• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

Madouu

SpaceBridge said:
I actually wanna sell these.

I'd be interested in Miracle Mask and Paper Mario too at a fair price (Montreal area). That is If jokkir and Crewnh aren't interested in these of course and if you're still willing to sell.

iLLmAtlc

my girlfriend just bought RDR for 20 dollars, why couldn't I have seen this earlier lol

Don't feel too bad I checked 9 minutes after it was posted on gaf and it was sold out online and in every bb and fs in and around vancouver. Only stores showing stock were chilliwack and cowichan.

KingSlime

Anyone have experiences with TekSavvy (in the London area)?

Does it go down often? Is it worth it?

I'm in London and I have TekSavvy. Overall, I've been very happy with it. I had one issue one time, but I got it resolved by calling them. Otherwise, it's been a year of smooth sailing. Speeds are amazing. I've got the 300GB cable bundle.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have experiences with TekSavvy (in the London area)?

Does it go down often? Is it worth it?
They're really the only other stable alternative to Robelus. Helps they are good though. Word of warning, if you plan to switch do it asap as their queues are getting longer due to their recent speed upgrades.

soultron

Banned
Any Vita deals? Was hoping that 200$ deal was Canada too.

I'm waiting for Gamescom and possibly even TGS to wrap up.

Gamescom might bring price drop news and TGS may be the time the rumoured hardware revision may happen. (I've not been keeping up with any of this, so I'm unsure how feasible any of it is.)

I really want a Vita but the price just isn't where I'd like it to be right now. I'm in the same boat as you. :)

Stat!

Gotta question for people who pre-order. I pre-ordered GTAV on Future Shop. Will they deliver it so I get it on release date? I'm pretty sure Gamestop/EBgames does this but I don't know about Futureshop.

Does anyone know if Best Buy stopped doing their 800 Reward Zone points for game preorders? They took the selection of games off of the site, and none of the games you'd expect have it mentioned on their page.

espher

Alright, so I've got $86 in Amazon.ca gift certificate credit, and it's looking like Fire Emblem and SMT might fill that void. Since I like to buy retail whenever there is a retail release, what are some good eShop-only (digital only) titles that I might want to invest this credit on?

soultron

Banned
Alright, so I've got $86 in Amazon.ca gift certificate credit, and it's looking like Fire Emblem and SMT might fill that void. Since I like to buy retail whenever there is a retail release, what are some good eShop-only (digital only) titles that I might want to invest this credit on?

There's a fair bit of stuff that's worth the money, but it depends on what you're into. Care to detail some other titles you're into on 3DS?

espher

There's a fair bit of stuff that's worth the money, but it depends on what you're into. Care to detail some other titles you're into on 3DS?

Yeah, I actually thought I should mention that and went to edit my post but someone had already replied haha.

My 3DS library is actually pretty barren. Obviously RPGs would be a good choice (though I do have Crimson Shroud already), and I'm a fan of puzzle and rhythm games on a handheld. I suck at platformers, and I more or less want to avoid Virtual Console releases unless they're something that is super difficult to obtain a legit cart for (like Earthbound is).

Sajjaja

Gotta question for people who pre-order. I pre-ordered GTAV on Future Shop. Will they deliver it so I get it on release date? I'm pretty sure Gamestop/EBgames does this but I don't know about Futureshop.

Of the two times I have preordered from them, I always got it the day of release.

Has anyone else's Futuresop E3 Pre-Order of Saint's Row 4 or The Bureau not shipped yet?

Usually my stuff from there ships on like, the Thursday night prior to release but now it's Monday afternoon and still nothing.

Stat!

Of the two times I have preordered from them, I always got it the day of release.

Good to know. Anyone else pre-order from FS?

Has anyone else's Futuresop E3 Pre-Order of Saint's Row 4 or The Bureau not shipped yet?

Usually my stuff from there ships on like, the Thursday night prior to release but now it's Monday afternoon and still nothing.

That's not good. Can you update if you receive (or don't) it tomorrow?

iLLmAtlc

In the past, no, but for last of us yes, which was impressive considering it was sold out everywhere for weeks. I think they're working hard to get games out on release day now and with gtav I'd expect them to have a ton of stock so it's just a matter of getting their shit together.

Lexxism

In my case, I got my pre-order two before the release date. It happened to me twice.

Stat!

In the past, no, but for last of us yes, which was impressive considering it was sold out everywhere for weeks. I think they're working hard to get games out on release day now and with gtav I'd expect them to have a ton of stock so it's just a matter of getting their shit together.

In my case, I got my pre-order two before the release date. It happened to me twice.

