• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

khaaan

So we aren't doing NEW DEAL anymore? =P

(Futureshop - Valid Dec 19 to Dec 24)
Buy Two of the following @ $65 e.a., get a free Amiibo of your choice:
-Hyrule Warriors
-Smash Bros U
-Mario Kart 8

I mean if you're going to pick up that Wii U deal then you're going to be getting at least two of those games right? =P

zroid

Banned
I know someone had said it would be the case, but it's now confirmed that Rosalina will be available at Canadian Targets

tXPVuQB.png

chrono01

I know someone had said it would be the case, but it's now confirmed that Rosalina will be available at Canadian Targets

tXPVuQB.png
Not even going to bother.

No online presence, and I'm really not interested in fighting myself through crowds to secure one in-store, especially considering how few Targets there are [at least, where I live]. I'll just try to order the Japanese version, preferably on AmiAmi [if they get more stock] so I can combine her with my other pre-orders for that month.

i-Jest

I try not to bleed Amiibo discussion into the deals thread but I was reading this Toys R Us Lucario Amiibo Reddit and found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comme...fellow_amiibo/

By the time of this post, the entry was 42 minutes ago. Take it with a measure s salt if you will.

tXPVuQB.png

The long odyssey continues. Two down two to go.

Am I correct in thinking when you redeem points at SDM you always pay tax on the total? Even if you have more money in points than the total cost of the purchase?

Am I correct in thinking when you redeem points at SDM you always pay tax on the total? Even if you have more money in points than the total cost of the purchase?

Points are taken off the taxed price i.e. ($250+tax) - $170.

I would assume you pay nothing if the price+tax was less than your redemption amount but that would be a "waste" IMO.

that's correct. unless of course you're buying stuff that isn't taxable.

Thanks. It kind of takes the wind out of my sails a little bit when it comes to the 20x promotions.

edit: just 'cause an employee told me previously the points credit is applied pre-tax, but when I went to use my points it was post-tax.

I swear it feels like SDM sends me emails about promotions every day or two. I still have 25k points there but I'm not sure I want to accrue any more.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So we aren't doing NEW DEAL anymore? =P

(Futureshop - Valid Dec 19 to Dec 24)
Buy Two of the following @ $65 e.a., get a free Amiibo of your choice:
-Hyrule Warriors
-Smash Bros U
-Mario Kart 8

I mean if you're going to pick up that Wii U deal then you're going to be getting at least two of those games right? =P
I still think we should do the red highlighting of new deals. Parsing all of this amiibo talk is rough in a way shipping talk isn't.

If anyone knows of any monitor deals, let me know. I'm thinking the BenQ RL2455HM at Memory Express for 199.99 but wondering if anyone has seen anything else (or the same monitor for cheaper).

I need it to be 22-24", have a DVI input, at least 2 HDMI ports and speakers (I also plug in a couple consoles into my monitor as well as my computer). 1 MS response time is a bonus (hence why I'm looking at RL2455HM) but not necessary. I'd prefer to stay BenQ as my current monitor is BenQ (GW2255) and I want it to be a second monitor so I'd like things to match but I'm open minded if anyone else has seen good deals.

the3ye

Day off for Rosalina? If weekday then I'll pass but I Hope they put her up over the weekend.
Offtopic a bit. Starbucks has Verismo 580 for around $50 (4x verismo pod packs). Not much coffee drinker but it looks quite nice. Any opinions on that?

Sora_N

tXPVuQB.png

There's only 2 Target stores even close enough for me. I'm not fighting alllll the Vancouver people. Guess I'm keeping my UK order.

the3ye

Just FYI. Lots of Luigis at TRU@Metrotown + I found hidden Diddy there, still there behind amiibo tv, put your hand behind it

ohlawd

Target can't handle preorders, right? So that does mean I should be staking out my Target early in the morning come February?

Harusame

I'm close enough to the Target in Coquitlam and Maple Ridge. If needed, I will possibly travel to the one in Langley and Metrotown...just to obtain Roselina

espher

There's one Target in my city, and it's nowhere near my home or work.

I just want one domestic Rosalina (for the 'set'), and I can import another for 'play'. Hopefully I can get one...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Ugh, fuck Nintendo for this marketing bullshit. I just want to buy an Amiibo without having to worry about scheduling my whole life around a release date.

Not bad COD Ghost for 10 bucks...

Bought,

Where....

Also, anyone know Shopper's Drug Mart locations on the west end of the city that have good video game stock for the sale tomorrow? I always find these Shopper's game sales useless because the locations around me barely carry any games.

Roto13

Where....

Also, anyone know Shopper's Drug Mart locations on the west end of the city that have good video game stock for the sale tomorrow? I always find these Shopper's game sales useless because the locations around me barely carry any games.

"The city."

Center of the universe.

Note that the $25 off $100+ applies across pretty much the whole site, so if there's anything you want from Best Buy you can take advantage of the promo (and not have to worry about potentially dodgy gift card antics).

wachie

Note that the $25 off $100+ applies across pretty much the whole site, so if there's anything you want from Best Buy you can take advantage of the promo (and not have to worry about potentially dodgy gift card antics).
Yes, I went with LBP3 + Driveclub + Murdered Soul for about 80CAD.

kingwingin

Anyone here order loot chests? I want to start collecting nerd crap for my room and was wondering if it's worth it?

Also where can I videogame related toys and figures? What's good quality?

Anyone here order loot chests? I want to start collecting nerd crap for my room and was wondering if it's worth it?

Also where can I videogame related toys and figures? What's good quality?

Hmm. In Toronto Gameshack/Gamecentre has some plushies and such, Iceman Video Games has toys and board games and the like.

Now if you want amazing trinkets, go to Sugar Mountain, they got amazing nicknacks based on old school gaming. I once had a sort of mini Donkey Kong Arcade machine thing, not sure if it was electronic or not. I saw DK dolls that were amazingly built and I brilliantly found the Diddy from the set at A&C back in 2010 and still have on me today! :D

Sora_N

The $25 discount seems weird, not sure how much each item is charged.

I tried 1 Amiibo + 3 Tekken and the discount is applied, but the prices for the items haven't changed, so wtf lol.

Top Bottom