• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Harusame

Question about buying a phone at Futureshop, will the people working there take the phone out of the box and mess around with the settings or will they just get your information and set up a plan?
When I purchased my Galaxy S4 from Futureshop last year, they did open the box and the phone, but it was just to confirm whether the phone and battery were fully functioning, as well as insert the SIM card. Other than that, they did not mess with the settings.

Big Chungus

When I purchased my Galaxy S4 from Futureshop last year, they did open the box and the phone, but it was just to confirm whether the phone and battery were fully functioning, as well as insert the SIM card. Other than that, they did not mess with the settings.

aww i was hoping to do that stuff myself

A pay as you go plan maybe?

Try zoomerwireless? They are rogers reseller. You can get 400mins call with 1gb data for $36.
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/cityphone-net-double-data-minutes-text-any-two-year-plan-1554357/

Speakout wireless. $10 is good for a year.

Port the number to voip.ms? I haven't done it and you should research it yourself.

Thanks guys, I am gonna give rogers a call tomorrow, I will update you guys.

Fuck Rogers,

I called them, got the biggest dick on the phone. He would not give me an exact price of how much my disconnection would cost, he said ~$700. I said I wanted to know the exact price (so I could pay it), he said the only way I would get the exact price is if I committed to the cancellation. Then he would put me through to their cancellation department who would have an exact price for me.I wanted to think about cancelling before going through with, like fuck me right?

Fuck Rogers, I got a reference number to the conversation so that they could hunt the employee down, because I felt he wasnt telling me the entire story.

London Drugs Boxing Day

Forza Horizon 2, Sunset Overdrive $44.99
Lego Marvel last gen, Batman Origins $14.99
Lego Marvel current gen, Lego Movie last gen $19.99
Lego Movie current gen, Mordor last gen $29.99
Mordor current gen $39.99
NHL 15, Dragon Age $49.99
NHL 15 Ultimate, Dragon Age Deluxe $59.99
PS4 with NHL 15, LBP 3, Far Cry 4 $449.99

Tiktaalik

Any Wii Controller and Pro Controller deals anywhere? I realized just now that it'd be great to take my Wii U over to my family's house but I need another controller...

zroid

Banned
Any Wii Controller and Pro Controller deals anywhere? I realized just now that it'd be great to take my Wii U over to my family's house but I need another controller...

I can attest to that. There's not much better than a Wii U at holiday family gatherings! It's served me well these last few Decembers.

jholmes

Fuck Rogers,

I called them, got the biggest dick on the phone. He would not give me an exact price of how much my disconnection would cost, he said ~$700. I said I wanted to know the exact price (so I could pay it), he said the only way I would get the exact price is if I committed to the cancellation. Then he would put me through to their cancellation department who would have an exact price for me.I wanted to think about cancelling before going through with, like fuck me right?

Fuck Rogers, I got a reference number to the conversation so that they could hunt the employee down, because I felt he wasnt telling me the entire story.

They're spouting a lot of corporate PR BS lately about improving their customer service and every time they do I just recall every bad situation I've ever had with them and find it hard to believe. So hey, what do you know, nothing's changed.

On the upside if someone there really does want to improve things, complaining will get you somewhere.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Would Best Buy/Future shop or Wal-Mart price match on boxing day? I want to get Mordor for $30 but there isn't a Target close by

Taken from the Best buy website:

'Remember, the Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Boxing Day, or Boxing Week sale prices.'

Wal mart and fs not too sure about though...

They're spouting a lot of corporate PR BS lately about improving their customer service and every time they do I just recall every bad situation I've ever had with them and find it hard to believe. So hey, what do you know, nothing's changed.

On the upside if someone there really does want to improve things, complaining will get you somewhere.

Even worst, they fucking ruined hockey for everyone. And now when you call the say, "Thanks for calling the home of hockey", like they want to rub it in.

Stage On

Man, I want a couple of those games from Target but I don't want to leave the house.I want to know what "and more" classifies as though. If I can get Hyrule Warriors for that much then I might be tempted to leave the house.

I made the mistake of going to target on Black Friday hoping they would have some good "and more" games that weren't listed in the flyer. It was a utter waste of time

Your best bet will probablly be Amazon.ca lowering it to $49.99 again like they did on the black friday weekend

Lexxism

Fuck Rogers,

You can contact them through their chat. It is much easier and less hassle.

Xenoflare

Fuck Rogers,

It's just so frustrating because apparently if you want to get these kind of things fixed in a timely fashion you'd need the media to make a news out of this.

I'm cancelling all of my Amiibo orders at Amazon and switching them over to EB. Amazon hasn't been sending me anything beyond the first wave.

StevieP

Banned
Fuck Rogers,

Their cancellation department is sometimes code for their retentions department. This is the department where you can get like... Half price plans or better (see rfd or howardforums for details on current deal plans). The guy was likely providing you with a large number so that the customer relations folks can appease you with much better numbers. It's a shit tactic, but it is a tactic.

Kilvin

Luigi and Pit are now available at EBgames

Oh man, guess where I'm going on lunch? Appreciate the heads up.

Edit% Wait, can anyone confirm? My three locations are still showing zero stock on Pit and Luigi on the website

EDIT 2: Looks like you meant the website itself. Luigi still available but Pit gone. I did notice the date has switched on them to 12/23 instead of 12/31 though so it may still be worth a trip to the store.

God I'm going to regret this, the mall is going to be nuts

zroid

Banned
Cineplex Store definitely taking a step back this year. Deal is similar, but instead of 50% off everything, it's only 15% off.

WRn2W3p.png

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Boxing Day deals suck

Steam Sale sucks

2014 ends with a whimper.

isny

napkin dispenser
Have two of those. But want just another Pro controller because.

The Hori ones are highly recommended right now if you can't get GC. It's almost the same feel, and it's definitely very sturdy.

The Hori ones still feel a little light to me though. I'm still debating opening it up and putting something in it to weigh it down a lil.

sikkinixx

Boxing Day deals suck

Steam Sale sucks

2014 ends with a whimper.

Yup. I have three things I have written down to buy and I'm probably gonna bail on two of them. Zelda for $25 is about the only solid solid deal. Hell I'm getting WAY better deals between eBay and the BST thread here. Sucks man, I miss the Boxing Days of yore where I would come home with a dozen bags full of loot.

isny

napkin dispenser
Yup. I have three things I have written down to buy and I'm probably gonna bail on two of them. Zelda for $25 is about the only solid solid deal. Hell I'm getting WAY better deals between eBay and the BST thread here. Sucks man, I miss the Boxing Days of yore where I would come home with a dozen bags full of loot.

Isn't Zelda still $20 at SDM?

Dazzler

Was in Toys R Us on West Broadway in Vancouver last night, they had a bunch of Luigi out on the shelves, not sure how widespread it is so just wanted to give a heads up

Kilvin

Luigi and Pit are now available at EBgames

I could literally reach through the screen and kiss you right now!

Called the EB near my work and they had Pit and Falcon, even kinder was the fact the EB employee was kind enough to put them aside for me :) What a wonderful early Xmas present.

Thank you so much Lexxus

9VguX4Q.jpg

zroid

Banned
I could literally reach through the screen and kiss you right now!

Called the EB near my work and they had Pit and Falcon, even kinder was the fact the EB employee was kind enough to put them aside for me :) What a wonderful early Xmas present.

Thank you so much Lexxus

9VguX4Q.jpg

hnnnnngh

so tempted to get a Cap amiibo

must resist D:

Top Bottom