• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 3: Pining for the Good Old Days Edition

isny

napkin dispenser
Where would one lay hands on an antistatic bag? I need to ship a motherboard and like the idiot I am I didn't keep all of the original packing material.

I'm on the west coast but happy to ship it.

Staples sells anti-static bubble wrap. I'm sure you can get the bags though at places like Canada Computers.

Any deals on hard drives, got to be external tho and at least 1 TB.

Bought one a couple weeks back, $70 for a 1TB portable is about the standard price. Go for WD if you can (longer warranty and better reputation than Seagate).

3TB are dropping to the $100 range though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Where would one lay hands on an antistatic bag? I need to ship a motherboard and like the idiot I am I didn't keep all of the original packing material.

I'm on the west coast but happy to ship it.

Nevermind in that case. You can always print out the shipping invoice and return it in store. It shows up as a standalone purchase so no need to worry about the rest of your bundle getting canceled.

ohlawd

Bought one a couple weeks back, $70 for a 1TB portable is about the standard price. Go for WD if you can (longer warranty and better reputation than Seagate).

3TB are dropping to the $100 range though.
yup see them at 70-80 for 1TB at BB/FS.

Might as well bite on the 1TB
now and pick up a nice cheap 3TB laturr.

Thanks.

Cactus

Banned
Well, Future Shop's website still seems to be riddled with annoying glitches. I've been trying for the past 15 minutes to add a giftcard to a pre-existing order (which I've done before), but the order page is refusing to register the card.

Well, Future Shop's website still seems to be riddled with annoying glitches. I've been trying for the past 15 minutes to add a giftcard to a pre-existing order (which I've done before), but the order page is refusing to register the card.

Have not been able to do that on my past 3 gift cards... Had to e-mail them everytime! I hate them...

It's been particularly bad lately and it usually isn't that good.

I still need to contact them about the billing address not working for my credit card.

khaaan

If anyone was prompted to buy a Vita yesterday, check out your local Shoppers Drug Mart

HGv1ubL.jpg

8GB's on clearance, the one near my work had this and I know the one near my home has had one sitting around at the same price for a while as well. The 16Gig memory card seemed to be full, pre-price drop priced.

Sulla1980

If anyone was prompted to buy a Vita yesterday, check out your local Shoppers Drug Mart

8GB's on clearance, the one near my work had this and I know the one near my home has had one sitting around at the same price for a while as well. The 16Gig memory card seemed to be full, pre-price drop priced.

Found this in London as well. Those poor cards sat there on clearance for awhile; I snatched one up and gave it a good home.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
You $10 off every preorder on BestBuy's website, as long as you preorder 2+ games at the same time. It's supposed to be for $60+ games, but I added Super Luigi U to my order and it worked...!

Not as good as the E3 deal, but it's worth it for games you forgot to order, or games that weren't on the site back then. I got Luigi U, Killer is Dead and Mario Kart 8. I need to stop buying games...!

You $10 off every preorder on BestBuy's website, as long as you preorder 2+ games at the same time. It's supposed to be for $60+ games, but I added Super Luigi U to my order and it worked...!

Not as good as the E3 deal, but it's worth it for games you forgot to order, or games that weren't on the site back then. I got Luigi U, Killer is Dead and Mario Kart 8. I need to stop buying games...!

Cool. I missed out on preordering next-gen stuff on Futureshop's E3 deal.

So...how reliable is bestbuy.ca guys? I've actually never preordered stuff on there. I have my PS4 preordered on amazon.ca with priority shipping (for only $4 due to the Amazon Prime trial I was using at the time) and I don't want to be waiting for these games to come in for like a week afterward. Are the usually fast and reliable?

Online only, right?

I have 15$ reward certificate I want to use on Killer is Dead, but BestBuy is retarded and do not want to be convenient and let us use the certificate online... So it's either 44.99$ in store with my certificate or 49.99$ online and I keep my 15$ certificate. However, something like that always come up so I end up not spending my certificate. I could have gotten the game for 34.99 if they were not so bad...

Cool. I missed out on preordering next-gen stuff on Futureshop's E3 deal.

So...how reliable is bestbuy.ca guys? I've actually never preordered stuff on there. I have my PS4 preordered on amazon.ca with priority shipping (for only $4 due to the Amazon Prime trial I was using at the time) and I don't want to be waiting for these games to come in for like a week afterward. Are the usually fast and reliable?

Depends on the game but usually it comes on release day or the day after. They don't drop-ship, though, which means if you're not home, Canada Post will leave a slip and force you to pick it up from a post office.

Sadly, Hatsune Miku was sold out, but the $10 off is pretty good for the cheaper games. Ratchet & Clank, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Puppeteer and Rune Factory 4 for less than the cost of two full-priced console games? Sure!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Online only, right?

I have 15$ reward certificate I want to use on Killer is Dead, but BestBuy is retarded and do not want to be convenient and let us use the certificate online... So it's either 44.99$ in store with my certificate or 49.99$ online and I keep my 15$ certificate. However, something like that always come up so I end up not spending my certificate. I could have gotten the game for 34.99 if they were not so bad...
I set my redemption level at $20 and if there isn't something I want to buy before it expires I just pick up a $20 PSN card.

Question: FS 3G Vita + Walking Dead + 4GB card for $199. Is there a point to the 3G? I've played through Walking Dead and don't see much of a point in revisitng, so it just seems like $20 more for "nothing".

Sora_N

Is Super Luigi U going to be a limited release? I don't know when I'll get a WiiU, not sure if I should grab a copy first.

Is Super Luigi U going to be a limited release? I don't know when I'll get a WiiU, not sure if I should grab a copy first.

The retail edition is supposed to be a limited run I think, yes. The cheaper digital add-on version for NSMBU isn't going away though.

Sadly, Hatsune Miku was sold out, but the $10 off is pretty good for the cheaper games. Ratchet & Clank, FFX/X-2 Remaster, Puppeteer and Rune Factory 4 for less than the cost of two full-priced console games? Sure!

Wait, the games don't have to be $60? That suddenly makes it a much better deal!

FrsDvl

Not sure if posted but BestBuy has a buy 2 or more games and get 10$ off each one on right now from the 21st till the 25th for GamesCom ( Only on games 59,99 and up)

Sora_N

Not sure if posted but BestBuy has a buy 2 or more games and get 10$ off each one on right now from the 21st till the 25th for GamesCom ( Only on games 59,99 and up)

Not true, worked on 3DS games. I preordered Zelda. Also works on $49.99 (Witch and Hundred Knights).

Sora_N

Interesting since it clearly states 59,99 and up. Maybe an error on their side?

Yeah probably.

Anyone know if I can get a gift card back if I return items purchased with RZ points gift cards? I have points expiring soon, nothing really to buy.

Yeah probably.

Anyone know if I can get a gift card back if I return items purchased with RZ points gift cards? I have points expiring soon, nothing really to buy.

Don't know the answer to your question, but as Fuzzy suggested earlier you could always pick up a PSN or eshop card.

Top Bottom