• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Does anyone else here have the old PS Store design for PS4? Is the new one only for the US or something?

etta

my hard graphic balls
I still have the old one.
Interesting.

On the Uncharted 4 Amazon topic, I don't know what the hell is going on here. I've talked with the third rep. today and they said due to stock delay they can only ship it out on May 13. They upgraded my shipping to express but that doesn't do jack shit if it ships out 3 days late anyway...
Every other damn store has them available on May 10 and even they have it already as other people have received their copies, what the hell is this?!?

Interesting.

On the Uncharted 4 Amazon topic, I don't know what the hell is going on here. I've talked with the third rep. today and they said due to stock delay they can only ship it out on May 13. They upgraded my shipping to express but that doesn't do jack shit if it ships out 3 days late anyway...
Every other damn store has them available on May 10 and even they have it already as other people have received their copies, what the hell is this?!?

Just a guess, but I think that the delays in the release date screw with the system. I have nothing to base this off of other then Uncharted for everyone now and past experience with delayed games.

jred2k

Amazon seems to be having stock issues with high profile releases lately. I know people ended up having Division preorders cancelled and it seems like there have been others since.

Faenix1

Are vanilla/cherry coke at most walmarts or is it more of a "hit or miss" thing? Contemplating asking my sister to check her walmart for me but I'd rather not unless there's a decent shot of them having some.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Amazon seems to be having stock issues with high profile releases lately. I know people ended up having Division preorders cancelled and it seems like there have been others since.
The same bullshit happened with Quantum Break. They still hadn't shipped it out on the day after release and when I contacted them they said they just got stock...but you could have bought the damn thing on release day if you hadn't pre-ordered and waited for them to ship it out.
They had to cancel the then current order and make a new one with express shipping and it ended up shipping the same day...
They're getting real fucking sloppy. I might have to switch to Best Buy pre-orders for E3 this year.

The same bullshit happened with Quantum Break. They still hadn't shipped it out on the day after release and when I contacted them they said they just got stock...but you could have bought the damn thing on release day if you hadn't pre-ordered and waited for them to ship it out.
They had to cancel the then current order and make a new one with express shipping and it ended up shipping the same day...
They're getting real fucking sloppy. I might have to switch to Best Buy pre-orders for E3 this year.
WTF? And here they shipped out my copy tuesday I got it friday(nice prime shipping you goofs).

UberTag

My copy hasn't even entered into the 'preparing for shipment' stage.
Do I care? Nope. It'll get here when it gets here.

Sora_N

Interesting.

This always happens with Amazon lol.

zroid

Banned
Nintendo trying to overcompensate for when they priced their games at $65 when the other pubs had already gone to $70 or $80

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Damn, they increased the price a bit from just a few days ago. Think it started at $49, then went to $53, now $57 lol.

$59 now for the Origins Edition, do they sell the regular as well? Fuck, I wish I had gotten into one of the closed betas before because I didn't know I needed this in my life so badly. Have you guys had any success trading games from the E3 preorders to any preorder really. If I could swap my Odin Sphere for this it would be fantastic, either on BB or Amazon.

Fularu

Banned
God damn it. I guess I'll look into Best Buy's E3 deal this year.

If you need a game day one, why don't you just take same day delivery? Unlike Best Buy, at least Amazon will lower the price if it changes and still apply the promotion and their system isn't a pita if you change credit cards or move.

$59 now for the Origins Edition, do they sell the regular as well? Fuck, I wish I had gotten into one of the closed betas before because I didn't know I needed this in my life so badly. Have you guys had any success trading games from the E3 preorders to any preorder really. If I could swap my Odin Sphere for this it would be fantastic, either on BB or Amazon.

With the current exchange rate the normal edition off Battle.net is $52 or so, and I don't give a shit about any of the digital extras so I'll probably just do that even if the CDKeys stuff goes back down to $49 (which I doubt at this point, but you never know).

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you need a game day one, why don't you just take same day delivery? Unlike Best Buy, at least Amazon will lower the price if it changes and still apply the promotion and their system isn't a pita if you change credit cards or move.
I don't need day one delivery, I just need it to be shipped out when it's released. 100% of my past orders have shipped from a warehouse in my city, so they always get here on the second day after being shipped, with free shipping. I don't see how Amazon fails to realize how useless it is to ship out an item 3 days after release date, when every other store would ship it out on or slightly before release date.

I don't need day one delivery, I just need it to be shipped out when it's released. 100% of my past orders have shipped from a warehouse in my city, so they always get here on the second day after being shipped, with free shipping. I don't see how Amazon fails to realize how useless it is to ship out an item 3 days after release date, when every other store would ship it out on or slightly before release date.

Because other retailers aren't trying to sell you subscriptions to get faster shipping.

i-Jest

New Deal-ish?
Nitroplus Blazters: Heroines Infinite Duel - $34.99 (Amazon) - Note that Best Buy currently has this clearance for $44.97, so time to price match!

Best Buy also has some titles on clearance, but the prices aren't any good yet. Worth keeping an eye on in case they drop further.

