• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Firestorm

Fuck it, I just pre-ordered at EB Games. I put $50 down so I don't think I can cancel. I asked if they had stock for launch and they said yes. Fingers crossed. On my reciept it said costumer #3341 or something. That's a lot of ps4.

You can cancel. Customer # is just your customer number in their system, not your line number for the PS4.

You can cancel. Customer # is just your customer number in their system, not your line number for the PS4.

ok, I hope I dont have to cancel. Hopefully they dont take orders if they cant garauntee. Tomorrow is the release date announcement. It would be amazing if it's october.

Does futureshop still use puralator or was that a different store? If so, I have to pick up my package pretty far from my house. Even worse if it's fedex. No working buzzer.

I preordered GTA5 off amazon.ca and they say it takes them 2-3 days to get the order ready and a full week for the game to arrive. My estimate is

Delivery estimate: Sep 26 2013 - Oct 2 2013

they can't be serious right? 2 weeks after release, AFTER online is available? Anyone have any experience with them in the GTA?

B-Dex

Heads up if anyone wants extra dualshock 4s. My local eb told me to pre-order them because there will be almost no supply outside of the ones that come with consoles.

(I don't need extra because I game alone :()

My experience with Amazon.ca in downtown Toronto has been hit or miss in terms of getting a game to you on the release date, but nearly every game I've pre-ordered off Amazon has been an Atlus joint. Catherine and Tales of Xillia both arrived just under a week past the release date, but I got Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers the day of release. My guess is that the bigger the game, the more likely you are to receive it on release day, regardless of what the shipping estimate says.

At least Amazon.ca will actually drop-ship a game so I don't have to walk to the post office and maybe have them give me guff for trying to pick up my package "too soon" or without a delivery notice (listen guys I know it's there and you have my driver's license and Canada Post SAYS you don't need the slip). If it wasn't for those E3 deals I'd never order anything from FS/BB again.

Daigr

Does futureshop still use puralator or was that a different store? If so, I have to pick up my package pretty far from my house. Even worse if it's fedex. No working buzzer.

I preordered GTA5 off amazon.ca and they say it takes them 2-3 days to get the order ready and a full week for the game to arrive. My estimate is

Delivery estimate: Sep 26 2013 - Oct 2 2013

they can't be serious right? 2 weeks after release, AFTER online is available? Anyone have any experience with them in the GTA

Futureshop uses Canada post. Everything I have ordered shows up by noon on release day for me.

Amazon also uses Canada post; but they don't ship until the Friday after a Tuesday release and shows up Monday. Amazon used to use ups and games would show up on release day by the afternoon.

I'm in the GTA as well

My experience with Amazon.ca in downtown Toronto has been hit or miss in terms of getting a game to you on the release date, but nearly every game I've pre-ordered off Amazon has been an Atlus joint. Catherine and Tales of Xillia both arrived just under a week past the release date, but I got Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers the day of release. My guess is that the bigger the game, the more likely you are to receive it on release day, regardless of what the shipping estimate says.

At least Amazon.ca will actually drop-ship a game so I don't have to walk to the post office and maybe have them give me guff for trying to pick up my package "too soon" or without a delivery notice (listen guys I know it's there and you have my driver's license and Canada Post SAYS you don't need the slip). If it wasn't for those E3 deals I'd never order anything from FS/BB again.

Thanks for the feedback. My post office worker knows me and knows my wife is almost always home so if they ship Canada post I should get it delivered to my house. Hoping for a quick delivery.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just got a call from "Windows technical support", apparently my Windows isn't updating properly. I never knew they had the technology to see that, let alone knew my phone number, interesting.

I can't believe this stuff still exists, I wonder how many people are actually scammed.

One of my mother's friends got scammed by one of those calls. It's skeevey.

Mupod

Just got a call from "Windows technical support", apparently my Windows isn't updating properly. I never knew they had the technology to see that, let alone knew my phone number, interesting.

I can't believe this stuff still exists, I wonder how many people are actually scammed.

Man if I ever got a call like this I bet I could have a lot of fun with it. Thankfully my parents don't even answer the phone if it's not somebody they know, because this kind of thing would get them easily. I had to deal with them getting scammed by a fake antivirus before, after I told them not to ever look at that kind of shit many times.

There's a great deal on a Sony gaming laptop right now.

http://store.sony.ca/laptop/SVF152190S Non-touch/SVF152190S-Non-touch/en/vaio/8198552921666555311

VAIO Fit 15E Non-touch Custom Laptop

- 3rd gen Intel® Core™ i7-3537U (2.00GHz / 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost)
- Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
- 15.5" LED backlit Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
- 8GB (4GB x2) DDR3L-1600MHz
- 500GB (5400rpm) hard drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2GB)

This came up to $925 including a $100 off coupon. Use the code VSC100 at the checkout.

I like that they have an option not to infest your laptop with useless garbage before they give it to you. That's honestly pretty cool. I'm somewhat interested in a new laptop and this is exactly what I'd be looking for, but I don't want to spend money until I'm sure I'll have my new job in a couple weeks.

Sora_N

Anyone order Duck Tales from BB? What the hell is wrong with their batch?

I ordered 2 copies but forgot to cancel, and got them today. The shrinkwraps were both NOT sealed. I can't even return them, tried at my local Best Buy. They refused it. This is so bull. I'm having pretty awful experiences with shopping lately.

What am I gonna do with these? Ugh.

zroid

Banned
I really shouldn't

4ohi.png

But I must

Saints Row 4 shipped!

...I think. Canada Post just says that the information has been submitted, but that's all they tell me. Hopefully my other 17 pre-orders ship a little more quickly.

My 360 Saints Row IV has shipped, and just a day after my power supply bit the dust. Anyone know where I can get a good deal on a new or used power supply for a 360 Slim?

Mayyhem

I pre-ordered Splinter Cell Blacklist using the special E3 deal. Well it comes out today and I went to see my email if it had been shipped, and all I see is 4 emails for my 4 different orders confirming that they are "scheduled for delivery" on their respected dates. The one order that had splinter cell in it however does not show splinter cell. I did not get a seperate email telling me SCB shipped yet either. When I go on the site to look at the order history, in the order that contains SCB, it says "out of stock" by SCB but not the other two games.

What is going on :(

Should I expect it to deliver today?

If I buy it for $59.99 at Futureshop, can I return my unopened copy that will eventually come in the mail? Whats the policy for that

Sora_N

Best Buy emailed me back, gave me a return label for the Duck Tales copies. Didn't say anything else, I'm satisfied with their service

Gerbs

Neo Member
Received my E3 Splinter Cell Monday while I was at work, so that was nice. My E3 The Bureau is listed as out of stock however.

Phoned up Futureshop to return Dream Team as one of an order of three games from the E3 promotion, they told me I'd lose the discount on the other two by changing my order. Just a heads up to people considering returning parts of orders, it may not be possible without losing your discount.

In other news, does anyone wanna buy a copy of Dream Team for $30?

Sora_N

Phoned up Futureshop to return Dream Team as one of an order of three games from the E3 promotion, they told me I'd lose the discount on the other two by changing my order. Just a heads up to people considering returning parts of orders, it may not be possible without losing your discount.

First I heard of this, I'll find out later I guess. I'll check my order with mgs legacy because i returned that.

krae_man

Anyone order Duck Tales from BB? What the hell is wrong with their batch?

I ordered 2 copies but forgot to cancel, and got them today. The shrinkwraps were both NOT sealed. I can't even return them, tried at my local Best Buy. They refused it. This is so bull. I'm having pretty awful experiences with shopping lately.

What am I gonna do with these? Ugh.

Mine was like that but I was going to open it anyway so I didn't care.

Sora_N

Mine was like that but I was going to open it anyway so I didn't care.

Yeah if I was keeping it I wouldn't care but I didn't want them so it was frustrating and I also had to try to return it at the store. :/ Just so annoying, but glad they let me ship the games back.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

I've had no problems returning parts of past orders to the store and keeping the discount on the rest of the order.

best place to pre order GTA V?

is it Best Buy? (you get 800 reward points)

I just went to pre-order it today and the 800 reward points offer is no longer showing on the site for online orders.

Looks like because they're doing a pre-order 2 or more games, save $10 on each title promo that runs from Aug 21st to 25th.

I guess I'll grab Rayman along with it then.

I've had no problems returning parts of past orders to the store and keeping the discount on the rest of the order.

First I heard of this, I'll find out later I guess. I'll check my order with mgs legacy because i returned that.

I'll try giving them a second call then, maybe I'll have better luck. Have you ever returned things by mail rather than through the store?

Mikey Jr.

Nov 15 for ps4.... Futureshop needs to try and get these delivered for launch Friday and not Monday....

Yep, as soon as I saw it was Friday, I said to myself "Shit......."

How does Futureshop handle that stuff? Do they ship earlier so people will get that stuff on Friday?

ohlawd

I wanna jump the gun on the Wifi model at FS............. but I won't ;_;

K so 180 for just the Vita and the 32 gig is at 80 so that's 260 before taxes. But Persona 4 Golden is waiting right there on my shelf and it's calling mah name.

CREMSteve

I wanna jump the gun on the Wifi model at FS............. but I won't ;_;

K so 180 for just the Vita and the 32 gig is at 80 so that's 260 before taxes. But Persona 4 Golden is waiting right there on my shelf and it's calling mah name.

They promised significant price drops on the memory cards, so I imagine that will change very shortly as well.

ohlawd

They promised significant price drops on the memory cards, so I imagine that will change very shortly as well.

So the 20 dollar drop is just the first step, huh. They should get to the second step already and drop a 40 (lol) so it'd be 40. Factor in Amazon and other places getting deals and we're looking at 30, hopefully.

shit I don't see what I want happening.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.

I'll buy it if you're in Toronto.

Jagxyz

Yep, as soon as I saw it was Friday, I said to myself "Shit......."

How does Futureshop handle that stuff? Do they ship earlier so people will get that stuff on Friday?

Last of Us released on a friday and they shipped it on thursday, so I got it on launch.

Dunno if it'll be the same for consoles.

DaBoss

So $150 is the price I would like to get the Vita for, but what do you guys think the chance of it going down lower than that this holiday season.

ohlawd

So $150 is the price I would like to get the Vita for, but what do you guys think the chance of it going down lower than that this holiday season.

Can't see a price lower than 150 on the holidays.

I'm expecting 150 with a whole bunch of crap bundled in.

Top Bottom