• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I hope we see a drop in Assasins Creed Rogue over the holidays. Want to give it a go on 360. May just be the last past generation game that I'm planning on buying.

Roto13

3831d16208.jpg

tumblr_mkwyryd2IC1qd8thio1_500.gif

Ha ha ha ha ha, no, I do not think so

krae_man

Okay so I've got refunds for all my stolen games but Evil Within the second time but that was the most recent theft so it could just not have posted yet.

No contact from Best Buy though, just credits on my card.

Still, I can't get that collectors edition KH 2.5 anymore. That pin is long gone:(

Anyone know who delivers USPS packages when they arrive in Canada via airmail? I live about 2 hours away from Toronto and a REALLY important Christmas gift I ordered left the Toronto airport on December 13th and that's the last time my tracking was updated so something is up and I need to know who to contact!

Luigi87

Anyone know who delivers USPS packages when they arrive in Canada via airmail? I live about 2 hours away from Toronto and a REALLY important Christmas gift I ordered left the Toronto airport on December 13th and that's the last time my tracking was updated so something is up and I need to know who to contact!

USPS goes through Canada Post.

Roto13

Have their historically been any good tablet deals for Boxing Day? I'm in the market for one this year. Not counting dumb doorcrasher deals where they sell a piece of garbage for $5 and call it a deal. :p

Have their historically been any good tablet deals for Boxing Day? I'm in the market for one this year. Not counting dumb doorcrasher deals where they sell a piece of garbage for $5 and call it a deal. :p

I work at Walmart and all our sale tablets last boxing day were exactly what you described. Cheap garbage. Not sure about FS or BB though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Okay so I've got refunds for all my stolen games but Evil Within the second time but that was the most recent theft so it could just not have posted yet.

No contact from Best Buy though, just credits on my card.

Still, I can't get that collectors edition KH 2.5 anymore. That pin is long gone:(
It's time for you to start having your packages delivered to your work.

Tagg9

Future Shop / Best Buy:

$20 (PS4)
Infamous Second Son
Killzone Shadow Fall
LEGO Marvel
MLB The Show 14
Tomb Raider DE

$40 (Last Gen)
Borderlands The Pre-Sequel
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (PS3/360)
Destiny (PS3/360)
FIFA 15 (PS3/360)
NHL 15 (PS3/360)
Assassins Creed Rogue

$40 (XB1) / Buy 2 for $72
Forza Horizon 2 (XB1)
LEGO Batman 2 (XB1)
Lord of the Fallen (XB1)
Halo Master Chief Collection
Sunset Overdrive

Misc
Destiny (PS3/360/PS4/XB1) - $40
Super Smash Bros Wii U - $45
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (PS4/XB1) - $50

Anywhere have a deal on Toad's Treasure Tracker? I can't bring myself to call the fools at Best Buy again over the E3 mixup--would rather just buy it elsewhere...

i was hoping ps4 to be at a 399 + a game or two but seems like the best is

target with nfl and lbp + 70 giftcard. which isnt too bad, but the games dont interest me :0

hopefully ebgames will be better :'(

Stage On

Looks like no Ps4 for me on Black friday :(

Most of the bundles for it are nfl and lbp and I have absolutely no interest in either of those games :(

espher

Funny story, and it relates to my post earlier about wanting a Future Shop CS e-mail or something.

The tl;dr version is that they shipped me a damaged copy (box bent/creased because they jammed it into a cardboard mailer), then told me to go talk to my store about a replacement, which my store had to order from another store (by getting me to place an in-store order -- buying another copy, essentially), which arrived in even worse condition (bent/creased + corners crushed). Then they wouldn't let me leave with my original /or/ issue a refund on the second one because they scanned the receipt for the web purchase for the return instead of the one they shipped me, and the web store invoice was showing the product as 'returned', so they thought I was ripping them off somehow because I had a copy of the game I didn't 'pay for'. They eventually found out the 'returned' status was because FS web had to manually adjust my price for the E3 order and that it was never returned (nor was I refunded).

To top it off, they refused to do the return on my shipped copy (for some reason they couldn't articulate), and ended up doing a return on my web purchase and then doing a price match adjustment on the other purchase for the difference (???). The problem is that my web copy is on my Visa (which is paid in full, so now I'm floating a credit) and my in-store was on debit (so I don't have the cash back in my account).

Two trips (30m commute each trip) + 1hr waiting at the CS desk = still paying full price for a shitty beat up copy of KH 2.5 LE.

But on the bright side, I at least have my shitty beat up copy. :/

sikkinixx

Mordor from target, Halo + Lords of the Fallen from Bestbuy and Zelda fro. Walmart. Not amazing but it'll do. Hopefully Amazon busts out some good shit. I should have bought GTA when someone over on the BST thread had it for $40

Chilikar

Funny story, and it relates to my post earlier about wanting a Future Shop CS e-mail or something.

The tl;dr version is that they shipped me a damaged copy (box bent/creased because they jammed it into a cardboard mailer), then told me to go talk to my store about a replacement, which my store had to order from another store (by getting me to place an in-store order -- buying another copy, essentially), which arrived in even worse condition (bent/creased + corners crushed). Then they wouldn't let me leave with my original /or/ issue a refund on the second one because they scanned the receipt for the web purchase for the return instead of the one they shipped me, and the web store invoice was showing the product as 'returned', so they thought I was ripping them off somehow because I had a copy of the game I didn't 'pay for'. They eventually found out the 'returned' status was because FS web had to manually adjust my price for the E3 order and that it was never returned (nor was I refunded).

To top it off, they refused to do the return on my shipped copy (for some reason they couldn't articulate), and ended up doing a return on my web purchase and then doing a price match adjustment on the other purchase for the difference (???). The problem is that my web copy is on my Visa (which is paid in full, so now I'm floating a credit) and my in-store was on debit (so I don't have the cash back in my account).

Two trips (30m commute each trip) + 1hr waiting at the CS desk = still paying full price for a shitty beat up copy of KH 2.5 LE.

But on the bright side, I at least have my shitty beat up copy. :/

I just straight out cancelled my FS order in frustration when it didn't ship and got it off EB Games lol... FS really screwed up on the limited edition of KH2.5. EB Game's came damaged, but at least i have a copy that's not THAT damaged

TLoU PS4 at Walmart is all that I am for sure getting. Is Metro Redux any good? $20 seems like a decent deal. Walmart shows Lego Batman 3 for 360, should that be on sale for the same price on PS4? And, Future Shop has 50% off PS3 games, and they seem to be $20 ones. Should that apply to all current $20 games? Other than that, I am disappointed in the lack of PS+ and no $30 Diablo.

Is a wii remote for $25 a good price? I can get a refurbished remote/nunchuk from nintendo for $37~ish shipped for comparison.

This is assuming there's any benefit of having one with a Wii U... can't open it up till next week.

Was hoping for some good XBone bundles. Kinda disappointed because the only one out there it looks like is some refurbished bundle with Ryse (lol) for $349.99.

Guess I'll pray there are still Sunset Overdrive or AC Unity bundles out there, and pick up FH2 and Halo MCC

Maybe I'll get a new TV... Or not.

Top Bottom