• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikkinixx

Man, seeing the Vizio P series pricing is disappointing. 65" is $1999 Us which would be $2550 here based on the exchange rate but we get an extra $350 on top of that just because fuck you Canada.

Are we getting the 2016 M series soon? I *just* got a M55 yesterday from Costco but I'm pretty sure I'll be returning it (has some weird splotch marks on the screen in a few different places).

Sora_N

My brother I drank 2 litres of pepsi/coke/cola a day for years. I had brittle bones, was overweight and some skin issues because the massive amounts of sugar meant I wasn't able to regulate insulin properly. To control my cravings I found the caffeine had addicted me as much as the sugar so I bought caffeine free pepsi. 9 days of the most powerful headaches ever, flu like symptoms, aches and fatigue. And then after 3 months, gave up cola altogether. 6+ years now, 50 pounds less, and my skin has bever been better and even fixed my insomnia. Going diet cola is a step. But the best step is cutting it out altogether. Try caffeine free for a while as well. That way you get your sugar but if you get massive headaches you're probably just as much addicted to the caffeine as well.

I'm focusing on my health and even though I barely drank pop before I cut it completely. I don't have a sweet tooth so it wasn't hard.

I drank way too much caffeine though and I can't drink any at all now. I get heart palpitations. Basically I can feel my heart beat intensely. This was over 2 months ago. I tried a few things but it was caffeine that did that to me. I don't even drink tea or whatever now. Every morning sucks but better than feeling like I'm dying at night lol.

Uncharted 4 on Tuesday for me, no luck on an early copy (so far). Can't beat the price I got on the Special Edition though.

MxJCBFD.png

Meh. My standard edition copy arrived today and was $32.24 after tax.

It was up on bestbuy.ca but got taken down this morning. I assume they were just putting it in their system and accidently posted it as the Vizio.ca site still doesn't mention it.

I tweeted Costco.ca on Twitter and this was the response

BE83F8BD-2186-40C6-B323-E1CA5707CF48.png

I'm waiting for Costco to have it. $99 for the 5 year Warrenty

Thanks for tweeting them. Christmas time hopefully it well get near par pricing with US regular msrp (while they get Black Friday pricing, sigh)

Rbk_3

Are we getting the 2016 M series soon? I *just* got a M55 yesterday from Costco but I'm pretty sure I'll be returning it (has some weird splotch marks on the screen in a few different places).

I would assume so. I would hold off for the new M. You're getting double the dimming zones and Dolby Vision.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Nope. You?

They have until Monday to prove it was delivered or respond to my Paypal claims regardless of the bullshit lies they were trying to tell (couldn't refund my money so long as I had a claim open).
I'll probably call Canada Post again to see if it is actually still stuck in customs. I already asked them to check with Singpost, but they said they haven't heard back from them. It's just weird that it's being held for that long if it really is in customs.

N° 2048

Neat. Now if only they got Coke Remix machines

yooo Subway near me just got those machines.

I've never been actually encouraged to mix drinks until now haha it was so weird. The owner at Subway was like "mix them all up and create your own flavor"

I always felt I was rebellious doing it as a kid, no idea why.

yooo Subway near me just got those machines.

I've never been actually encouraged to mix drinks until now haha it was so weird. The owner at Subway was like "mix them all up and create your own flavor"

I always felt I was rebellious doing it as a kid, no idea why.

your subway has Coke? mine has Pepsi. their machine is way less interesting than the Remix but similar

Pepsi > Coke tho

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Thanks!

This is the same machine at my Subway

These things don't have as much variety as the ones I've seen at some movie theatres. I was really happy to see these new machines at my Subway but they just don't have the variety like Pibb.

N° 2048

Really? I always saw Dr Pepper with mountain dew and they always appeared alongside Pepsi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dr_Pepper_Snapple_Group

In 2006 and 2007, Cadbury Schweppes purchased the Dr Pepper/Seven Up Bottling Group, along with several other regional bottlers. This allowed DPS to bottle many of its own beverages and combat the recent decision by many Pepsi and Coke bottlers to drop their products. Some of the Dr Pepper/Seven Up brands are still licensed to Pepsi, Coke and independent bottlers in various regions of the United States and Canada.

These things don't have as much variety as the ones I've seen at some movie theatres. I was really happy to see these new machines at my Subway but they just don't have the variety like Pibb.

Pibb > Dr.Pepper.

DayEnder

I do have Prime actually. I have no idea why mine is suddenly not going to be here until a week after release.

Yeah that's strange. My delivery dates kept getting worse and worse until I got Prime. You should contact them, since Prime is supposed to have 2 day delivery (excluding remote areas, so it could depend on where you live). You might even get lucky with some discount/credit for your trouble.

i-Jest

I didn'nt even know this was a thing until you mentioned it. Give it some time or tweet EB Canada for details.

Subway is definitely a Pepsi joint now, every Subway I've been to in the past little while has been Pepsi after being Coke for a long time, and the one place that had Coke bottles and a Pepsi fountain is now completely Pepsi as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom