• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

nordique

Sound experts Canadian GAF:

I'm looking for best bang for buck speakers to hook up to my monitor, that is mainly used for ps3 games

Any ideas? I don't want to spend too much dough here

big_z

The blue 3ds XL mario kart bundle I got during the shoppers deal is still sealed. I'm not sure if I should swap it for a black one or not. Black is my second color choice behind white but I'd lose Mario kart in the switch. What to do neongaf?

Did anyone get their RZ points for those E3 preorders? I'm pretty sure I didn't get anything but remember someone did.

You won't get them until 30 days after the item has shipped.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Sound experts Canadian GAF:

I'm looking for best bang for buck speakers to hook up to my monitor, that is mainly used for ps3 games

Any ideas? I don't want to spend too much dough here

Sounds like a job for BOXING DAY.

My friend is in from New Jersey and wants a Schneider canucks jersey. Is that on clearance anywhere?
Most jersey shops have to buy embroidered sweaters outright, unless they ar a chain like Walmart, The Bay, Footlocker. I don't know where you live but you could call around and see if anyone of the smallish shops are clearing it out.

Jachaos

So I have 170$ in Futureshop Gift Cards. Is it possible to pay for some of the games I ordered during the E3 promotion with those Gift Cards ? Or is there a risk it fucks up my order ? I don't want to lose the orders made with that promotion so haven't tried it yet.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
So I have 170$ in Futureshop Gift Cards. Is it possible to pay for some of the games I ordered during the E3 promotion with those Gift Cards ? Or is there a risk it fucks up my order ? I don't want to lose the orders made with that promotion so haven't tried it yet.

It is entirely possible to do so, just get on the phone with customer service, and they can charge the difference to your other card.

Only the credit used goes onto a new card. Your old card holds the remaining balance.

Thanks again

Yes. I've done it before. Just go to your order history and pick the particular order you want and change your payment info. You can add up to 3 giftcards to an order.

isny

napkin dispenser
Did anyone get their RZ points for those E3 preorders? I'm pretty sure I didn't get anything but remember someone did.

The blue 3ds XL mario kart bundle I got during the shoppers deal is still sealed. I'm not sure if I should swap it for a black one or not. Black is my second color choice behind white but I'd lose Mario kart in the switch. What to do neongaf?

You won't get them until 30 days after the item has shipped.

This is incorrect. If you'd have participated in the promotion or read the specifics, the points were supposed to be added a few weeks after the promotion ended, however, most of us didn't get them, and calling them to try to resolve the issue is a complete waste of time as the representatives working there, like you, are completely un-aware of the promotion and unwilling to even escalate the issue to management.

Sora_N

This is incorrect. If you'd have participated in the promotion or read the specifics, the points were supposed to be added a few weeks after the promotion ended, however, most of us didn't get them, and calling them to try to resolve the issue is a complete waste of time as the representatives working there, like you, are completely un-aware of the promotion and unwilling to even escalate the issue to management.

That's what I figured, there is no more fine print anymore so I wasn't sure if I should email a CSR. I will probably just try giving them an email in a few days anyways, doesn't hurt to try.

zroid

Banned
For Best Buy's E3 deal you were supposed to get 2400 points a few weeks after E3, and then the remaining 2400 points when the games ship (presumably 800 for each one). I got my 2400 points at the end of June.

isny

napkin dispenser
For Best Buy's E3 deal you were supposed to get 2400 points a few weeks after E3, and then the remaining 2400 points when the games ship (presumably 800 for each one). I got my 2400 points at the end of June.

Yup, and others like me got nothing, lol

Stay away from shitty Samsung garbage lol (those capacitors love to blow)

To offer a polarizing opinion, I've had nothing but great experience with Samsung TVs. I've owned Samsung DLP, LCD, and LED TVs and they've all been great and never given me a single issue. .

frequency

My Samsung TV has been awesome for me too.

I've never heard of problems with Samsung. But my TV is like 5 years old so I don't know if recent models have issues or something.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
SDM. They should have it for $19.99? It has a higher price tag, but scans in on clearance.
I remade your avatar so it looks better in the GAF dark theme.

Before:
x9gD6Bv.png

After:
8h73EFC.png

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
How can I use a Future Shop gift card towards one of my E3 2013 orders? I went to my orders and added a gift card and hit apply/next and nothing happens. Any ideas?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hmmm...project x zone and Luigi's Mansion 3DS at eligible for M&L.

Wish I had hung onto shitter star story

I already ordered M&L4 from the E3 Futureshop deal, but now I wonder if I should still trade Sticker Star for another M&L, so I can trade back one of my two M&L further down the road for another game (as M&L will probably stay on the list for longer than Sticker Star?)

I already ordered M&L4 from the E3 Futureshop deal, but now I wonder if I should still trade Sticker Star for another M&L, so I can trade back one of my two M&L further down the road for another game (as M&L will probably stay on the list for longer than Sticker Star?)

Do this. Bonus: extra Club Nintendo code!

My Samsung TV died the day after I bought it so I had to take it back to the store and exchange it, the 2nd one has worked fine for 4 or so years now

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member

Do it. Shitter Star sucks.

Which makes me sad cause I love the Paper series... :(

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Do it. Shitter Star sucks.

Which makes me sad cause I love the Paper series... :(

I'll try it today just to make sure I'm not making a mistake...! It's sitting alongside Metroid Other M, both sealed, because I'm afraid to try them...! (got both for less than $15 each!)

Lexxism

I'll try it today just to make sure I'm not making a mistake...! It's sitting alongside Metroid Other M, both sealed, because I'm afraid to try them...! (got both for less than $15 each!)

I don't think they will allow you to trade since the game won't be out till tomorrow. I had the same experienced with animal crossing. It's much better if you have to wait.

zroid

Banned
For what it's worth, Sticker Star was apparently EvilMario's (RIP) GOTY 2012. I liked it too, but not quite that much. :p

I'm actually really paranoid about Dream Team now. The reviews and impressions are honestly making it seem extremely disappointing. :(

BTW, I think you should try Other M. It may be a bad game, but it's worth experiencing, just because it's such a departure from the norm for the series. Unless you're the type who would feel eternally scarred if it "ruins" the story for you. Then pass. :p

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Nah it was fine so long as you don't go in expecting an RPG. But Mario and luigi look far superior.

so just make it a platformer then...

For what it's worth, Sticker Star was apparently EvilMario's (RIP) GOTY 2012. I liked it too, but not quite that much. :p

I'm actually really paranoid about Dream Team now. The reviews and impressions are honestly making it seem extremely disappointing. :(

BTW, I think you should try Other M. It may be a bad game, but it's worth experiencing, just because it's such a departure from the norm for the series. Unless you're the type who would feel eternally scarred if it "ruins" the story for you. Then pass. :p

EM is WRONG! And I don't think it was his GOTY.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I tried it for an hour, and it's really not that bad! I think I'll keep it. Combat is pretty average, but I love the visuals and the puzzle/exploration aspect. I think I'll get frustrated with the obtuse puzzles (I was already annoyed searching for the last few Toads in the intro), but I can always use a guide for these parts.

Considering I paid $13 for the game, I'm pretty happy. Maybe it's because my expectations were really low (it's almost universally hated on the internet), but I'm pleasantly surprised!

ohlawd

Hey, I tried it for an hour, and it's really not that bad! I think I'll keep it. Combat is pretty average, but I love the visuals and the puzzle/exploration aspect. I think I'll get frustrated with the obtuse puzzles (I was already annoyed searching for the last few Toads in the intro), but I can always use a guide for these parts.

Considering I paid $13 for the game, I'm pretty happy. Maybe it's because my expectations were really low (it's almost universally hated on the internet), but I'm pleasantly surprised!

Music is so good but yeh figuring out how to progress further is balls. Ass to the balls.

Oh well I liked it enough and I paid full price. Worth it just for the music.

frequency

What...?

Top Bottom