• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Man, I want a couple of those games from Target but I don't want to leave the house.I want to know what "and more" classifies as though. If I can get Hyrule Warriors for that much then I might be tempted to leave the house.

How much is Hyrule Warriors going for? I haven't seen it in any boxing day flyer. Only Smash...

Black Friday looks better than Boxing Day, which kind of makes sense. Canadian retailers have to compete with US retailers so they'll be more aggressive. Also Black Friday isn't a holiday here so it's harder to get Canadians to the stores that day (technically it's not a holiday in the US either but most take it off).

With Boxing Day it's a Canadian thing and with most people getting the day off they'll stand in line even though the deals are mediocre.

- I'll have to talk to the developer about that one. I want that as well but it may have to be addressed later.
- That might be a bug or caching issue. I can't reproduce it :( Try opening an incognito/private tab to see if it's happening still. PM me browser details and what you steps you've taken to trigger auto filter if it's still happening.
- I haven't forgotten! I'll try to include them in tonight's update. :p

Not sure about that bug but I was clicking around aimlessly so it's probably just my browser. Thanks for including PC.

khaaan

How much is Hyrule Warriors going for? I haven't seen it in any boxing day flyer. Only Smash...

No sale on it so far. I have it for $50 shipped though if you're interested. Just shoot me a PM.

It's $50 at Walmart I believe =P

I really liked what I played of the game at a store kiosk but based on my experience with Muso games I'm hesitant to spend more than ~$35 at the moment. It doesn't seem to go on sale that often so I'm worried it might end up leaving shelves before it gets discounted.

khaaan

Nah, just Smash according to the flyer. Mine would still be cheaper regardless =p

I think $50 is the actual price it's retailing for, no sale or anything. I'm almost 100% sure that's the price I saw it at when I went to Walmart last week. I'll double check tonight but yeah, adding tax you're still cheaper.

isny

napkin dispenser
$3 pillows at Target eh?

Wonder if WM will have that same pillow deal up this year!!

I wish mech kb's got decent sales here :(

I honestly couldn't sleep on anything other than a memory foam pillow ever again after having one while living in Europe. So I'll keep an eye out for pillow deals, but not as methodically as I have in the past, lol

Glad the rest of Canada GAF can keep up my tradition of getting excited over pillows though :)

Dazzler

I honestly couldn't sleep on anything other than a memory foam pillow ever again after having one while living in Europe. So I'll keep an eye out for pillow deals, but not as methodically as I have in the past, lol

Glad the rest of Canada GAF can keep up my tradition of getting excited over pillows though :)

where's the best place to pick up a reasonably priced memory foam pillow? My neck has been hurting for a few weeks now

isny

napkin dispenser
where's the best place to pick up a reasonably priced memory foam pillow? My neck has been hurting for a few weeks now

I've been looking for the past few weeks since I got back to Canada as my down feather pillows just aren't cutting it anymore after using the memory foam one for so long. Walmart seems to have cheap ones, but very few reviews for any of them.

Let me know if you find a reasonably priced comfortable one.

poodpick

I've been looking for the past few weeks since I got back to Canada as my down feather pillows just aren't cutting it anymore after using the memory foam one for so long. Walmart seems to have cheap ones, but very few reviews for any of them.

Let me know if you find a reasonably priced comfortable one.

Doesn't memory foam get really hot?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Has anyone spotted any keyboard deals for boxing day? Wired if possible.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I don't know if anyone cares but,

NEW DEAL

y7fIRT7.jpg

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
I am looking to replace my old 42" LG 1080p TV. Any suggestions? I see 4K TVs for like 900-1200$. How is that for console gaming and movies.

Should I go 1080p and 240hz LED 60"

Or

4K 120hz 55"

srst

Do 4K TVs even have good response time? I'd go for a higher end 1080p. Maybe other people can chime in on this.

I am looking to replace my old 42" LG 1080p TV. Any suggestions? I see 4K TVs for like 900-1200$. How is that for console gaming and movies.

Should I go 1080p and 240hz LED 60"

Or

4K 120hz 55"

If you only want the TV for console gaming and movies, I think 1080p and 60hz is a much better choice budget wise. I don't think there would be a console game that would go over 1080p with 60 fps in next 10 years, and by that time you might already want to replace your TV

If you only want the TV for console gaming and movies, I think 1080p and 60hz is a much better choice budget wise.

Yeah, if you're just doing PS4/Xbox One gaming go with this. (If you had the disposable income and are just trying to future proof, there's no point unless you're gaming on a PC hooked up to your TV for 4k gaming. PS4/Xbox One are not made to do 4K gaming)

I take it eb isn't participating in Boxing Day? Kinda taking forever to post their flyer no?

EB has never done anything in terms of actual deals from Boxing Day. When I worked there (8 years ago?) we literally had no deals yet we still had lines out the door... So... They don't have to do anything for Boxing Day. Kids just bring their Christmas money anyway.

I take it eb isn't participating in Boxing Day? Kinda taking forever to post their flyer no?

They usually wait until the last minute. The manager at my local EB told me on Black Friday that their management is sure that if they post it too soon, other places will price match them. Not sure if that applies to Boxing Day too, but it seems that way.

Past

EB has never done anything in terms of actual deals from Boxing Day. When I worked there (8 years ago?) we literally had no deals yet we still had lines out the door... So... They don't have to do anything for Boxing Day. Kids just bring their Christmas money anyway.

Not true at all. They usually have pretty good deals on Boxing Day (week), last year they had Max Payne 3 for 9.99 and GTA V for 39.99 along with other newish games in the $10-$40 range. I specifically remember getting a lot of the recent Ubisoft games for $10 years ago.

Ventara

What? I'm pretty sure they do pretty good deals, like the 50% off used games if you bought 5.

They usually wait until the last minute. The manager at my local EB told me on Black Friday that their management is sure that if they post it too soon, other places will price match them. Not sure if that applies to Boxing Day too, but it seems that way.

This doesn't make any sense because they usually have the same games on sale, but at a higher price.

the3ye

EB is weird. I still don't get people buying opened (most likely used by stuff) games as brand new for full price. Lines at EB are always huge. Don't prople know about better prices at other stores, or they just don't care?

Plus, it looks like Lucario is already sold out at TRU site?! Do they also carry those preorder cards as in the US? I've never seen them at my local store.

isny

napkin dispenser
Plus, it looks like Lucario is already sold out at TRU site?! Do they also carry those preorder cards as in the US? I've never seen them at my local store.

No they don't do preorder cards for Amiibos.

The preorder has yet to go live afaik. Sign up to be notified when preorders are avail. They only put the listing up today.

i-Jest

No they don't do preorder cards for Amiibos.

The preorder has yet to go live afaik. Sign up to be notified when preorders are avail. They only put the listing up today.

I have a feeling I'll be up all night waiting for this one. It'll go fast for sure.

Past

EB is weird. I still don't get people buying opened (most likely used by stuff) games as brand new for full price. Lines at EB are always huge. Don't prople know about better prices at other stores, or they just don't care?

What other options are there for games? BB, FS, Target, WM all have larger crowd since they sell more than just video games. I guess there's always online, but some people don't want to wait a week later to get their games during this time of the year, not to mention online stocks are always low compared to in-store for these type of sales.

Anyone got any coupons for Best Buy usable in-store? Thinking of getting a TV tomorrow. I know of the $10 gift certificate thing but I'm not buying online. :(

I hear ya, I sometimes get annoyed by it, but really once you open your copy it's basically used too. I almost always opt for a used copy to save a couple bucks as long as there's not significant damage to the packaging.

EB's usually a decent place to go to for Boxing Day sales on more obscure games, because they put so many on sale. This Black Friday wasn't so hot, though, which makes me skeptical of Boxing Day as well.

Big Chungus

Question about buying a phone at Futureshop, will the people working there take the phone out of the box and mess around with the settings or will they just get your information and set up a plan?

Someone please remind me have GTX970/980 ever gone on sale before?
Like $360 for a Zotac/PNY 970 on boxing day, wtf

Not really, but there have been ways to shave some cash off the price through creative means--I think the best deal so far was when Staples had the Zotac 970 for $363 and you could apply coupons against it.

Top Bottom