• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
Did it come with a Club Nintendo Code?

Considering there was an intent to buy survey, I would expect so :p

edit: yay replying to posts on pages that haven't been refreshed for 20 minutes

Is that the case from the collector's edition? I could probably be convinced to spend $10 more for the extra goodies, but if the cartridge case has "not for resale" on it somewhere, then no deal.

The UPC appears to be all 0s, so I expect that pretty much means that. The real UPC is probably on the outer box.

daevv

Local Targets shelf looked the same as Friday when the PS4 sale started. No restock this week. I'm holding out for Tomb Raider as the Xbox One version is there. I'm gonna see if I can get a rain-check tomorrow for the $35 price.

ohlawd

The other nine times out of ten you would then be whining that BB/FS waited to ship until the release date. Ask the people who preordered the PS4 from that company how fast their items were shipped out.
nah that's what my EB preorder is for.

Sora_N

Is that the case from the collector's edition? I could probably be convinced to spend $10 more for the extra goodies, but if the cartridge case has "not for resale" on it somewhere, then no deal.

I don't know what you mean by "this refers to Canada". It's clearly the Canadian releases since it has CAN in the part number on the cover.

There's a barcode underneath the sticker. A normal one.

MesH

Anyone having a problem logging into PSN right now, Cant't sign in on PS3, want to get next episode of Wolf, and PS4 wont load the Store either so I can download Outlast.

i-Jest

Bridgeport, Richmond Future Shop got a stack of new PS4s in stock this morning. Not sure if they are still there but if anyone is still searching maybe that's a good location to call.

Sora_N

Bravely defaulting all day all night.

Thanks Futureshop!

Did you play the demo?

I was able to get the villagers but not the item bonuses I think.

EDIT: Nevermind! Didn't realize that my bonuses were just random crap so it did actually work lol.

KJA

How are you guys getting Bravely Default so early? Isn't it supposed to be released on Friday?

BTW, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious that's all. I'm just happy I preordered it when E3 was around at FS.

Sora_N

How are you guys getting Bravely Default so early? Isn't it supposed to be released on Friday?

BTW, I'm not complaining, I'm just curious that's all. I'm just happy I preordered it when E3 was around at FS.

Best Buy shipped yesterday (my CE) and I got it this morning.

I also had an E3 order with FS, they were about to ship yesterday too but my CC expired.

KJA

Best Buy shipped yesterday (my CE) and I got it this morning.

I also had an E3 order with FS, they were about to ship yesterday too but my CC expired.

Lucky!

I was thinking of getting the Collector's Edition but since I already had a preorder made for the regular edition (with a pretty good discount), I guess I didn't think it was worth it for me to pay the difference.

Jinto

This just popped up on my feed and thought you guys might be interested. I haven't been paying attention to the price of it.

CwZrWK5.png

http://www.ebgames.ca/nintendo-wii-u/games/the-wonderful-101/317375

EDIT: Yeah, what Haziq said. Also, save a bit more by PMing it.

By the time I saw this, EB was closed. Future shop and Best Buy Too, so I went to Walmart and got it price matched there. Thanks!

Sora_N

Lucky!

I was thinking of getting the Collector's Edition but since I already had a preorder made for the regular edition (with a pretty good discount), I guess I didn't think it was worth it for me to pay the difference.

I mainly wanted the AR cards (love those things, wish more games had them!) but I also lucked out on an unofficial deal which justified the purchase of the CE.

I'm screwed. I just found out this morning that futureshop decided to cancel my Bravely Default CE order. And now I just can't find it anywhere :( amazon, bestbuy, ebgame all sold out :(

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh, Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy is $45 everywhere, it seems

Speaking of Prof Layton, Futureshop cancelled my discounted E3 pre-order and when I contacted them about it they said that the game is "discontinued"... What is going on with that...? :/

zroid

Banned
Speaking of Prof Layton, Futureshop cancelled my discounted E3 pre-order and when I contacted them about it they said that the game is "discontinued"... What is going on with that...? :/

that's pretty messed up

hopefully contact them later after they realize it still exists and they'll manually discount it for you

Got my Tomb Raider raincheck at Target. Valid for 30 days. :)

Great news! I think none of the targets close to me was carrying it yet... I will assume that there is no chance for me to be able to get a raincheck? haha! (maybe I should call again, maybe one of them received a shipment this week!).

Hazu

Do you guys know if EB Games delivers on release day? My Bravely Default CE hasn't been shipped yet. Any chance I get it for friday?

Anyone preorder Drakengard 3, or it's collectors edition, on Square-Enix's website?

HELLS NO. It's Digital River, they'll find some way to screw you. They send all packages to Canada via UPS, so enjoy the extra brokerage fees on top of the shipping costs and exchange rate! I'll just buy this digital if I think it's worth it, which I'm not sure about (JPN reviews seem middling).

Do you guys know if EB Games delivers on release day? My Bravely Default CE hasn't been shipped yet. Any chance I get it for friday?

Went back to old shipping notice (have not ordered there in a year) and I was receiving shipping notice for Purolator the day before release and my games would get here on release day.

I think once I got a game a day later. People who ordered there recently might be able to give you a more accurate answer!

daevv

Great news! I think none of the targets close to me was carrying it yet... I will assume that there is no chance for me to be able to get a raincheck? haha! (maybe I should call again, maybe one of them received a shipment this week!).

I knew the guy working in electronics and even though there was no tag for TR on the shelf he found it in the system for $35. He said they haven't gotten any copies since it came out and suggested getting a raincheck before I had a chance to ask. :)

Went back to old shipping notice (have not ordered there in a year) and I was receiving shipping notice for Purolator the day before release and my games would get here on release day.

I think once I got a game a day later. People who ordered there recently might be able to give you a more accurate answer!

Of all the online retailers I've purchased from, EB has actually been the best and fastest. I'd get a shipping email one day and it would arrive the next from Ontario.

Sora_N

HELLS NO. It's Digital River, they'll find some way to screw you. They send all packages to Canada via UPS, so enjoy the extra brokerage fees on top of the shipping costs and exchange rate! I'll just buy this digital if I think it's worth it, which I'm not sure about (JPN reviews seem middling).

I actually didn't pay anything for my Ni no Kuni, think I was really lucky.

Anyways I got a package today from Canada Post, my front door is blocked due to the sewage repairs and the mailman was nice enough to come in from my backyard. Saves me a trip down there.

daevv

I actually didn't pay anything for my Ni no Kuni, think I was really lucky.

I remember actually contacting UPS on my Ni No Kuni special edition order from them. I asked about brokerage fees and was told it was already taken care of. I relaxed after hearing that. :)

i-Jest

I am scared to when I read the topic of its announcement... (and still debating between CE and normal) However, Ni No Kuni went ok for me last year!

Did you order?

I did. Back in mid December. Preordered the normal addition.

I've been having second thoughts about it for the past little bit. I haven't been paying much attention to reviews. I here performance wise it still needed some work. Frame rate issues being the main concern.

Ryne

BB hasn't charged me for my CE of BD, so I don't think I'll get it on time. Amazon hasn't charged me either.

I should pre-order in the store if I want these things on release day, but my extreme laziness always takes over.

Top Bottom