sora_N

I got Bravely Default Collector's Edition for $20 lol. (Well $56-30, so $26 but still good.)

I told Best Buy the gift card thing, he gave me a $30 refund and I get to keep my $50 gift card that didn't go through.

SCORE

Lexxism

I got Bravely Default Collector's Edition for $20 lol. (Well $56-30, so $26 but still good.)

I told Best Buy the gift card thing, he gave me a $30 refund and I get to keep my $50 gift card that didn't go through.

SCORE

Use again the $30 GC and then you will get the CE for free and you're still have a $4 change :lol

Still can't preorder Atelier Escha at EB.

How else am I supposed to get my pirate costume?

They'd probably charge $54.99 for it anyways. I got mine at Amazon.ca, though I've pre-ordered Atelier games from them twice now and cancelled before they could ship it out because I tracked down a copy from a brick and mortar store on release. So we'll see, I guess!

I was able to price match tomb raider for the ps4 using an image off red flags/reddit. The employee didn't question the post and just price matched! Got the last copy and their website said that store didn't have any copies but they had one left.

Good for you man!
I don't know I don't usually have it in me to go and try PMing even though it's a huge deal:(
I just hate it when I hit a stupid CSR and they give me shit for just trying!

KarmaCow

Are all those early shipments the CE version? I just realised that BD comes out on Friday so it either comes Friday or Monday. :/

Anth0ny

Anyone know where I can get a new Dual Shock 2? I shit you not, I have 3 and all of them are broken in different ways (analog stick, face buttons, shoulder buttons).

jzbluz

Mine was shipped too! Going by previous experiences, it will probably be here tomorrow. I remember getting SMTIV a couple of days early as well.

ohlawd

They'd probably charge $54.99 for it anyways. I got mine at Amazon.ca, though I've pre-ordered Atelier games from them twice now and cancelled before they could ship it out because I tracked down a copy from a brick and mortar store on release. So we'll see, I guess!
I don't like the witch costume tho :(

yes I'm willing to pony up 5 extra dollars just for my midriff pirate costume.

I don't like the witch costume tho :(

yes I'm willing to pony up 5 extra dollars just for my midriff pirate costume.

Do we even know if those are coming to Canada? Amazon.ca doesn't mention anything about pre-order costumes and it wouldn't surprise me to learn these are U.S. only.

iiicon

Mine's regular and it shipped.
Ditto. I live in Burnaby and usually get my game the day after the shipping notification, too.

Anyone know where I can get a new Dual Shock 2? I shit you not, I have 3 and all of them are broken in different ways (analog stick, face buttons, shoulder buttons).
Pawn shops, independent game stores? I had to buy a replacement last year as well and it was a pain.

ohlawd

Do we even know if those are coming to Canada? Amazon.ca doesn't mention anything about pre-order costumes and it wouldn't surprise me to learn these are U.S. only.
I'm hoping for the best.

The announcement says NA and all but you just never know until it's actually here.

Cheerilee

Last time I saw a new Dualshock 2 was back when Blockbuster was closing. I bought one on clearance for $6.

Ryne

My BD CE hasn't shipped yet :(

I can't wait for that game, going to be a great time sink. I love wasting time in RPGs.

big_z

Are there any stores that let you do game exchanges without a receipt?

I have a sealed copy of forza(came with the Xbox I won) but have no interest in the game. Wouldn't mind exchanging it for dead rising 3 if possible.

Hilti92

Are there any stores that let you do game exchanges without a receipt?

I have a sealed copy of forza(came with the Xbox I won) but have no interest in the game. Wouldn't mind exchanging it for dead rising 3 if possible.

Kijiji is the best bet as I believe it's illegal to bring a game back that you didn't purchase and exchange it for credit/an other game. Trading it as used however works. EB will give the same amount of credit whether sealed or not, however.

Sora_N

Mine has shipped too. Do they usually ship it this early? The release date is Feb 7, isn't it?

No they don't lol, maybe people complained a lot so they ship earlier now.

FS tried to charge me too but my CC was invalid. I'm gonna call to cancel it (don't need the E3 one when I got the Collector's for the same price) instead.

zroid

Banned
Is anyone who's had theirs ship already in the East? The fact I haven't even been charged yet is suspicious, maybe they're sending them out with some sort of geographical priority.

iLLmAtlc

It depends how far you live from the distribution centre I think. I noticed in the past FS sent out copies several days earlier to make sure people got them on release day.

frequency

I haven't been charged yet.

I'm far enough from their distribution centres that I would not get it by Friday if it didn't ship today.

Oh well. I already played the Japanese release and was just buying it to support these kind of localizations. So I'm not in any hurry.

Also, to end the Cineplex refund nightmare, PayPal ruled in my favour today and will be returning the money. Cineplex couldn't be bothered to even respond to the PayPal claim.

Leeness

Whyyyyy is the futureshop website so bad???? WHY is it such a piece of shit? I don't get it.

I should be able to change my shipping address on an unshipped item.

Apparently it's completely impossible though.

Just so awful.

Edit: And my regular edition of Bravely Default shipped. I'm hoping it's coming from the Richmond distribution centre and will be here tomorrow lol. Tracking info hasn't updated yet though.

Jinto

Like others have said, you can buy them new from the Amazon marketplace. I recently bought one for $10 sealed from Kijiji. For the price of 1 new controller, you can almost buy a PS2, a couple of controllers, and games second hand. Depends if you want brand new or not.

Whyyyyy is the futureshop website so bad???? WHY is it such a piece of shit? I don't get it.

I should be able to change my shipping address on an unshipped item.

Apparently it's completely impossible though.

Just so awful.

Edit: And my regular edition of Bravely Default shipped. I'm hoping it's coming from the Richmond distribution centre and will be here tomorrow lol. Tracking info hasn't updated yet though.

Doesn't it let you cancel and then reorder again?

Leeness

Doesn't it let you cancel and then reorder again?

Well I don't want to do that cause then I lose my e3 preorder discounts.

I know you can change the address on unshipped stuff because I DID ONE A WEEK AGO. And now the system has been ~temporarily unavailable this last week~

iLLmAtlc

Well I don't want to do that cause then I lose my e3 preorder discounts.

I know you can change the address on unshipped stuff because I DID ONE A WEEK AGO. And now the system has been ~temporarily unavailable this last week~

can shoot them an email or call them if its getting close

theres a lot to like about futureshop but the site has been an obstacle for them moving into god tier imo

Leeness

can shoot them an email or call them if its getting close

theres a lot to like about futureshop but the site has been an obstacle for them moving into god tier imo

Yeah, I'll have to do that soon. I mean, I still have the mail redirect thing on...another couple months I think. Still. Haha

Also, BD is coming from Richmond. Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday :D

Yeah, I'll have to do that soon. I mean, I still have the mail redirect thing on...another couple months I think. Still. Haha

Also, BD is coming from Richmond. Should be here tomorrow or Wednesday :D
Both FS and BB don't have an actual online system, any changes such as billing, address, or canceling has to be done by phone manually.

Stage On

At least you guys can pull up your old orders on Futureshop. Ever since they updated their site none of my existing orders come up anymore when I log into my account or search by the order number.

Tagg9

Best Buy/Future Shop must have thought Bravely Default released on a Tuesday. It's in the mail already and will be at my door tomorrow.

Jinto

Damn, should have pre-ordered Bravely Default from Future Shop. Looks like most of you are gonna get it early. At least it doesn't look like EB has raised their prices for the CE, not yet anyway.

i-Jest

At least you guys can pull up your old orders on Futureshop. Ever since they updated their site none of my existing orders come up anymore when I log into my account or search by the order number.

Hmmm, that's probably similar to them deleting order history if you fail to log in a certain number of times. You can contact them regarding it, They should be able to restore it.

Zing

Banned
Any deals on Lego the movie the game? It hits today and I will buy it either today or tomorrow.

Also, I haven't seen any mention of a pre order bonus for Bravely Default from any store. I see people mentioning special outfits. Where do you get this bonus?

Top Bottom