• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Hey I'm down for meet up of you'll have a snobby Torontonian.

I wanna visit Ubisoft and Eidos. Anyone know how open they are to visitors?

Hey You

Does anyone here work/worked as Store Support Position for Loblaws (Going around the province to different stores)?

I want to hear any experiences relating to it, I currently work at Superstore only part time. I only have experience doing Planograms, but it shouldn't be too hard.

Neki

I could cry right now. Just dropped my iPad 4 and the glass cracked. Most of the damage is on the bottom left corner that stretches out to the home button but there is one line that stretches all the way across the actual screen. I can still watch videos but I'm too scared to browse the web or play games.

Anybody know what my options are for fixing it? I Googled around and all I could find was that Apple would give me a new iPad for $300 which I can't afford right now. I'm located in the GVA and can't seem to find any local places that do iPad repairs either.

If you're an attractive looking girl, people in the Apple Store usually give you repairs for free. Anecdotal I know, but that's how it seems. ;)

zroid

Banned
Sooo I just got issued $30 in RZ certificates...

I guess it's from those three games I pre-ordered at Best Buy from E3. Yeeeah, I'm canceling that order now. Sorry, Best Buy! Thanks for the certs tho.

edit: hang on, it was supposed to be $60, right? Well then I don't know what this is. Also I guess it's technically too early to be getting credited for the E3 orders. Hmmm. Free $30? Why not. Anyone else get some free RZ certs this week?

Sora_N

I guess it's from those three games I pre-ordered at Best Buy from E3. Yeeeah, I'm canceling that order now. Sorry, Best Buy! Thanks for the certs tho.

edit: hang on, it was supposed to be $60, right? Well then I don't know what this is. Also I guess it's technically too early to be getting credited for the E3 orders. Hmmm. Free $30? Why not. Anyone else get some free RZ certs this week?

Didn't get anything but I ordered the last day. I only had one order sooo I dunno yet.

iphys

I just got the $25 RZ certificates I was expecting for the 1200 points I had plus the 868 RZ points for Donkey Kong 3D that I had pre-ordered at the last minute. No free RZ certificates for me.

Target:

Free $10 giftcard when you buy any of these games:

Paper Mario 3ds - $39.99
New Super Mario Bros 3ds - $39.99
Mario Kart 7 - $39.99
Lego City Undercover 3ds - $29.99

Buy any 3DS (not XL) @ $169 - Get Free $40 giftcard

Lexxism

Weird. How come you got it already? Shouldn't they release that when you got your order?

zroid

Banned
Weird. How come you got it already? Shouldn't they release that when you got your order?

Supposedly we were intended to be getting these 4800 points 36 days after the promotion ends as opposed to after the games ship. Still, it doesn't explain why I'm getting them about two weeks early or why I only got $30 instead of $60.

Anyway, I looked into my "purchase history" on the Rewards site, and it appears these points are in fact for E3.

BR2peuU.png

isny

napkin dispenser
Wish I could take credit for this sale too...lol

From RFD: Sears outlet, extra 50% off

coupon code 941612887 for Sears MC holders, 50% off
coupon code 941612886 for other card holders, 40% off

Obus Forme Pillows for $6.24!

Supposedly we were intended to be getting these 4800 points 36 days after the promotion ends as opposed to after the games ship. Still, it doesn't explain why I'm getting them about two weeks early or why I only got $30 instead of $60.

Anyway, I looked into my "purchase history" on the Rewards site, and it appears these points are in fact for E3.

BR2peuU.png

Hmm, my orders were done June 18th and I have yet to get the points.

Yeah, that'd be nice so I wouldn't feel bad to go to Poutineville. You guys made me hungry for some, grrr...

Sign me up for the Montreal meetup.

Hey I'm down for meet up of you'll have a snobby Torontonian.

I wanna visit Ubisoft and Eidos. Anyone know how open they are to visitors?

We should do this. I'm down for any weekend, heck, we can even do it sometime this weekend for lunch or dinner.

I've never been to any of the studios either, so no idea how it works.

TimeKillr

We should do this. I'm down for any weekend, heck, we can even do it sometime this weekend for lunch or dinner.

I've never been to any of the studios either, so no idea how it works.

Yeaaaaaaah you'll be shit out of luck if you wanna visit Ubi or Eidos. Hell even Warner is pretty closed.

It's not worth it :)

Hey any Winnipeggers out there have advice for the best and cheapest internet? Maybe bundling cable as well? I am moving into the city in August and will need to switch over to something new

kennah

Hey any Winnipeggers out there have advice for the best and cheapest internet? Maybe bundling cable as well? I am moving into the city in August and will need to switch over to something new

It's allllll shitty. Shaw is ok if you can get a deal. Go with MTS if you already have an MTS cell phone. We don't have anything awesome like Teksavvy :(

Palehorse

So I had my 3DS XL stolen last weekend. I've got another one now but Nintendo wants a police report to transfer my digital games...but I talked to the RCMP and they don't have reports per se. It's an entry in their DB that my machine was stolen in case anyone looks up the serial number.