So basically, one of you doesn't get it before release date (or on release date) and one of you does?

Okay...whats a good alternative? Gamestop? Amazon?

Nothing yet for my SR4. I even called about it on Thursday. They said something about trying to match my phone number with my credit card, which makes no sense. If I don't get a shipping notice tomorrow, I'm calling back.

CSampson

I'm waiting for Gamescom and possibly even TGS to wrap up.

Gamescom might bring price drop news and TGS may be the time the rumoured hardware revision may happen. (I've not been keeping up with any of this, so I'm unsure how feasible any of it is.)

I really want a Vita but the price just isn't where I'd like it to be right now. I'm in the same boat as you. :)

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. I guess waiting a bit longer wouldn't hurt. My friend has me on the Vita hunt for some co-op Dragon's Crown. 200 w/ a 32 gb card and I'd be sold. I haven't heard much about new revision but bigger screen sounds a little off putting to me.

iLLmAtlc

So basically, one of you doesn't get it before release date (or on release date) and one of you does?

Okay...whats a good alternative? Gamestop? Amazon?

I haven't ordered from them as much but if I didn't get the game on release day I almost always got it the next day, so it's not like they're awful. I live in Vancouver and they ship from Richmond so it doesn't take long once they actually send the game out.

I'm thinking of pre ordering the ps quadro today but tomorrow we might get the release date. I'm wondering if I should wait so if I pre order later I will actually know if I will get it for launch. I'm guessing Sony already informed retail in advance. Surprised there's no leak.

iLLmAtlc

I'm thinking of pre ordering the ps quadro today but tomorrow we might get the release date. I'm wondering if I should wait so if I pre order later I will actually know if I will get it for launch. I'm guessing Sony already informed retail in advance. Surprised there's no leak.

If you've made up your mind id just pre order it now. I can't think of any downside, as you can always cancel without cost. On the other hand who knows what the availability would be like after a publicized release date.

Haines

Banned
Does anyone know if Best Buy stopped doing their 800 Reward Zone points for game preorders? They took the selection of games off of the site, and none of the games you'd expect have it mentioned on their page.

Hi Puffy <3

edit: oh shoot i got member status. represent! any way to see when i got it?

Palehorse

I have done many preorders thru FS dating back to last September and they have all arrived day one, without exception.

From comparing a friend's shipping notices it seems like they stagger their shipments to ensure that the game arrives on day one, no matter where you live. He got his TLOU shipping notice a day before me but they both arrived same day. He lives up island, from Victoria.

Oshimai

There's a great deal on a Sony gaming laptop right now.

http://store.sony.ca/laptop/SVF152190S Non-touch/SVF152190S-Non-touch/en/vaio/8198552921666555311

VAIO Fit 15E Non-touch Custom Laptop

- 3rd gen Intel® Core&#8482; i7-3537U (2.00GHz / 3.10GHz with Turbo Boost)
- Windows 8 Professional 64-bit
- 15.5" LED backlit Full HD display (1920 x 1080)
- 8GB (4GB x2) DDR3L-1600MHz
- 500GB (5400rpm) hard drive
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 740M (2GB)

This came up to $925 including a $100 off coupon. Use the code VSC100 at the checkout.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
Tossing my name in as another one that has been getting stuff shipped out for release day delivery from Future Shop. I haven't had any issue on Future Shop's end, just my Canada Post person being annoying. They've all been marked as "Do not safe drop" so the delivery man isn't even attempting to deliver, they just drop off a notice in the mailbox and I have to hit up the post office after 6pm.

The last time it was Mario & Luigi Dream Team. There was a vehicle in the driveway, my brother was in the backyard mowing the lawn clearly visible from the front door and the door was open. They didn't even bother knocking just dropped off the slip and left. I'll have to ambush them next time they show up.

espher

All my stuff from Future Shop, esp. the stuff during the last E3 pre-order, has been shipped out the night before release or day of release, and it's all arrived several days after. Of course, it's mostly Nintendo stuff, and lolSundayreleases, so who knows?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a call from "Windows technical support", apparently my Windows isn't updating properly. I never knew they had the technology to see that, let alone knew my phone number, interesting.

I can't believe this stuff still exists, I wonder how many people are actually scammed.

Fuck it, I just pre-ordered at EB Games. I put $50 down so I don't think I can cancel. I asked if they had stock for launch and they said yes. Fingers crossed. On my reciept it said costumer #3341 or something. That's a lot of ps4.

Hey, I just bought Tales of Xillia Limited Edition from Future Shop and it says on the box that there's supposed to be a soundtrack cd but there isn't one in the box.

What's the deal?

Top Bottom