• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

zroid

Banned
So based on the lack of response to my earlier post, I take it everyone who's had their BD copies ship early is in the West?

At first I suspected they were shipping every unit out of Mississauga for whatever reason (maybe stock was too limited to split across two warehouses?), but since that's not the case, maybe there was simply a mix-up at the Richmond warehouse, and they thought the game was releasing today.

zeitgeist

I ordered BD from Toronto and Futureshop and I haven't received a shipping notice either.
Hoping it comes before the weekend at least but who knows.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This just popped up on my feed and thought you guys might be interested. I haven't been paying attention to the price of it.

CwZrWK5.png

http://www.ebgames.ca/nintendo-wii-u/games/the-wonderful-101/317375

EDIT: Yeah, what Haziq said. Also, save a bit more by PMing it.

Yes. It's $29.99 on the American site.

This is why, "I never buy games at full price anyway," doesn't mean you don't get affected by the price hike.

Amazing that they bump it up by five dollars even at the 30 dollar price point. Grrrrrrrrr.

If I pay too much attention to this obvious price gouging due to the dollar rising, I'll be raging daily. Frustrating that our government doesn't step in to monitor this kind of garbage.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member

You're a good man.

:).

I just bought it at work haha. I hate EB though, I called before hand to ask to put it on hold. Instead of just telling me if they had a new copy first, it was like this:

"We have it for $29.99 used. Do you want me to put it on hold?"
"No. What about new?"
"It's $34.99 new, but with this you're saving and if you have an edge card you can get blah blah"
"No just put the new one on hold thanks"

lol.

:).

I just bought it at work haha. I hate EB though, I called before hand to ask to put it on hold. Instead of just telling me if they had a new copy first, it was like this:

"We have it for $29.99 used. Do you want me to put it on hold?"
"No. What about new?"
"It's $34.99 new, but with this you're saving and if you have an edge card you can get blah blah"
"No just put the new one on hold thanks"

lol.

Sounds like the guy was just trying to save you a few bucks. Don't see the huge deal. Especially if he ended up putting the new one on hold.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Sounds like the guy was just trying to save you a few bucks. Don't see the huge deal. Especially if he ended up putting the new one on hold.

I know but I asked if they had a new copy first, but he kept insisting on the used copy.

They make more money on used games.

Tempted to get it but it might end up like Pandora's Tower, dropping to sub-20 with ample stock while my full-price day 1 copy sits sealed.

Sora_N

I got my BD Collector's andddddddd of course they shipped it in a bubble envelope just to destroy the beautiful box. Argh..

2014-02-04115937_zpsf44431f1.jpg

1337Sauce

Ordered my Bravely Default Collector's Edition at FS online, but it still hasn't shipped yet. Should I be getting worried? Do you guys think they will get any in store because if so I will just cancel online and go early Friday morning.

Sora_N

I HATE MY LIFE SO MUCH. I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE DONE ANOTHER PREORDER AT BB/FS.

Lol I don't even have time to play it, just happy to get it early despite it being damaged. Since I only paid like $26 I don't think I'm gonna bother exchanging or anything also because I have no time to deal with that.

MarkusRJR

Just be happy you didn't order the LR: FFXIII CE via the Square Enix Store (powered by dog shi-errrr... Digital River). They took my Paypal money but never gave me an order confirmation and I still don't even know if it went through or if I have to do a PayPal claim.

Plus their website is dog shit. Checking out with Paypal led to a loop where it would continually ask for confirmation on details and when you confirm them (the only thing on the page) it just refreshes the page. After two hours waiting for an email from customer service I tried manually checking out (which requires you make an Square Enix account that only works on FFXIV and f2p games) and it somehow worked... Or at least I think it did. It took my money at least.

TLDR: Digital River is shit.

Sora_N

Speaking of LR, didn't they say there will be a free Japanese voice patch later or something?

For FFXIII and 2 I bought the Chinese versions to get the Japanese audio, so I may not have to do that this time lol.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Speaking of LR, didn't they say there will be a free Japanese voice patch later or something?

For FFXIII and 2 I bought the Chinese versions to get the Japanese audio, so I may not have to do that this time lol.
WHAT? Wow. First time for everything.

MarkusRJR

What really? That'd be awesome. It'll probably be weird after hearing the English cast so long, but god damn anything is better than the slightly below average English VA.

DJ_Lae

it's worth buying it at this price or should i wait for another price drop

My magic price will be about $20 from what I've played of the game (demo plus a few levels of the full version). Libraries here have a ton of copies and they aren't particularly in demand, not sure if it's the same where you're at.

I had the game for months, renewed it a couple of times and never really felt compelled to continue. Didn't much care for the camera angle, the controls are a little awkward and the levels go on a bit long.

I think I'm in the minority though.

btkadams

So based on the lack of response to my earlier post, I take it everyone who's had their BD copies ship early is in the West?

At first I suspected they were shipping every unit out of Mississauga for whatever reason (maybe stock was too limited to split across two warehouses?), but since that's not the case, maybe there was simply a mix-up at the Richmond warehouse, and they thought the game was releasing today.

i didn't see your previous post, but mine has apparently shipped early from the west. i didn't even know it was early until i saw your post actually.

Zing

Banned

The other nine times out of ten you would then be whining that BB/FS waited to ship until the release date. Ask the people who preordered the PS4 from that company how fast their items were shipped out.

Zing

Banned
I wonder if this refers to Canada.

2014-02-04153813_zps21d538f4.jpg

Is that the case from the collector's edition? I could probably be convinced to spend $10 more for the extra goodies, but if the cartridge case has "not for resale" on it somewhere, then no deal.

I don't know what you mean by "this refers to Canada". It's clearly the Canadian releases since it has CAN in the part number on the cover.

mr.rager

Anyone have any idea how the PS4 stock is now? Local EB had a sign that said PS4s in stock but when I went in and asked, they had none lol.

Anyone have any idea how the PS4 stock is now? Local EB had a sign that said PS4s in stock but when I went in and asked, they had none lol.

It's constantly being restocked everywhere, but they sell out pretty quickly!
So you might need to check every now and then until you're lucky to find one!
Even on Kijiji I see some people selling them new for like $10-20 more than retail which is not so bad considering it's oos!

Top Bottom