• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Madness

People in the lower mainland are going to be ecstatic. We're predicting nearly 30+ degrees this Canada Day weekend near Vancouver. All the rain was infuriating.

Just going to be a great day grilling huggers and having beers.

That Last Of Us love. I'm clearing up some of my backlog too, finished Uncharted 2, going through Killzone 3 at the moment and then I have Uncharted 3 to beat.

Just finishing up my PS3 backlog before I go back to my huge pile of 360 games that I need to beat.

ohlawd

People in the lower mainland are going to ecstatic. We're predicting nearly 30+ degrees this Canada Day weekend near Vancouver. All the rain was infuriating.

Just going to be a great day grilling huggers and having beers.

nah eff that.

I'm staying right at home playing PxZ, my eyes clearly focused on Morrigan's glorious bounty.

astonish

Oh hey, Future Shop does have a sale on the Wii U....
a free copy of freaking Twilight Princess with the purchase of a deluxe bundle

This is the saddest of the sad way of highlighting how low the quantity of WiiU titles are... They have to bundle a damn Wii game.

Does anyone here have any experience with Teksavvy (in BC or otherwise)? I'm trying to convince my landlord to switch (I think he's already using a third party ISP that piggybacks on Bell or Telus cable).

Are they good with customer service/tech support? Expensive to switch?

Does anyone here have any experience with Teksavvy (in BC or otherwise)? I'm trying to convince my landlord to switch (I think he's already using a third party ISP that piggybacks on Bell or Telus cable).

It is expensive to switch, but not having a bandwidth cap is amazing. and their service can be a little spotty at times, but it is worth it.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Worked 10 hours, treamed some footage from the CEO tournament, sank 3 hours into Project X Zone. Fuck the haters, this game is so awesome. A damn shame it flopped in Japan.

Xbudz

activation fees and modem charges are a turn off, everything else is great

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I biked 13 km yesterday and my ass is sore. Also, I beat Bayonetta; superb game.

i-Jest

Oh hey, Future Shop does have a sale on the Wii U....
a free copy of freaking Twilight Princess with the purchase of a deluxe bundle

Meh....Not enticing enough. Anyone know if the Superstore Wii-U price drop is still in effect?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
My experience with Teksaavy has been great. Started on their 75GB plan, went over it a bunch of times and was never charged extra.

Where I live my only option previously was a wireless service that was slow as hell and constantly cut out, so Teksaavy has been a godsend. Tech support has been great.

Anth0ny

Checked out my local Costco, EB Games, Future Shop and Wal Mart. No Last of Us to be found.

I don't remember the last time there was such a shortage on a highly anticipated, highly advertised AAA title.

Checked out my local Costco, EB Games, Future Shop and Wal Mart. No Last of Us to be found.

I don't remember the last time there was such a shortage on a highly anticipated, highly advertised AAA title.

I still don't understand if the demand is as high or if the title is under shipped.

Yawnier

Banned
I still don't understand if the demand is as high or if the title is under shipped.

Same here, I have no flipping clue either -- I guess we will get a rough idea with the NPD results for the month?

Personally, I found a copy of it in the first EB Games store I went to a week and a half ago now.

New Leaf was the damn game I had trouble finding.

I've got $187 in credit :/ I hate seeing so many good deals in places other than EB/GS. Just watching for a nice PS3 bundle then I'm going to jump on it.
we share similar pain..sort of.

Personally when I get gift cards for EB Games I use them on consoles/portables. $100 off any console feels pretty pretty good.
problem is I have all the handhelds and the only console I care about is ps4 and I got that off amazon not gamestop.

You have a PC? They just started selling Steam cards at EBgames/GameStop in Canada.
that's a possibility I didn't think of

Hey You

Does anybody know of any deals on Microsoft points? I want to get the CoD Black Ops II DLC tomorrow, but I cannot buy the exact amount of MS points for me.

Preferably online and a code sent to me.

Does anybody know of any deals on Microsoft points? I want to get the CoD Black Ops II DLC tomorrow, but I cannot buy the exact amount of MS points for me.

Preferably online and a code sent to me.

Crazygametime.com used to have decent prices but the website seems to be down.

Not really sure what's going on.

zroid

Banned
tumblr_mp9lx6mpGP1sv54gpo1_400.jpg

Sora_N

I guess I'm doing a decent long weekend.

Taylor Swift concert on Saturday
Relaxing day yesterday just watched a movie with gf and shopped a bit
Hanging out with my friend today

Haven't played much games!

Noahd41

Neo Member
Happy Canada Day!

I think I saw Futureshop had 70 bucks off the PS3 Uncharted/Dust package to make it 199.99 this week.

I got hooked up with an 80GB BC model from my friend but I'm finally on the PS+ bandwagon. Downloading Deus Ex, XCom and Saints Row III right now.

I just had this at Frite Alors in Montreal downtown. Poutine with fried bacon, onions, peppers and mushrooms.

thumb_600.jpg

Though I feel disgusted that I had it, it tasted so good!

Also, Happy Canada Day GAF!!!

trixx

Happy Canada day guys. By the way where can I get nunchuck/Wii notes for cheap. I can't believe a nunchuck is 20 and wiimote is 40

Noahd41

Neo Member
I just had this at Frite Alors in Montreal downtown. Poutine with fried bacon, onions, peppers and mushrooms.

thumb_600.jpg

Though I feel disgusted that I had it, it tasted so good!

Also, Happy Canada Day GAF!!!

I've ate there before, I had one with bacon, sausage and onions. Pretty good and I enjoyed it but it's a bit over the top. When I'm in Montreal I prefer to get a greasy poutine at Lafleur's.

TimeKillr

That's not Canada though, that's Quebec.
They could release everywhere but Quebec... it's OK, we're used to it ;_;

Nintendo of Canada *most likely* has a policy in place that forces companies that want to release on the eShop to have an english and french e-manual.

There are similar policies in place all around the world, so I wouldn't be surprised if this was one. (btw, I worked with their e-manual tool for DS and it was absolutely HORRIBLE).

And you can't release an eShop game in Canada if it doesn't include Quebec - there's no region restriction for Quebec as a province. :)

Top Bottom