• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Ondore

Richmond B.C they are all full service or at least it used to be. Some bylaw they had/have.

I just placed an order on Amazon the other day and both items are apparently shipping to me in Nova Scotia from BC. mrgrgr

So targets new flyer has DK Wii U @ $59.99

damn son

I believe Target did the same thing with Puppeteer which had a $40 MSRP. Standard procedure for that lot.

Also, why is Paypal assuming an exchange rate of $1USD=$0.87 Canadian when the dollar's at $1/$0.90? Hopefully that comes out in the wash, because it's noticeable on a $100 US purchase. Thanks for the heads up on YesAsia, btw - 64GB card should be here in time for FFX/X-2 HD.

Lexxism

Also, why is Paypal assuming an exchange rate of $1USD=$0.87 Canadian when the dollar's at $1/$0.90? Hopefully that comes out in the wash, because it's noticeable on a $100 US purchase. Thanks for the heads up on YesAsia, btw - 64GB card should be here in time for FFX/X-2 HD.

I noticed that too whenever I'm using paypal. It's even worse when the CAD is much higher than USD. I think it was like 1 USD = 0.98 CAD

zroid

Banned
Paypal takes a cut from the exchange rate, just like credit institutions. I think Paypal might take a little bit more though, not sure.

MARNEY

Ps4 available online now at the source & walmart
http://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogaming/consoles/ps4/
The source has a 25$ gift card promo as well.
aLS1IZD.jpg

I noticed that too whenever I'm using paypal. It's even worse when the CAD is much higher than USD. I think it was like 1 USD = 0.98 CAD

You have the option of using your credit card exchange rate instead before checking out.

MARNEY

Walmart only has their $568 bundles available. They've been pissing me off since their site has been saying my local WalMart has PS4's in stock when they don't (for 2 days now!).

Ordered from the Source, no bundle bullshit. Yay, finally got one!
Did you get the gift card?
aLS1IZD.jpg

LakeEarth

Shit, didn't see it.

EDIT - Called them and they added the gift card without issue. Bonus! Maybe I'll use that $25 to buy their extended warranty.

MARNEY

Shit, didn't see it.

EDIT - Called them and they added the gift card without issue. Bonus! Maybe I'll use that $25 to buy their extended warranty.
Check out the extended warranty on the ps store. Best deal around IMO, 2 extra years with accidental coverage for 50$ or 60$...

Jayhawk

Anybody here have experience ordering games from the Square Enix online store? I am thinking about getting the FFX/X-2 HD remaster Collector's Edition that is exclusive to their store, but I am skeptical about their delivery service to Canada.

Anybody here have experience ordering games from the Square Enix online store? I am thinking about getting the FFX/X-2 HD remaster Collector's Edition that is exclusive to their store, but I am skeptical about their delivery service to Canada.

Digital River is supposed to be the worst thing ever. So expect that I guess.

frequency

Digital River is pretty slow but what isn't to Canada?

For bigger things like CEs they will definitely use a courier no matter which shipping option you choose so expect fees at the door.

For the Ni No Kuni CE (Namco Bandai, not Square Enix) they paid for some people's brokerage but that was a lucky one time thing. Receivers of both FFXIV:ARR and Lightning Returns CEs have paid additional fees at the door.

Their customer service is terrible and either can't read English or purposely pretend they can't. They will encourage you to call their non-toll free number to resolve issues if you have to email them more than once and even then will often not give you a straight answer or really say anything useful.

I've not seen anything about lost packages but there have been delays of 6+ weeks for people.

isny

napkin dispenser
Fuck. Already sold out online.

I looked at one in store, and as far as I can tell, it's not a new internal battery, it's the stand thingy you have to have clipped on to get the extra battery.

If anyone knows otherwise though, please do tell.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I looked at one in store, and as far as I can tell, it's not a new internal battery, it's the stand thingy you have to have clipped on to get the extra battery.

If anyone knows otherwise though, please do tell.

Urgh... Not even worth the $10 then, IMO.

Anth0ny

Did anyone's Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze ship from Future Shop yet?

I pre-ordered during E3 last year... hoping it arrives tomorrow.

chrono01

I pre-ordered during the same time-frame and mine shipped yesterday.

Here's hoping I have it tomorrow so I can enjoy it over the weekend!

chrono01

I still haven't received my CE of Lightning returns. Granted I didn't go for the "express" option, since it was so much more expensive, but still. :/

kasane

FINALLY THERE IS A PS4 ON THE SOURCE

On one hand if i pull the plug now the 10% discount from superstore would be gone, decisions decisions.

Edit: Do you guys think ps4s price would go up? if so i might buy now and live it here at home

Fularu

Banned

Not yet :(

And FS canceled my Professor Layton preorder claiming that the game won't have a dual language cover. Knowing Nintendo, that makes no sense.

chrono01

Not a good look, Square Enix/Digital River!
Yeah, not terribly impressed. :(

I received my Ni no Kuni: Wizard's Edition fine, though [aside from the stress involved] as well as the CE of FFXIV: ARR [PC]. I was hoping the same would apply here.

To make matters worse, I have yet another pre-order with them [Drakengard 3]. I really wish they made that one available through regular means, I hate using Digital River. It's for this reason that I ordered the OST for A Realm Reborn through CDJapan.

CKB3375

For those of you looking for PS4 game deals, Walmart has Tomb Raider, Killzone, Black Flag and Battlefield on for $49.99 starting tomorrow. Definitely not the best deals we've seen but it's something. The Xbox One version of COD Ghost is on sale for $39.99 too. No indication if the PS4 version is included in that but it doesn't look like it.

I'm still waiting for target to stock up on Tomb Raider PS4 so that I can use the rain check I got for $35!
Also going to cancel my EB in-store preorder for Infamous CE after they pushed it to $90, already put another one for $80 at Amazon!

Speaking of Amazon, do you guys know if Amazon.ca allows you to add other people to your prime membership as you can do with Amazon.com, I see people share the benefits and split the cost which is not a bad idea in my opinion :)

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My DK shipped today, but I'll only receive it on the 24th according to Canada Post's tracking estimate. :/

And I also got that "dual language" cancellation on Prof Layton...

Canon

Banned
FS is slow as shit. I'm going to buy a copy and then return the mailed one once it arrives. As long as it's sealed, it shall work.

Vamphuntr

Tracking shows that I should receive my Dangan Ronpa CE tomorrow. Hopefully it's not too crushed and I won't have to pay too much duties.

It's so random whether or not I get to pay taxes or duties on stuff from the US :S

For those of you looking for PS4 game deals, Walmart has Tomb Raider, Killzone, Black Flag and Battlefield on for $49.99 starting tomorrow. Definitely not the best deals we've seen but it's something. The Xbox One version of COD Ghost is on sale for $39.99 too. No indication if the PS4 version is included in that but it doesn't look like it.

hmm not too bad

MercuryLS

Banned

$40 for Tomb Raider and I would have bit :/

Jinto

Speaking of Amazon, do you guys know if Amazon.ca allows you to add other people to your prime membership as you can do with Amazon.com, I see people share the benefits and split the cost which is not a bad idea in my opinion :)

If they had that option, I would totally be down. I have like 20 items sitting in my cart right now.

Top Bottom