• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any decent deals on PS4 consoles? Looking to pick one up for Uncharted 4 - maybe with Naughty Dogs' other titles, too. If there's nothing good then maybe I should just wait for the 4K?

I hate Kijiji a lot of the time.

"Hey, I see this is still available. I know you're selling it for $40, but would you take half that and drive 20 minutes to deliver it to my place? :)"

Real:

"Hey, would you take $20 for this? I can meet at X Street anytime today :)"

"Hey, I see this is still available. I know you're selling it for $40, but would you take half that and drive 20 minutes to deliver it to my place? :)"

Real:

At least they are smiling about it :)

Real:

Yesterday I got mister subtle:

"Well, it's a good price but I will probably not buy it until 2 weeks from now and by then I should be able to find it for 49.99$ so you know...".

At least they are smiling about it :)

I guess. It did make me a tad less annoyed.

Yesterday I got mister subtle:

"Well, it's a good price but I will probably not buy it until 2 weeks from now and by then I should be able to find it for 49.99$ so you know...".

Haha. Typical Kijiji.

Some asshat emailed me last week about a sealed game I was selling for $55. It's still $80 new and I got a duplicate as a gift and decided to sell the extra at a more than fair price.

He said he'd give me $40 or trade me a used game for it. I said no. He then asked for my bottom dollar and I replied with $50.

He came back with this gem.

"Too expensive. It has no multiplayer so it will be $40 soon. I've seen it for $30 and $40."

"Being sealed doesn't matter. There's no difference (between new and used games, I assume)"

I laughed at that.

daevv

Your Amazon.ca order of "Uncharted 4: A Thief's End..." has shipped!

Woot!

Nice! I'm still waiting for my shipping notice. It will not get here till next week at the earliest. I'm in Newfoundland. Coworker said today that if I lived in Canada I'd get it this week. lol

Rbk_3

Got Uncarted 4 from Amazon today. That's the 4th time I've gotten it a day early for last years preorders. I guess that's the benifit of living 2 ours out side of TO and them sending it out early to make sure it's here in time.

NYR

Oh snap! Looks like I got uncharted early.

KMTj5wU.png

Kyolux

Oh snap! Looks like I got uncharted early.

KMTj5wU.png

Same, delivered an hour or two ago.

I hope they opened the multi server, won't be playing campaign until this week-end.

edit: Meanwhile, my Deadpool blu-ray order is still "shipping today".

I'll probably call Canada Post again to see if it is actually still stuck in customs. I already asked them to check with Singpost, but they said they haven't heard back from them. It's just weird that it's being held for that long if it really is in customs.

Well...it's been 9 days since I escalated my paypal claim. Play-Asia chose not to respond. I should be getting my refund from Paypal soon.

Mupod

I apparently have 1 day shipping on uncharted because it was part of a large order that got upgraded. Estimating may 19, SF5 was part of that order too and was over a week late. Remind me to never actually pay for '1 day' shipping on amazon...

I apparently have 1 day shipping on uncharted because it was part of a large order that got upgraded. Estimating may 19, SF5 was part of that order too and was over a week late. Remind me to never actually pay for '1 day' shipping on amazon...

Talk to them, get a refund. See if they can push the date.

Kyolux

Same, delivered an hour or two ago.

Just got home. Disc is loose in the case.

Sony, fix these cases already.

Going through the list, at first I thought there was nothing I'd trade-in in this list.. But I can offload Mario Party 10, Mario Kart 8 and Smash. All paid $40-45 for them, so not that big a loss if I consider I don't touch these games anymore.

Cudder

Man what? I usually get games day 1, I live very close to an Amazon fulfillment center, but my Uncharted 4 Amazon order is still "shipping soon", with a delivery date of "Expected by May 12." I dunno what's happening here, but I don't like that it's happening with U4.

superbad

So I was thinking I'd like to have more Wii U Pro Controllers, googled it and this was in the side bar as a suggested link I guess. Looks kinda shady tbh, what do y'all think?
http://www.lightinthebox.com/ninten...137248403536&gclid=COfX7urszcwCFYMehgod1KkPHg

Like isn't it supposed to have the Nintendo logo? Smells of knockoff.

Yep, these are absolutely knockoff.

At least regular retail on Pro Controllers is only $55, compared to the competition's $75. A charging cable in every box is also nice, as is the Pro's ridiculous battery life.

Adamastor

I'll apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but is EB doing a midnight launch for uncharted? My amazon says it'll be here by 8pm tomorrow. Don't think I can wait that long.

RS4-

I'll apologize if this has been asked and answered before, but is EB doing a midnight launch for uncharted? My amazon says it'll be here by 8pm tomorrow. Don't think I can wait that long.

Call your local one, but if it's Toronto, I think the flagship store is the only one doing it.

Firestorm

Is there any way to make Canada Post leave Best Buy games at your door or in the mailbox rather than sending it to the nearest post office? I don't wanna wait an extra day for Uncharted 4 -- especially with the Overwatch beta ending in the morning!

I need to fill the void :(

Kyolux

Is there any way to make Canada Post leave Best Buy games at your door or in the mailbox rather than sending it to the nearest post office? I don't wanna wait an extra day for Uncharted 4 -- especially with the Overwatch beta ending in the morning!

If there is, I never found out.

I tried leaving huge notes on the mailbox, etc. But BB marks the games as no safe drops, so they don't.

My latest BB game though, they left it for pickup at the drugstore's post office on the same day, which was a first for me.

Wait for the post man for your route and ask nicely for them to leave your packages in your mail box from now on, maybe?

vulva

I've kinda taken the next step lately. I use flex delivery to just get it sent straight to the post office so I don't have to wait the extra day. I just pick it up once it arrives there instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom