• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

I wonder how they will handle returns.

Some of these were "new" (filled with stickers and sometimes in beaten up cases) and others were used. Don't really remember which is which. Surprisingly, the "used" games were often in better condition than the "new" ones.

And yeah, these are really based on luck, often I picked the last copy of these games. I just wanted to post in a more general sense that you might be lucky and find hiddden gems for cheap there!

I got these in 3-4 visits at the same EBgames, and every time I found something new.

I'm still trying to get my hands on Advance Wars: Days of Ruins for cheap; according to their website, my local store should have it, but when I asked they didn't have any copy. Oh well.

$9.99 used... not bad.

I'd rather get Dual Strike for $2.99 (in-stock) but $5 shipping kills the deal.

http://www.ebgames.ca/ds/games/advance-wars-dual-strike/207269

DJ_Lae

Do you have the new black Actiontec one or is it the old silver one? If it's the older one, call and tell them you're on the old router and need the new one. They should replace it for free.

It's the black one, and I think it's been replaced once already as the first one crapped out a few months in. I actually have a spare downstairs that they shipped me for no apparent reason (didn't get charged for it).

I guess considering I pay nothing for it the range isn't awful, but our house isn't big and it barely reaches the bedrooms that are maybe 20ft from the router (albeit through a couple of walls).

DJ_Lae

Also found this on RFD (yeah yeah I know) though it's movie-related and not game related.

$5 off each for two movie preorders and $10 off each for three or more at Best Buy.

List here, not sure if any more are also eligible.

It seems to work like Future Shop's E3 deal, preordering three or more movies nets you ten bucks off each one. Something like Sharknado is $15 regularly, $5 after the deal. I nabbed Winnie the Pooh for $15, Epic for $13, etc. Shipping seems to be free though I had it mess up during the order and had to manually change the options for each shipment.

Woah, it's in stock online?! I already have Dual Strike, but if you want it, it's probably the cheapest you'll ever find it, even with the shipping.

Yeah, under $10 even with shipping is pretty good. Is this better than Days of Ruin?

Has anyone had experience buying used games from EB online? Do they usually come complete with case/manual?

Hey guys, I'm thinking of pre ordering a ps4 cause the second batch will probably come next year. I've read that many places can no longer garauntee a launch day pre order but I'm not sure if that's just the states.

Do you know if there are still any launch day pre-orders in Toronto? Is a deposit required and can I cancel later in case they delay the order? Thank you

Sora_N

Yeah, under $10 even with shipping is pretty good. Is this better than Days of Ruin?

Has anyone had experience buying used games from EB online? Do they usually come complete with case/manual?

I bought Personal Cooking something, one of them was sealed with a sticker and one of them was still wrapped. They were marked as 'new'.

My used copy of DOA for Xbox was missing the second case and was not even sealed. I think it's hit or miss.

EDIT: I ordered FFXIV from FS, just got an email from them.

Dear Customer,

Thanks for your recent purchase of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn from Futureshop.ca. As a BONUS, we invite you to take part in the Early Access preview period for the game. The purpose of the preview period is to identify any issues and improve the player experience before the game is released.

Visit http://preorder.na.finalfantasyxiv.com and register. You will be notified via email prior to the launch of the game on when you can return and redeem your pre-order code to unlock Early Access to the game.

big_z

Also, since it wasn't posted, Best Buy stuff:

- They're doing Trade 2 for $70 off the 360, instead of the 3DS or a $60 GC

What's the trade in list for gift card? Or maybe I should say are there any games on the list you can find new and make at least $20 credit.

I'm guessing that's the original 3ds and not the XL as well?

Hilti92

Amazon.ca appears to have the Launch Edition PS4 back in stock. I just ordered one.

Delivery estimate: Dec 6 2013 - Dec 10 2013
1 "PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition)"
Video Game; CDN$ 399.00
Available for Pre-order
Sold by: Amazon.com.ca, Inc.

Purchased it but says that. Does that still mean it will come launch day? Also BF4 says:
Delivery estimate: Jan 8 2014 - Jan 10 2014
1 "Battlefield 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.99
Available for Pre-order
Whaaaat? Why so far.

I logged in to Future Shop today to check on my E3 preorders, only to find they'd all vanished. I called to complain, and I learned something: if you've ever reset your password, your FS account wipes itself clean. They still have your preorders somewhere on file, but if you want to see them, you have to manually add them in.

Just thought people who've seen their E3 preorders vanish might want to try that out.

jokkir

Are there any deals for 3DS games? Specifically Luigi's Mansion 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Paper Mario? I'm thinking of expanding my 3DS collection

trixx

I know this isnt gaming related but anyone know where i could get Office 365 student for cheap(need for school).
^Gaming related it comes with an xbox live card which i dont want. So if anyone in Toronto is interested i might sell for like 30 bucks* not sure atm though.

Crimson Mask

Neo Member
Delivery estimate: Dec 6 2013 - Dec 10 2013
1 "PlayStation 4 (Launch Edition)"
Video Game; CDN$ 399.00
Available for Pre-order

Purchased it but says that. Does that still mean it will come launch day? Also BF4 says:
Delivery estimate: Jan 8 2014 - Jan 10 2014
1 "Battlefield 4"
Video Game; CDN$ 59.99
Available for Pre-order
Whaaaat? Why so far.

Weird my ps4 I ordered day 1 shows delivery of dec 5-6th? Second batch perhaps?

Mupod

has there been any news of a deal for buying both pokemon x/y or a 3DS bundle for them?

I ask because I haven't really been paying attention to X/Y until I saw a video today, and my little brother recently told me he wants to use his birthday money to get a 3DS for the new pokemon. He only has $140 but I said I'd cover the difference for the system/game, so I'll save money if I can.

Man I shoulda preordered both versions at FS during E3, but I had already preordered 12 games and I had to exercise some kind of restraint.

zroid

Banned
Damn wish they had done this PayPal thing back when it'd have been useful to me :p

Nowadays credit's a lot more straightforward. I definitely don't want my returns going into my PayPal balance, lol.

Lexxism

Weird my ps4 I ordered day 1 shows delivery of dec 5-6th? Second batch perhaps?

I'm really just hoping that they are putting it because there is no date yet. I might e-mail them or call them..

It's probably a placement date or whatever it is. Wait till gamescom when they announce the release date. If they didn't change the date to the official release date then your item will not be day 1.

has there been any news of a deal for buying both pokemon x/y or a 3DS bundle for them?

I ask because I haven't really been paying attention to X/Y until I saw a video today, and my little brother recently told me he wants to use his birthday money to get a 3DS for the new pokemon. He only has $140 but I said I'd cover the difference for the system/game, so I'll save money if I can.

Man I shoulda preordered both versions at FS during E3, but I had already preordered 12 games and I had to exercise some kind of restraint.

Well, we don't have any confirmation that the bundle will come to NA but there was rumour of X/Y bundle coming up here.

Hilti92

It's probably a placement date or whatever it is. Wait till gamescom when they announce the release date. If they didn't change the date to the official release date then your item will not be day 1.

Well, we don't have any confirmation that the bundle will come to NA but there was rumour of X/Y bundle coming up here.
I was just talking to a woman on the chat option and she says November 30th it is set to release (says it on the page..) and I will not get mine until the 6th-10th. She said in order to get it release day, it would need to be release day shipping which is not available for the item. Although it says launch PS4 :S

Lexxism

I was just talking to a woman on the chat option and she says November 30th it is set to release (says it on the page..) and I will not get mine until the 6th-10th. She said in order to get it release day, it would need to be release day shipping which is not available for the item. Although it says launch PS4 :S

Wow. There were rumours that the release date of PS4 will be this October. That's a long of wait to be honest :lol

Far Cry 3, Assassin's Creed 3(including Wii U) are 19.99$ and NHL 13 is 9.99$ until tomorrow morning on futureshop.ca!

Game of Thrones season 1 (DVD... I know...! But Future Shop Exclusive Targaryen Packaging) 29.99$

Sora_N

I got a call from a manager at EB regarding that employee. I guess he probably won't get fired but I hope he stops being a douche. The manager was pretty nice, I wonder if he'll actually do anything lol. I basically told him Best Buy is 2 minutes away, and another EB is 5 minutes away. I can just go somewhere else.

DaBoss

What flea market? You're in Toronto so could you point to which one you went to?

I went to the one at Eglinton Warden. It was a store around the jewelry stores. Though I gave the games about a year ago, so not sure if they will give that much anymore. Should have mentioned that in the first place.

Hilti92

Wow. There were rumours that the release date of PS4 will be this October. That's a long of wait to be honest :lol

Maybe once they know for sure it will be out in October that they will change it. They currently have it releasing November 30th.

I am looking at Best Buy 30 days price match thing and I am confused by this part: " limited time offers excluded".

Does it mean that if EBGames has a game for 39.99$ instead of 59.99$ for a week only or a week-end, Best Buy will not price match or reimburse me the difference on the 30 days Lowest Price Guarantee?

Because Liquidus looked at my post and said that he is heading to Best Buy. However, those are deals that are not even lasting 24 hours, which is the definition of a limited time offer.

I am very confused!

I also ask because I will buy Killer is Dead on Day 1 for the limited edition stuff and I would not be surprised if the game drop in price within a month. I wonder if I would be able to use the 30 days Lowest Price Guarantee.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
It depends on who is working. Technically weekend or 24 hour sales are considered as limited time only so BB or FS don't have to price match.

I got NHL13 for $6.99 and Far Cry 3 for $17.99 at BB after price matching to FS. Like I said, it depends on who is working. Some employees don't know any better. "60% of the time it works every time"

Tiktaalik

Are there any deals for 3DS games? Specifically Luigi's Mansion 2, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Paper Mario? I'm thinking of expanding my 3DS collection

It's pretty rare for Nintendo first party titles to price drop. Usually you should just buy them day one.

Sora_N

All of those games have been available for at least $10 off at some point.

+1

I got Paper Mario for $13 at Staples a few months ago.

If you preorder at Best Buy, you usually get $10 worth of points. That's essentially $10 off also.

If you get at launch it will likely be at least $10 off sometime after.

Top Bottom