Any CAN GAFers had luck with Nintendo doing this?

snorggy

Okay so there's a bunch of Vita games coming soon and my puny memory card isn't going to cut it anymore. Anyone seen any good deals on the 32 card? Why are they soo expensive sony?!?! Best I've seen is a few bucks off on amazon.ca

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So I had my 3DS XL stolen last weekend. I've got another one now but Nintendo wants a police report to transfer my digital games...but I talked to the RCMP and they don't have reports per se. It's an entry in their DB that my machine was stolen in case anyone looks up the serial number.

Why RCMP and not local police?
https://vicpd.ca/

DJ_Lae

That Vita deal is tempting, though I wonder how much I could sell off that COD game for.

Not much unless you can actually find someone who doesn't know the game is absolute garbage.

Still, even eating the game that bundle is a good deal. Memory card is kind of small, though.

lfc11

Neo Member
Anyone knows how much it'll cost to ship a figurine to Vancouver from Amiami.com? Planning to preorder the re-release of the Figma Skyward Sword Link and it doesn't tell you how much shipment through EMS costs. Plus, no cancellations are allowed :( Anyone has any experience with them?

It's allllll shitty. Shaw is ok if you can get a deal. Go with MTS if you already have an MTS cell phone. We don't have anything awesome like Teksavvy :(

Thanks kennah, I figured you'd be up on what was best, guess I will switch to MTS and try bundling on a student plan.

Lurkee

Neo Member
If you're an attractive looking girl, people in the Apple Store usually give you repairs for free. Anecdotal I know, but that's how it seems. ;)

How are they towards iPhones that have water damage? I told my sister the same thing (to try and talk her way into getting her phone fixed), but apparently the Apple Store reps wouldn't budge, and she had to pay $300 to replace her iPhone 5.

BadWolf

Anyone knows how much it'll cost to ship a figurine to Vancouver from Amiami.com? Planning to preorder the re-release of the Figma Skyward Sword Link and it doesn't tell you how much shipment through EMS costs. Plus, no cancellations are allowed :( Anyone has any experience with them?

They are very reliable, I've bought many times from them (I'm in Mississauga, Ontario).

You get the shipping rate when it is ready to ship, at that point you can also change what shipping type you want (I usually pick SAL, which is the cheapest).

HobbyLinkJapan gives you the option to easily cancel an order so try them if you are unsure about the purchase and think you might want to cancel after pre-ordering. I've ordered twice from them so far and had no problems with them as well.

lfc11

Neo Member
They are very reliable, I've bought many times from them (I'm in Mississauga, Ontario).

You get the shipping rate when it is ready to ship, at that point you can also change what shipping type you want (I usually pick SAL, which is the cheapest).

HobbyLinkJapan gives you the option to easily cancel an order so try them if you are unsure about the purchase and think you might want to cancel after pre-ordering. I've ordered twice from them so far and had no problems with them as well.

Thanks! Looks like Hobby Link is perfect.

iphys

BR2peuU.png

Well, that's either very fortunate for you if you decide to cancel your orders, or very unfortunate if they're ripping you off half the points.

Spike

Do you have any comic shops around you? You can go into any one and order Link as he will be made available through Diamond Publishing.

Give them the item code JUN132070 and they can order it for you. It says it is releasing on September 25th.

You can find more info here.

LGom09

Same thing happened to me and I had to go through hell (maybe a slight exaggeration) to get my games back. Nintendo told me to email them the serial number of my stolen 3DS and a police report. I talked to my local police, got a report number and was told to come back in a week to get the actual paper report. Emailed Nintendo with the report number and my 3DS serial #, but they said they needed the actual report. Fair enough, I guess. I went back to the police station a week later and was then told I needed to call a number to get the report in the mail. Called the number. Turns out it costs $75 or something like that to get the report, so I said screw it. I called Nintendo and explained the situation, but they wouldn't budge. Ended up just sending an angry email to Nintendo after going through all this and that did the trick :p. They gave me credit to buy the games I lost and restored my ambassador games, which was cool. I just bought new games because I finished most of the ones I lost. If you can get some sort of database entry number written on a police business card, you might have some luck. That's what I had anyway.

If it's any help it cost me just over $17 to ship the same figure to Nova Scotia via EMS.

LGom09

Tempted by that Vita deal. If it wasn't for the proprietary memory cards, I would probably jump on it. Has there ever even been a big sale on those?

Sora_N

Did EB change their systems? I tried to return Lego LOTR that I bought along with some cheapo games from clearance, from their site. The guy said it wouldn't go through because I got free shipping so I would have to go through the website.

Just a month or so ago I bought a $10 game along with a 15 filler item, returned the filler item no problem.

I'm heading to another EB now to try again.

EDIT: other eb worked fine, i think the first guy is just dumb.

Sora_N

I always use SAL unregistered with amiami, usually 10 bucks at most. (780-1000yen) this is for single items.

Never had issues with them, or SAL. If you feel unsecure use sal registered, about 5 bucks more.

I'm in Vancouver too so just lt me know if you have any other questions.

Lexxism

I always use SAL unregistered with amiami, usually 10 bucks at most. (780-1000yen) this is for single items.

Never had issues with them, or SAL. If you feel unsecure use sal registered, about 5 bucks more.

I'm in Vancouver too so just lt me know if you have any other questions.

How much do you pay for import fees?

Top Bottom