• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
that's pretty messed up

hopefully contact them later after they realize it still exists and they'll manually discount it for you

That's because the preorder is for the english-only version, and they don't want to ship it to Quebec. I wouldn't mind getting the french one, but it's not on their website, so I simply lost my E3 discount for the game. Thank you, Futureshop...

zroid

Banned
Looks like I was charged for my BD CE so I guess it'll ship tomorrow. Hope I get it on Friday.

That's because the preorder is for the english-only version, and they don't want to ship it to Quebec. I wouldn't mind getting the french one, but it's not on their website, so I simply lost my E3 discount for the game. Thank you, Futureshop...

ughhh -__-

If they ever list a bilingual/french version at least you might have some leverage there. It's not like they had two listings when you pre-ordered it, so...

My Futureshop BD CE arrived today. Came in a bubble wrap envelope, and while I'm happy it got here a couple days early, there's definitely some damage. C'est la vie.

They really need to fix that stuff... Many times I had to go with Amazon because of that exact reason (when I would have went with FS first). The law states that you can sell an English only product if there is no version with french on it! Anyway, they could just not care like a few places seem to do.

frequency

During the Ni No Kuni thing, some people had Digital River take the brokerage fee and others didn't. So it's a gamble with them I guess.

Got my Tomb Raider raincheck at Target. Valid for 30 days. :)

Same here, got a raincheck for Tomb Raider and the guy told me they only give a raincheck for one title per customer! I didn't need any other games any way!
Also put a preorder for Infamous Second Son CE at EB in-store since FS/BB don't seem to carry it!

Probably a silly question to be asking but if I order a book or game from Amazon, do I have to be home to answer the door or will they just put it through my letterbox? I know it was the case when I ordered from Future Shop a couple of times.

Probably a silly question to be asking but if I order a book or game from Amazon, do I have to be home to answer the door or will they just put it through my letterbox? I know it was the case when I ordered from Future Shop a couple of times.

They will just put it through your letterbox

daevv

Same here, got a raincheck for Tomb Raider and the guy told me they only give a raincheck for one title per customer! I didn't need any other games any way!
Also put a preorder for Infamous Second Son CE at EB in-store since FS/BB don't seem to carry it!

Sweet! Lets hope they get them within the 30 days. :)

mdubs

Banned

It depends, if they ship through Canada Post they will put in in the superbox but Amazon also often ships through UPS so you'll need to answer the door for that.

xclaw

Anyone know of a retail store in Vancouver that sell Everdrive carts? Heading down this weekend and if they're obtainable locally I'd be interested before an online order.

zroid

Banned
FS shipped my E3 copy... still waiting for BB to ship my CE. :x

edit: scratch that, BB has shipped it! Just hasn't sent an email notification yet.

--

Oh and I'm not sure if this is old news, but for those hoping Amazon would continue honouring US prices...

De0PbIV.png

Jinto

Just got a call from EB Games letting me know my Bravely Default CE can be picked up tomorrow.

I'm looking to buy a 64gb vita memory card. I found one on Ebay for $127 CAD. Anyone know where I can get one for cheaper?

Just got a call from EB Games letting me know my Bravely Default CE can be picked up tomorrow.

I'm looking to buy a 64gb vita memory card. I found one on Ebay for $127 CAD. Anyone know where I can get one for cheaper?

I bought one on yesasia that came out to around$110. Still haven't received it though.

Found it, thanks! Yeah, that looks to be the cheapest. Still a better deal than buying a 32gb one here. Do they give you a tracking number?

I paid for the slow shipping which doesn't have tracking. They do have an option with a tracking number though. Wish I went with that now.

mdubs

Banned
Found it, thanks! Yeah, that looks to be the cheapest. Still a better deal than buying a 32gb one here. Do they give you a tracking number?

I bought one from Nippon-Yasan a week ago for $121 EMS shipping included, it'll be arriving tomorrow. The card itself was around 9,350 yen I think, pretty good experience so far we'll see how it turns up tomorrow.

Here's hoping there will be some BD CE's in-store tomorrow. Otherwise I'll have to cross my fingers that people don't pick up their EB pre-orders.

Jinto

I paid for the slow shipping which doesn't have tracking. They do have an option with a tracking number though. Wish I went with that now.

I bought one from Nippon-Yasan a week ago for $121 EMS shipping included, it'll be arriving tomorrow. The card itself was around 9,350 yen I think, pretty good experience so far we'll see how it turns up tomorrow.

Just bought one from yesasia and used the Express shipping option. It costs about $15 more, but it's worth it to have the tracking. We'll see how it turns out. Thanks, guys!

Vamphuntr

I thought people in this thread already knew that preordering at Amazon Canada isn't best idea if you want a game on its release date. Most of the time I preordered a game there it arrived 3-4 days later. I would guess it's now worse because they've brought Prime to Canada. Orders from Amazon used to arrive in 1-2 days to me after ordering by Canada Post and now it sometimes take 4+ since I don't have prime.

EB shipped my BD CE by Purolator and according to the tracking it should arrive tomorrow. Hopefully Purolator doesn't fail me.

The NIS store charged me yesterday for the Dangan Ronpa LE but has yet to ship it :(

Returners

holy shiet just checked my BB RZ crap and I have $105 in certs. $40 expires mid-March. What to get...

I would get PSN cards, they don't qualify for double points if you're a Gamer's Club member. Buying games with certs reduces the amount of points earned (which is then doubled)

zroid

Banned
I would get PSN cards, they don't qualify for double points if you're a Gamer's Club member. Buying games with certs reduces the amount of points earned (which is then doubled)

Not 100% on this, but if I recall correctly, when you use RZ certs to purchase games, though you do not earn points on the value of the vouchers, you are credited for the full value of the games with respect to the Gamer's Club bonus.

So if you buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 certificate, for example, you'll get 39 points + 59 points.

ohlawd

Not 100% on this, but if I recall correctly, when you use RZ certs to purchase games, though you do not earn points on the value of the vouchers, you are credited for the full value of the games with respect to the Gamer's Club bonus.

So if you buy a $59.99 game and use a $20 certificate, for example, you'll get 39 points + 59 points.
lol I'll found out next month.

Okay, the lack of trade in deals at Best Buy/Future Shop is starting to get silly. What happened to the 'trade 2 select games for a new release' deal?

Top Bottom