• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Lexxism

Okay, the lack of trade in deals at Best Buy/Future Shop is starting to get silly. What happened to the 'trade 2 select games for a new release' deal?

Someone said that they lost a lot of money due the trade 1 PS4/XB1 game for $40 GC. Probably the reason why there's no trade deal happening.

I was waiting for this week-end to decide if I pre-order Toukiden at FS. Was 39.99$ the whole time ( I know I could have pre-ordered and cancel), up to this week last time i checked. Now it's at 44.99$, fuck off, price drop it is! Maybe I am wrong but I have a huge feeling that in the end they will lose more money by raising the prices, I know a lot of people who will refuse to pay those new prices.

Edit: amazon kept Toukiden and DanganRonpa at 39.99$, but fuck UPS! (bitch mode is totally activated! haha)

btkadams

ugh when the hell is target going to restock tomb raider? i checked best buy and futureshop too and they're all still sold out. did square ship only one shipment and think that would be enough?

frequency

I was waiting for this week-end to decide if I pre-order Toukiden at FS. Was 39.99$ the whole time ( I know I could have pre-ordered and cancel), up to this week last time i checked. Now it's at 44.99$, fuck off, price drop it is! Maybe I am wrong but I have a huge feeling that in the end they will lose more money by raising the prices, I know a lot of people who will refuse to pay those new prices.

Edit: amazon kept Toukiden and DanganRonpa at 39.99$, but fuck UPS! (bitch mode is totally activated! haha)

Both are $39.99 at VGP too. They use Canada Post last time I ordered.

But I haven't been back since the hack. I don't know if you'll be able to overlook that to get non-hiked price and to avoid UPS.

mdubs

Banned
Someone said that they lost a lot of money due the trade 1 PS4/XB1 game for $40 GC. Probably the reason why there's no trade deal happening.

Maybe, but I have a feeling its more likely just because the company is just having trouble overall, especially with those huge layoffs last week. Hopefully they rebound, a healthy Future Shop is good for everyone.

daevv

ugh when the hell is target going to restock tomb raider? i checked best buy and futureshop too and they're all still sold out. did square ship only one shipment and think that would be enough?

Seems like it. I checked a few times during the sale last week and not only did they not get Tomb Raider but they didn't get any PS4 games restocked while they were on sale. A few were sold out during the first few days too.

Luigi87

Game deliveries to Target is weird (at least the one I work at).
My store never got a single copy of Tomb Raider definitive yet.

Also once we got a box which contained ONE COPY of CoD: Ghosts for the XONE... Not that we were short on copies.

btkadams

Seems like it. I checked a few times during the sale last week and not only did they not get Tomb Raider but they didn't get any PS4 games restocked while they were on sale. A few were sold out during the first few days too.

i asked target on twitter:
Je5xWmY.jpg

My Bravely Default CE and regular came in the mail today at the same time.

I got the regular edition from FS during the E3 sale last year, and would like to return it since I have the CE now, but how do I process an online order from FS? there's no order slip inside bubble wrap envelope that It was shipped in.

I got the regular edition from FS during the E3 sale last year, and would like to return it since I have the CE now, but how do I process an online order from FS? there's no order slip inside bubble wrap envelope that It was shipped in.

Print your online order details

Print your online order details

Thanks, I figured it would have to be that, but I just wasn't sure if the fact that there was no order slip in the envelope was intentional or accidental.

...now to figure out how to print this since my printer crapped out due to the icestorm. :(

btkadams

there's a receipt for the purchase inside the order page when you look it up on their website. you don't need it though. if you go to futureshop with the game and your credit card, they swipe the card and your order comes up on the screen.
Thanks, I figured it would have to be that, but I just wasn't sure if the fact that there was no order slip in the envelope was intentional or accidental.

...now to figure out how to print this since my printer crapped out due to the icestorm. :(

yeah, don't worry about it printing it. just bring the game and the card used to purchase it.

there's a receipt for the purchase inside the order page when you look it up on their website. you don't need it though. if you go to futureshop with the game and your credit card, they swipe the card and your order comes up on the screen.

yeah, don't worry about it printing it. just bring the game and the card used to purchase it.

Well that sounds good. Thanks! :)

Hmm, my own Bravely Default CE order is still in Processing status.
And there's no online stock.

This ain't looking good.

Not sure where you ordered from but I was really nervous about my ebgames.ca order and I just now received a shipping notice. I know others received their notice and charge yesterday so this might be a location thing. Hope your order goes smoothly.

Megasoum

Banned
I love you guys, I really do...but I gotta say that I can't wait for the game to come out so that this thread is no longer the Canadian OT for BD!

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.

They probably lost a shit ton of money. I saw people bringing in games that no-one on the planet has bought for a good 5 or 6 years (i.e. GT5 Prologue), and walking out with several copies of BF4, CoD, and ACIV.

They are going to be literally stuck with a massive inventory of unwanted software.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They probably lost a shit ton of money. I saw people bringing in games that no-one on the planet has bought for a good 5 or 6 years (i.e. GT5 Prologue), and walking out with several copies of BF4, CoD, and ACIV.

They are going to be literally stuck with a massive inventory of unwanted software.
Those were two different offers. The other one was trading in a "next gen" game for 40 bucks.

But yeah, they got nailed either way. lol

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I'm in the same boat...we might as well just get ready and make the LTTP thread when the game comes. =(
Well I don't know what happened but I magically got my copy in the mail after the estimated date said 14th. It just switched early this morning.

I'll think of all of you while playing it!

chrono01

Has anyone's pre-order for Bravely Default [CE] shipped from amazon.ca?

I pre-ordered way back when it was initially announced, and it still hasn't been sent out [despite the website having stock of the Regular Edition]. ~_~

Well I don't know what happened but I magically got my copy in the mail after the estimated date said 14th. It just switched early this morning.

I'll think of all of you while playing it!

Aww, my copy is still in transit from Richmond, no idea when it'll show up in Calgary. Hopefully it doesn't take the entire week though, lol. Have fun with your copy, I'll be jumping in next week!

frequency

I pre-ordered way back when it was initially announced, and it still hasn't been sent out [despite the website having stock of the Regular Edition]. ~_~

Sounds like the typical Amazon.ca pre-order experience. I wouldn't be too worried about it yet.

ooPo

Neo Member

Mine shipped this morning from amazon.ca, I preordered it on Dec 3rd.

Tracking # for Bravely Default says "successfully delivered," but I haven't received anything...

IIRC they mass-update all the orders with "successfully delivered" before they actually go out and deliver them. Doesn't make much sense to individually mark it after each delivery.

Cactus

Banned
IIRC they mass-update all the orders with "successfully delivered" before they actually go out and deliver them. Doesn't make much sense to individually mark it after each delivery.
That makes sense. I'm just worried because my mail is usually delivered by 2:00 EST. I guess the heavy snowfall is causing some delays.

zroid

Banned

That used to happen to me for ages, but since a few months ago, I actually get accurate delivery notifications!

Oh and I just got my CE (bubble mailer), but it's in perfect condition, almost. Lucked out.

Sora_N

I just won a PS4, what's the best deal on Knack (so far I only see PriceMatch at BB/FS against EB for the 39.99)? Don't really want anything else lol. I have AC4 on PS3, can upgrade for $10 for the PS4 version.

Palehorse

I just won a PS4, what's the best deal on Knack (so far I only see PriceMatch at BB/FS against EB for the 39.99)? Don't really want anything else lol. I have AC4 on PS3, can upgrade for $10 for the PS4 version.

The code in my PS3 version of AC4 to upgrade to the PS4 version expired on Jan 31st, so if you haven't entered yours yet you may want to check that.

DJ_Lae

I just got an e-mail half an hour ago saying it shipped.

So it should be here Monday night, as per usual.

DJ_Lae

Nice!

I sent Amazon an email just in-case. I need my CE already! >_<

I still don't entirely know why I bought the CE, but I really enjoyed the demo and figured why the hell not?

We'll see if I regret that decision, although judging by the price it's bumped up to I can probably make my $10 back and then some by selling the extras (if I wanted to).

chrono01

I still don't entirely know why I bought the CE, but I really enjoyed the demo and figured why the hell not?

We'll see if I regret that decision, although judging by the price it's bumped up to I can probably make my $10 back and then some by selling the extras (if I wanted to).
Haha, no worries man. Purchasing the CE was definitely the wise choice. As you said, if you don't want/need all of the extra items, you could easily sell them to another to make up for the difference in-cost.

I hope your copy arrives damage-free. All of the posts in the OT have me a bit worried.

DJ_Lae

Amazon's been pretty good about packaging for me, though I'm also a sucker who shelled out for Prime so I don't know if I get special treatment. I hear a lot of bad things about Amazon, but most of them seem to relate to UPS.

I like my UPS guy, he delivers stuff at a consistent 5:30-6:00pm every time, and I'm always home by then.

Jinto

I thought my Bravely Default CE box would be safe, since I got it in-store at EB Games. Just took it out of the bag and the corner of the box is all bent. :(

Top Bottom