• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ohlawd

yo lol decided to just buy from Amazon and est delivery is Jan 5th. Disgusting...

Yes unless the one you will talk is an ass

yeah it's not damaged or anything. I bought some amiibos as presents (lol) but they bought one of them today so now Link's an extra

Lexxism

Use their free amazon prime shipping? Unless you already used it.

I don't think you will have any problem returning. Never had any problem in the past but they always ask why I'm returning it lol

Canada tax + Atlus tax = absolutely disgusting. Especially just for a port with added content.

Amazon.ca listed it for $49.99 originally, while EBGames had it at $59.99. Guess Amazon made a change, which is unfortunate. I'll still buy it day 1. I mean I was originally expecting Kirby and the Rainbow Curse to be $59.99, so it being $44.99 kind of makes up for this.

Amazon.ca listed it for $49.99 originally, while EBGames had it at $59.99. Guess Amazon made a change, which is unfortunate. I'll still buy it day 1. I mean I was originally expecting Kirby and the Rainbow Curse to be $59.99, so it being $44.99 kind of makes up for this.

This is the only reason I bothered to pre-order Record Breaker, in case Amazon decided to raise their price. Glad I did, but even $49.99 might be too ridiculous considering I already played the DS version.

3831d16208.jpg

Oh wow. Probably will wait for a sale then.

diaspora

Sixty fucking dollars for the 3DS version of Devil Survivor 2? Really Atlus? This game better be able capable of fellatio to make it worth the cost over getting the DS one for $30.

Qwyjibo

They can't be serious with that price. I consider myself a huge fan of SMT games and would never consider buying it at that price.

zroid

Banned
There's no way that's the MSRP... must be a placeholder

unless it's $50 in the US and $60 here due to Canada tax... oh god that's actually possible isn't it?

Roto13

There's no way that's the MSRP... must be a placeholder

unless it's $50 in the US and $60 here due to Canada tax... oh god that's actually possible isn't it?

Isn't Persona Q $55 or something ridiculous like that in the eShop? Haven't checked retail.

Most stores are sold out of the Call of Duty X1 pad. I'd maybe buy one tomorrow then try for a price guarantee around Boxing Day, but don't feel like driving an hour.

big_z

I haven't been following the deals lately but any ps+/xbox live deals yet?
Any bayonetta 2 deals? I'm hoping target does its $15-$25 game thing again but it would be nice to have a backup.

Xenoflare

Does Superstore still sell electronics? Vancouver BTW. Got a gift card just wondering if it's going to be for groceries or games. :/

They still sell some consoles and games that are either bargain bin gems or laughable launch prices for a X year old game. The device selection has gone downhill though, for example no Vita's are carried at the one near me and only 2ds's are available. At least that's what I see most of the time

IIRC I remember seeing it selling the DSLite with a cooking game last year at $160

No_Style

Some suggestions:

-drop-down lists should collapse when they lose focus
-sometimes it auto-filters when I select an item, sometimes it doesn't
-no PC :(

- I'll have to talk to the developer about that one. I want that as well but it may have to be addressed later.
- That might be a bug or caching issue. I can't reproduce it :( Try opening an incognito/private tab to see if it's happening still. PM me browser details and what you steps you've taken to trigger auto filter if it's still happening.
- I haven't forgotten! I'll try to include them in tonight's update. :p

simpleton

This inetvideo site has some pretty sweet deals on the Mortsl Kombat Tournsment sticks. I'm not sure what the original retail price was on these things but i think it was between $150 and $200 in Canada. Now its on for $59.99 with only $2.75 shipping. I watched some unboxing videos of this and its build quality is amazing with Suzo Happ parts. I originally wasn't interested but then i decided to get one to use as a mame controller for my basement pc. You'll never get another controller of this quality for this price. They have 360 and ps3 versions available.

They also have some other cool collectors editions available that are pretty much impossible to get anywhere else right now except from amazon third part sellers and ebayers looking to get rich.

I want the mortal kombat book ends for my gaming room.

http://search.inetvideo.ca/search/k..._19_2014)&mc_cid=d63bb2f851&mc_eid=07a94438fd

Edit: dam both out of stock now. I just got my order placed in time.

Zing

Banned
I know this may seem dumb with boxing day coming up, but I'm bored and have nothing to do today, and am tempted to fill it with a PS4 and The Last of Us. Any idea where the best place to just buy the system and that game would be? I saw the EB deal, but I'd rather pay less than have two extra bundled games.

Lexxism

I know this may seem dumb with boxing day coming up, but I'm bored and have nothing to do today, and am tempted to fill it with a PS4 and The Last of Us. Any idea where the best place to just buy the system and that game would be? I saw the EB deal, but I'd rather pay less than have two extra bundled games.

Every PS4 prices are 449.99. I think your best bet will be RCSS no tax on Boxing day or on Boxing week. You can get it cheaper than the 399.99+tax (at least with 13% tax in ON)

not sure, since most stores are selling it for 449 with only tlou digital.

so the ebgames deal is actually pretty good. same price but you get gta5 and another digital game.

krae_man

The Xbone deals are refurbished :lol

I don't see anything worthwhile other then the crap shoot discount older games like The sources "up to 90% off".

Every PS4 prices are 449.99. I think your best bet will be RCSS no tax on Boxing day or on Boxing week. You can get it cheaper than the 399.99+tax (at least with 13% tax in ON)

Various retailers are offering gift cards on top, if that's appealing to anyone. Target has a $70 gift card and I think Toys R' Us has a $30 gift card? The Target deal is clearly the one to get, especially as people have reported that the cashier will sometimes apply the gift card directly to the purchase, i.e. you could walk out with a PS4 bundle for $379.99 and no GC instead of paying $449.99 and getting a $70 GC.

On the other hand, you'd actually have to leave the house, which doesn't sound appealing to me in the least.

QaaQer

I know people rag on EB games, but I traded in like 30 ps3/3ds/vita/wii/wiiU games there I was never going to play again, got $400 with GTAV for free because of a trade in promo last week. They also have a trade in promo for new hardware. So if you have a bunch of dust collectors, you might think about that.

Jsheldon

I'm at $240 in PC points, crossing my fingers for a hot Boxing Day deal since I was out I country for the BF weekend deal they had :/

Ryde3

Hey guys, can anyone suggest a good 5.1 sound system that will be on sale during Boxing Day/Week? One of my rear speakers died on mine and I'm not sure I'll be able to replace it (seems like a proprietary input) Thanks in advance!

PS: it doesn't need to be amazing, my current system was 200$ and did me just fine - I would be open to a sound bar aswell although I hear mixed reviews about how 'surround' the sound is.

Anyone know where i can get a cheap Sunset Overdrive, pre dec 26. I know Walmart has it at 25$ for Dec 26 day, but i really wanted to have the game under the christmas tree as a present.... :(

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Target flyer is out...

PO09qSL.jpg

edit: old news apparently :p well whatever

dem $3 pillows tho

Z86mqx6.png
Does that mean $30 off or those games are $30?

I want Mordor but the price looks like it'd be the same as Walmart, $39.96, not $29.99.

khaaan

Man, I want a couple of those games from Target but I don't want to leave the house.I want to know what "and more" classifies as though. If I can get Hyrule Warriors for that much then I might be tempted to leave the house.

Top Bottom