• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Mike Works working dat grip?

I have that PDP grip and I don't like it, but I'm not in Toronto. For what it's worth, I've tried both it and the Nyko battery grip and haven't liked either.

xclaw

Wonder if BB will price match the Amazon Vita cradle... I've always wanted that and 10$ is about my fair price.

Rayman Legends PS4 goes for $40 on PSN and $45 in retail, bought it last night and decided I'm gonna return my retail copy when it's delivered today!
If FS enforced the 1/3 the price off of the new price I'd have kept the retail copy but now that they didn't, I like to have that game digitally plus supporting Sony's awesome store!

Edit: oops just noticed the last post was mine -_-

Sora_N

Sorry shipping story!

Fuck Purolator.

I bought Toukiden from EB's site, it shipped last week and I still didn't get it yet.

I check tracking number and it said "Appointment required for delivery. Receiver will be contacted to reschedule delivery". The problem is, my street has some sewer construction going on so no one can access my front door.

Basically Purolator said they had 2 missed deliveries already, and there was no answer. I said it was absurd, there's construction going on and the driver probably didn't bother to try to get to my door.

He said they are sending it back to EB now already anyways....dammit.

I guess I'm not gonna play this game.

On the other hand, when I called EB to confirm that I will be refunded at no charge, the guy was super nice. I wish the company itself didn't suck.

I'm sitting at home waiting all day for UPS today too, I think my PS4 is being delivered. Damn these companies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sorry shipping story!

Fuck Purolator.

I bought Toukiden from EB's site, it shipped last week and I still didn't get it yet.

I check tracking number and it said "Appointment required for delivery. Receiver will be contacted to reschedule delivery". The problem is, my street has some sewer construction going on so no one can access my front door.

Basically Purolator said they had 2 missed deliveries already, and there was no answer. I said it was absurd, there's construction going on and the driver probably didn't bother to try to get to my door.

He said they are sending it back to EB now already anyways....dammit.

I guess I'm not gonna play this game.

On the other hand, when I called EB to confirm that I will be refunded at no charge, the guy was super nice. I wish the company itself didn't suck.

I'm sitting at home waiting all day for UPS today too, I think my PS4 is being delivered. Damn these companies.

And this is why couriers (for private residences) are terrible!

Yeah. The Canada Post people actually have legs from walking around, they actually still deliver my mail.

Yeah, CP walks up to our front door to put a "we missed you" note on it!

And they've been delivering lots of mail to the wrong address lately too (we get stuff that's not ours).

I don't think I'll miss home delivery when it gets phased out.

Sora_N

And they've been delivering lots of mail to the wrong address lately too (we get stuff that's not ours).

I haven't had issues like that but it sucks it's happened to you. My mailman is not bad.

zroid

Banned

I've always found it really suspicious that I tend to get neighbours' mail quite regularly (like one item per month on average), but none of my neighbours ever seem to drop off my wrongly delivered mail. Am I really that lucky that all my mail arrives as intended? Or are my neighbours just being asshats?

espher

This happened to me all the time (esp. when I was doing shift work and deliveries were on my day off) until I actually caught the guy and he told me he just assumed nobody was home because there was no car in the driveway.

evanmisha

This is precisely why I get my mail carrier a bottle of wine every major holiday. She remembers it!

DJ_Lae

I thought about gifts for my mail carrier but decided against it - we've had multiple too, it's not the same person every time.

The UPS guy I feel is more deserving of a gift card or present, as he's insanely consistent. My deliveries always come 5:30-6:00pm, after I'm home from work, and there's no service road or anything so he has to park in the right lane and rush my stuff to the door.

I've always found it really suspicious that I tend to get neighbours' mail quite regularly (like one item per month on average), but none of my neighbours ever seem to drop off my wrongly delivered mail. Am I really that lucky that all my mail arrives as intended? Or are my neighbours just being asshats?

We just put wrongly delivered mail out by our mailbox so the mailman picks it up to be delivered correctly. Your neighbours probably do the same thing.

zroid

Banned
We just put wrongly delivered mail out by our mailbox so the mailman picks it up to be delivered correctly. Your neighbours probably do the same thing.

Well the address is wrong usually. It gets delivered to me 'cause it's my postal code with the wrong address, or something similar. It would probably just end up back in my box...

Om3ga

Why the fuck should anyone have to get booze for someone to do their job properly?
The same reason you tip your waiter/waitress, bell hop, pizza dilvery person etc. for doing their job properly. Good service should get rewarded. Though I don't tip the pizza man anymore... most places charge 4 bucks delivery as it is!

Sora_N

The same reason you tip your waiter/waitress, bell hop, pizza dilvery person etc. for doing their job properly. Good service should get rewarded. Though I don't tip the pizza man anymore... most places charge 4 bucks delivery as it is!

Yeah I tip 1-2 bucks for pizza if I feel like it but they already charge me and their store is 3 minutes away anyways by car.

Sora_N

I waited for 4 hours but it was worth it lol.

20140219_174600_zpsy65wsvzs.jpg

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Waiters/waitresses need those tips to make a decent wage. Might as well tip the bus driver for making it to the stop on time.

And it would be more akin to the waiter telling you the food is ready and to go pick it up; the bell hop opening the door but not taking your bags, and the pizza delivery person driving to your place and telling you to go to the car to get your own damn pizza.

I just bought The Wonderful 101 today! I was looking for a sealed copy of One Piece: Romance Dawn for 3DS, but no luck. :(

I did that too! Price-matched at Futureshop though since they had a stock so I got an extra 2 dollars off, I guess. Not much but still better than nothing....

Plus, they don't ship by Purolator....

Gxgear

Waiters/waitresses need those tips to make a decent wage. Might as well tip the bus driver for making it to the stop on time.

And it would be more akin to the waiter telling you the food is ready and to go pick it up; the bell hop opening the door but not taking your bags, and the pizza delivery person driving to your place and telling you to go to the car to get your own damn pizza.

Is it appropriate to tip gas station attendants (full service)? I've always wondered about that because my mother would hand out a couple quarters, but I'm scared that might come off as insulting.

zroid

Banned
Is it appropriate to tip gas station attendants (full service)? I've always wondered about that because my mother would hand out a couple quarters, but I'm scared that might come off as insulting.

My dad always does and it's been ingrained into me too. I tend to avoid full service stations as a result, lol.

Zing

Banned
I specifically go to the only gas station in Newmarket which does full service. The gas is usually a penny or two less expensive as well. I don't like to get my hands dirty pumping gas. I wouldn't mind so much if self-service pumps still had the handle lock to keep the fuel flowing without my having to stand there holding it like a moron. I never thought to tip.

iLLmAtlc

hey any vancouverites order from amazon.ca lately? do they ship from richmond now that they have a warehouse there or are they still being jerks and shipping from ontario?

WTF indeed, Major Nelson said in the press release it would be 24.99

Future Shop corrected the price, down to a more sensible $29.99 thankfully. The Canadian Microsoft Store is even better, it has the Headset Adapter For $24.99 and Headset for $79.99. Since its the Canadian site it must be CAD? I haven't ordered from them before.

Adapter: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...ne-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/productID.295569300

Headset: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset/productID.296588900

MarkusRJR

Future Shop corrected the price, down to a more sensible $29.99 thankfully. The Canadian Microsoft Store is even better, it has the Headset Adapter For $24.99 and Headset for $79.99. Since its the Canadian site it must be CAD? I haven't ordered from them before.

Adapter: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store...ne-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/productID.295569300

Headset: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msca/en_CA/pdp/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset/productID.296588900
Does the headset let me listen to game audio through it, or is it only for chatting purposes? It's honestly the only feature I miss from the PS4, when I tried it at a friend's place.

Jinto

I delivered pizza for about a year while I was going to school. I'm not sure how it works everywhere else, but here in Alberta, most delivery drivers don't get paid a regular wage. They get paid by delivery, which was like $2.50 at the time I was working. I averaged 2-3 deliveries per hour. Drivers have to use their own car and pay for their own gas. There's no overtime pay, benefits, etc. You only get paid once you make a delivery. If you can't make a delivery because no one was home, or the customer didn't have money, you're shit out of luck.

I loved making cash everyday, instead of waiting for a paycheck. During the year that I worked, my car broke down twice, I got into 3 accidents (one was my fault), and got several traffic tickets. All of which, I had to pay for myself. Minus the cost of all that, plus the gas, all of a sudden it wasn't so great anymore.

Anyways, not trying to tell anyone what they should or shouldn't do with their money. I just felt like I needed to let everyone know how it works.

Top Bottom