• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Tried to go buy The Last Of Us today at Erin Mills..

Didn't know games still sold out nowadays lol.. time to order off amazon

Is there any place in the Mississauga area that you guys think would have it?

Mikey Jr.

Tried to go buy The Last Of Us today at Erin Mills..

Didn't know games still sold out nowadays lol.. time to order off amazon

Is there any place in the Mississauga area that you guys think would have it?

Futureshops in the GTA have been sold out for a fucking long time.

I remember going the day after it was released to my FS in Brampton and it was already sold out, and another one near me.

I went home and got it off PSN, but whenever I went to FS or Target, it was never in stock.

Not sure what the fuck was up with that.

Quick

Banned
My local EB was supposed to put a copy on hold for me (was out of town unexpectedly), but they sold mine, thinking they'd get more in by the time I got back. Not the case, but they had a copy of the Collector's Edition, which is quite nice, so I took that.

On another note: I'm currently in the US. Finding a hotspot in this town is a dodo hunt, outside of my hotel. I'm tempted to just use my data and pay the $7.99/50MB roaming fee to get some data. I'm curious: how good is the data when roaming?

A heads up to anyone that ordered the unnamed Wii U Zelda through the Futureshop E3 sale:

The unnamed Zelda seems to have been collapsed into Windwaker HD. Where once I had one order consisting of 2013 games including Windwaker, and another for post-2013 games including the unnamed Zelda, now Windwaker is in both.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
On another note: I'm currently in the US. Finding a hotspot in this town is a dodo hunt, outside of my hotel. I'm tempted to just use my data and pay the $7.99/50MB roaming fee to get some data. I'm curious: how good is the data when roaming?
It's whatever the provider there (probably AT&T) gives you.
I found it funny how here it's "LTE" but there it's "4G" though.

Also, don't pay that fee. Just call your provider and ask for them to add a roaming plan ASAP. It's still not much, but 8 bucks for 50 megs seems ridiculous.

Quick

Banned
It's whatever the provider there (probably AT&T) gives you.
I found it funny how here it's "LTE" but there it's "4G" though.

Also, don't pay that fee. Just call your provider and ask for them to add a roaming plan ASAP. It's still not much, but 8 bucks for 50 megs seems ridiculous.

Hmm. Good point. Might just bite on whatever calling charge they bill me and buy a plan right now.

Just a heads up, Code of Princess for 3DS is $19.97 at future shop! I need to find something cheap to get that free shipping though XD
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=aa688747e474de8b383c19fe7e711e13en02

Also, Skylander's Spyro's Adventure Starter Pack (Nintendo 3DS) is $19.99 again if anyone missed it the first time around.
http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...01d09dbcc40ee4944cdd675en02&SearchPageIndex=1

Oh shit, is the Code of Princess deal instore as well?

Ondore

So my Project X Zone from Futureshop hasn't had a tracking update since it was in transit from Missisauga on Tuesday.

When do I start panicking and who do I call?

Madness

Seriously, this is so bizarre. I know it's a popular game, but it's just a PS3 game on cheap optical media.

I know... Wtf. I saw like 4-5 copies at a Walmart near me a few days ago. And I imagine if they still have so many, so must FS/best buy, EB Games, loading drugs, target or the tons of other stores.

A heads up to anyone that ordered the unnamed Wii U Zelda through the Futureshop E3 sale:

The unnamed Zelda seems to have been collapsed into Windwaker HD. Where once I had one order consisting of 2013 games including Windwaker, and another for post-2013 games including the unnamed Zelda, now Windwaker is in both.

Alright. Resolved for me. I was able to cancel one of the Windwakers in one of the orders, though I had to make two calls to do it. Also, this may not be possible for others, as each of my orders had 4 games in it, so when I had them remove Windwaker from one of the orders, it still had the 3 games necessary for the full discount.

Oh damn. I already sold my PS3. I should had bought the cable together with the headset when I ordered it.

You may have an appropriate cable lying around. It's just a garden variety USB to Mini USB cable. I had two sitting unused, still in twist ties in a basket of spare shit.

Lexxism

You may have an appropriate cable lying around. It's just a garden variety USB to Mini USB cable. I had two sitting unused, still in twist ties in a basket of spare shit.

I tried looking but I couldn't find any. Do you know any store that might be selling this for cheap?

Smo21

Futureshops in the GTA have been sold out for a fucking long time.

I remember going the day after it was released to my FS in Brampton and it was already sold out, and another one near me.

I went home and got it off PSN, but whenever I went to FS or Target, it was never in stock.

Not sure what the fuck was up with that.

I was able to get a copy at Dixie and Dundas in Mississauga. Just keep an eye on the fs site and reserve in store asap.

Are you doing local pick up only, or would you be willing to ship one across the country?

The "Stereo" headset is the one that's regular 99.99 being offered for $50 with TLoU. The Pulse headset is another $50. It's mostly just an updated version with an added bass vibration feature and a 3.5mm headphone jack.

I know what you mean, I don't usually like putting on a headset either. The last few days I've gotten a lot of use out of them though, and I honestly felt like I was getting more out of the audio experience in The Last of Us playing with the headset than with my sound system. Depending on what I'm doing though, I'm very happy to take them off and just listen through speakers. Feels more relaxed.

I'll ship anywhere in canada, and will list on ebay for people that prefer checking out that way (that's how i usually sell my stuff).

Agreed on the headphones. I got the cheaper, non "pulse" version when i bought the last of us and ive gotten great use out of them lately. specifically when i feel like cranking the volume in the game and dont want the surround sound system waking up my girlfriend. otherwise i dont use them

RS4-

Any idea about the best deals for Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen (360), Dead Space 3 (360), and Deadly Premonition (PS3)?? Even $5 off would be great. Thanks folks!

Are you in Toronto? I have DDDA for 360 if you want it.

Apparently I got them to price match it down to $264.99. They added the cost of shipping to the price at The Source. Good deal, thanks for the heads up HDGaming42.

No worries! Did a local store have stock? You really shouldn't have had to pay shipping...

Alright. Resolved for me. I was able to cancel one of the Windwakers in one of the orders, though I had to make two calls to do it. Also, this may not be possible for others, as each of my orders had 4 games in it, so when I had them remove Windwaker from one of the orders, it still had the 3 games necessary for the full discount.

Well that sucks. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm calling FS tomorrow. I'd rather just wait for "Zelda 3D/HD" whatever it will be. Hell, I waited for BioShock Infinite and didn't complain...

No worries! Did a local store have stock? You really shouldn't have had to pay shipping...

I dunno. It's in their guarantee though that if the competitor has shipping not listed specifically on the item page, they assume it is $15. They're matching that assumption, not charging you directly for shipping. I suspect that whether or not I did store pick up, they still would've added the $15 to match the competitor's offer, plus shipping. It's fine. It's still a damn good deal. Thank you for the heads up.

Well that sucks. Thanks for the heads up. Looks like I'm calling FS tomorrow. I'd rather just wait for "Zelda 3D/HD" whatever it will be. Hell, I waited for BioShock Infinite and didn't complain...

It is kind of a pain in the ass. The first guy I spoke to seemed to suspect that I'd just accidentally ordered two copies of windwaker and that there'd never actually been a listing for the unnamed Zelda game. He told me "They're the same SKU, the same title, the same everything," and I think the suggestion was that they'd always been that way. The only solutions he offered were to cancel my order in its entirety, or to return the item to a store once I received it, which isn't possible due to my location. It may not be a problem for you to return a second copy to a local store, though.

The second guy may not have believed me about the Amazing Vanishing Unnamed Wii U Zelda either, but since he was happy to remove the fourth item from my order, it didn't seem to matter either way. Whatever. Happy I'm not getting a pair of Windwakers.

I'll ship anywhere in canada, and will list on ebay for people that prefer checking out that way (that's how i usually sell my stuff).

Despite the awesome offer, I think I'm gonna have to pass. Thank you, Hinzel.

iphys

Grrr, at least my actual WindWaker order was in an order of 4 games, so I guess I'll have to ask them to cancel that one.

The first guy I spoke to seemed to suspect that I'd just accidentally ordered two copies of windwaker and that there'd never actually been a listing for the unnamed Zelda game. He told me "They're the same SKU, the same title, the same everything," and I think the suggestion was that they'd always been that way.

Too bad you couldn't point him to the Futureshop forums where they specifically list two Zelda games for pre-order. Or here, where they mention it in not one, but two bullet points:

Two Zelda Games: Eiji Aonuma, the producer of The Legend of Zelda series, revealed two entries in the series for Wii U.
Two Zelda Games, Mario, Mario Kart and Other Fan-Favourite Franchises Planned for Wii U.

Wish I'd taken a screenshot of the order page...not that it would help if they've wiped it from their system, but man that's aggravating.

I wonder if they were ever going to tell us, or just ship everyone two copies of the same game assuming we're all idiots. Or dealers.

Found it. You see any mention of Windwaker? I don't. I'm going to let it ride. It's not like Windwaker is a sure thing for December anyway...

UmjFcqJ.png

iphys

Well we still have our order e-mails that show different entries for the 2 Zeldas. Wasn't the one that said Zelda U on the boxart posted last E3, and Wind Waker HD wasn't even announced till January, so that would kind of prove they changed it to the wrong game if anyone pre-ordered it before January? Does anyone have a pre-order from last E3 to prove that it was supposed to be for the original Zelda game for Wii U?

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Hinzel check your pm when you wake up D:

So odd to hear this drought for TLoU. I could've bought 15 copies by now.

Scarborough Town Centre and Gerrard Square had a lot available when I checked.

I asked about the shortage and the clerks said they constantly get them in so it wasn't a big problem.

Sora_N

Pandora's Tower is $29.99 at EB now, so tempted to grab it since I returned it when I bought it at release. I wonder if it'll drop lower or just become slightly rare first.

EDIT: Lol looks like it's the same price everywhere now, I can wait till I feel like getting it if I want it I guess.

StevieP

Banned
Too bad you couldn't point him to the Futureshop forums where they specifically list two Zelda games for pre-order. Or here, where they mention it in not one, but two bullet points:

Wish I'd taken a screenshot of the order page...not that it would help if they've wiped it from their system, but man that's aggravating.

I wonder if they were ever going to tell us, or just ship everyone two copies of the same game assuming we're all idiots. Or dealers.

Found it. You see any mention of Windwaker? I don't. I'm going to let it ride. It's not like Windwaker is a sure thing for December anyway...

UmjFcqJ.png

Ugh. Changing these orders is such a pain in the ass. I don't want 2 Wind Wakers! 1 is more than enough.

Ondore

If there's hope for good deals on Canada Day... it lies online. There's like, nothing in the flyers this week.

MLB13 is $20 (PS3), Tomb Raider 2k13 is $30, and that's pretty much it. Even Best Buy's 3DS deal is same price for an original but including Kid Icarus: Uprising.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Ugh. Changing these orders is such a pain in the ass. I don't want 2 Wind Wakers! 1 is more than enough.

Worse case, you could just return one of the copies to a Futureshop store for a refund when you receive both games.

khaaan

Fffff, guess I'll call them later tonight. Thanks for the heads up though, I probably would not have noticed.

Anyone know of a good Canada Day deal on the Wii U?

Liberty4all

Banned
Wow Last of Us is still hard to find?

It took me a few days to find a copy ... eventually I got it at EB Games downtown on Friday last week.

Once you place an order on Staples (Xbox One), you can't change the address like how you can for FutureShop/BestBuy.

I plan to move in few months and not sure what to do with my Xbox One pre-order.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Wow Last of Us is still hard to find?

It took me a few days to find a copy ... eventually I got it at EB Games downtown on Friday last week.
A few local FutureShops have been selling out of their replacement stock within a day. Surprising stuff.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this is the place to post this, but I have a number of 200 GB OCZ SSDs available for sale at a really good deal if anyone is looking.

This is the model:
OCZ Deneva 200 GB 2.5" solid state drive (DENRSTE251M46-0200)

Here are a few links for people that want to check pricing if you go retail (most charge over $700):
http://www.pcsuperstore.com/products/11731023-OCZ_Technology-DENRSTE251M460200.html
http://shop.neobits.com/ocz_technol...ocz_deneva_r_2_5_200gb_ssd_mlc_1033045419.php

Selling for $150 each, all are brand new still in packaging with manufacturers warranty. I'm in the tech/hosting business and these were ordered for a project but no longer needed. 10 available.

Pickup in Markham/Scarborough or Whitby (Ontario), willing to trade for gaming/tech related gear as well.. If this isn't allowed let me know and I'll remove this post.
+1 for Hinzel. On time, friendly, and knowledgeable. No problems at all. If you guys want SSDs I can vouch for him.

You may want to try the buy/sell/trade thread as well on gaming community side, the Toronto thread, and the build your own PC thread as well, hinzel. :)

Pandora's Tower is $29.99 at EB now, so tempted to grab it since I returned it when I bought it at release. I wonder if it'll drop lower or just become slightly rare first.

EDIT: Lol looks like it's the same price everywhere now, I can wait till I feel like getting it if I want it I guess.

I thought it was going to be one of those hard-to-find games that didn't drop in price. Bought it at release and haven't touched it (naturally).

timnich

If anyone in Mississauga is still looking for a copy of Last of Us, I have a sealed copy I'm willing to sell for $40. I forgot that I ordered 2 copies, and rather than returning it I would rather help a local GAFer out.

Top Bottom