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (Vita) - $34.97
Megadimension Neptunia VII - $69.97
Trillion: God of Destruction - $49.97

Should I make the order and then call in for a price adjustment, or just make the order through CSR when I call in? I haven't price matched online since the Pikachu XL preorders way back.

Ventara

Should I make the order and then call in for a price adjustment, or just make the order through CSR when I call in? I haven't price matched online since the Pikachu XL preorders way back.

You make the order first and then call, unless things have changed recently.

Stage On

New Deal-ish?
Nitroplus Blazters: Heroines Infinite Duel - $34.99 (Amazon) - Note that Best Buy currently has this clearance for $44.97, so time to price match!

Best Buy also has some titles on clearance, but the prices aren't any good yet. Worth keeping an eye on in case they drop further.

Aegis of Earth: Protonovus Assault (Vita) - $34.97
Megadimension Neptunia VII - $69.97
Trillion: God of Destruction - $49.97

Lol I'd like to get Neptunia VII but Best buy must be smoking something calling it clearance while the price is still $70

Guess the days of waiting for this type of stuff to get cheaper are coming to a close as they start carrying less and less stock. Both stores near me already have a way smaller game section then they used to :(

Tapejara

Lol I'd like to get Neptunia VII but Best buy must be smoking something calling it clearance while the price is still $70

Guess the days of waiting for this type of stuff to get cheaper are coming to a close as they start carrying less and less stock. Both stores near me already have a way smaller game section then they used to :(

Yeah lol, it's hilarious that to Best Buy "clearance" now means "$5 off MSRP." I'm going to hold out in hopes that I can get Nep at a good price, but knowing my luck it'll go straight from $70 to $2.97 and out of stock because Best Buy.

Fularu

Banned

Items are shipped on a time of order basis. If 1548 people preordered the game before you, you'll wait after them unless you use a faster shipping method. Especially with free shipping.

jred2k

Items are shipped on a time of order basis. If 1548 people preordered the game before you, you'll wait after them unless you use a faster shipping method. Especially with free shipping.

How does that make sense with pre-ordering, though? It's not like they should be blindsided by demand and the shipping should be easy top prep and have ready for pickup.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Oh, I didn't know that. Never had it happen with any of my other pre-orders. In fact, I've never had this happen before October of last year with Halo 5 pre-order. Halo, Black Ops, Quantum Break and now Uncharted all suffering from this delayed shipping.
Does the $3.50 standard shipping prevent that? I'll just start paying that I suppose, or get Prime.

I don't think this is true, I've seen cases where people who pre-ordered with free shipping days before release (or even people who order after release) get their copies before my years-old pre-order.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I don't think this is true, I've seen cases where people who pre-ordered with free shipping days before release (or even people who order after release) get their copies before my years-old pre-order.

Yes. Pre-orders that they had delayed a week because of free shipping were In-Stock on their site.

xzoowy

If you are using Free Shipping, dont expect them to start processing your order on release day. Here is a excerpt of a customer service chat respond I received on the subject.

"To get a release day delivery, a pre order must be placed with either two shipping or one day shipping and it also depends upon the address which you have selected for the delivery, Not every addresses in Canada are eligible for release day delivery. You have selected the delivery method as free shipping, with which your order doesn't qualify for the release day delivery. By using free shipping, once the item is released, it requires 5-8 business days for complete process of shipping the item from the order to get deliver to your address."

etta

my hard graphic balls
If you are using Free Shipping, dont expect them to start processing your order on release day. Here is a excerpt of a customer service chat respond I received on the subject.

"To get a release day delivery, a pre order must be placed with either two shipping or one day shipping and it also depends upon the address which you have selected for the delivery, Not every addresses in Canada are eligible for release day delivery. You have selected the delivery method as free shipping, with which your order doesn't qualify for the release day delivery. By using free shipping, once the item is released, it requires 5-8 business days for complete process of shipping the item from the order to get deliver to your address."
Jesus, 4-5 years of orders from them and never happened until now.
QQ.
Does Best Buy do the same? Wasn't competition supposed to keep this from happening? :/

Now that King's Quest is on sale, is it worth it to get the complete collection, even if I downloaded the first episode with PS Plus? Was this issue eventually fixed?
That's what I did. Essentially getting ep 4 and 5 and epilogue for free

I figure since it's an Activision published game, it's not going to go on sale that often

Someone should chart out the rates at which publishers put stuff out on sale. Atlus, Ubisoft, and Namco would be pretty high since their stuff drops hard pretty frequently at least on the digital stores

superbad

I honestly think Amazon has just been experiencing a higher level of adoption in Canada within the last 6-12 months and has been unable to properly scale in order to handle the volume.

The processing of returns takes wayyyy longer than it used to and order processing/shipping times are brutal now. I've had two orders recently that were placed before their cutoff time, with 1-day shipping, that they didn't get out the same day. Then they have to deal with complaints and partial refunds because the order doesn't arrive by the guaranteed date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom