• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 7: More Shipping Talk than Anime & TV GAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyolux

Obligatory you guys shouldn't be drinking coke everyday post.

Seriously, this. Really.

I've switched to coffee (black, no sugar/milk/etc.) a bit less than a year ago and it had a really good impact on my health.

But sugary soda is addicting, so not easy for everyone.

Seriously, this. Really.

I've switched to coffee (black, no sugar/milk/etc.) a bit less than a year ago and it had a really good impact on my health.

But sugary soda is addicting, so not easy for everyone.

I switched to black coffee years ago. I looked a double double up in a calorie counting app and nearly shit myself(now black coffee does that for me)

I fucking love coke. Back before I cared I drank 2-4 coke everyday and was pretty damn soft all over. Once I started working out and learning about nutrition soda was the first thing I cut out.

I still grab a Coke here and there when I'm out for lunch or something but it's just a treat these days.

There was a time in life where I couldn't even keep junk food/soda in the house because I would break down and consume it. These days I have no desire to and have a fridge full of goodies for friends to eat when they are over.

BTails

I finally kicked my Coke addiction (Well, Coke Zero, so hopefully not as bad, but still bad for my health, I'm sure). What put me over the edge was getting into carbonated water. I don't drink any artificially or naturally sweetened ones either, mostly just Perrier.

Costco carries a great flat that gives you 6 bottles of Pink Grapefruit, 6 bottles of Lemon, and 12 bottles of plain. Super refreshing, and has cut down my Coke drinking from around 1 a day, to about 1 every 2-3 weeks.

Leeness

I saw Shoppers selling it yesterday . Maybe combine with a 20x or $75 points event? Gets you a little over $20 in points.

Or EB is doing trade 3 get $70 towards UC4 if thats an option. No straight up discounts otherwise.

Are there any Shoppers points events yet? I don't shop there much. But if there is, that's probably the best option for me. "Pay full price but get something for later" usually is a fine deal.

terrible

Banned
I finally kicked my Coke addiction (Well, Coke Zero, so hopefully not as bad, but still bad for my health, I'm sure). What put me over the edge was getting into carbonated water. I don't drink any artificially or naturally sweetened ones either, mostly just Perrier.

Costco carries a great flat that gives you 6 bottles of Pink Grapefruit, 6 bottles of Lemon, and 12 bottles of plain. Super refreshing, and has cut down my Coke drinking from around 1 a day, to about 1 every 2-3 weeks.

Ever considered getting a Sodastream? You can make your own carbonated water or drinks with that.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ever considered getting a Sodastream? You can make your own carbonated water or drinks with that.

My girlfriend's mom got a soda stream. I have a few issues with it.

1) I find the quality of the carbonation subpar to store bought carbonated water.
2) It's still nearly as expensive as buying carbonated water if you use the Sodastream CO2 cartridges.

That being said, 2) can be solved by getting a non proprietary adapter and filling up generic CO2 cartridges for a fraction of the price.

Personally, I like PC carbonated water. The flavours are great, and it's significantly cheaper than competitor brands (e.g. Perrier, Nestle). $3 for 12 cans. Grapefruit is my personal favorite. Unfortunately, it's not as readily available as their other flavours.

ovii

It's snowing here in Calgary. Decided to take out the recycling before work and slipped on my back porch and down the stairs. My back is pretty messed up right now so I decided to call it a sick day and work on some Uncharted 4 trophies. Hoping to get the platinum today.

Mupod

Stay safe goose-gaf.

Finally getting my summer tires back on. Probably means we'll get some snow just to spite me.

UC4's out for delivery. I've never been an uncharted fan at all but for some reason I think this one will be better. Just need a distraction until Overwatch...

khaaan

Stay safe goose-gaf.

Finally getting my summer tires back on. Probably means we'll get some snow just to spite me.

UC4's out for delivery. I've never been an uncharted fan at all but for some reason I think this one will be better. Just need a distraction until Overwatch...

I...think I might work in a building near you.
I mean there's not much to go on because the street outside looks like a generic work area but there are goose that hang around in the area and I remember recently I was walking to get lunch and I saw a guy trying to intimidate a goose that was hanging out infront of their building door.

There doesn't happen to be a La Prep near you, does there? =P

Kyolux

It's snowing here in Calgary. Decided to take out the recycling before work and slipped on my back porch and down the stairs. My back is pretty messed up right now so I decided to call it a sick day and work on some Uncharted 4 trophies. Hoping to get the platinum today.

wow.. that sucks..

Not to spite you, but I just went outside for lunch in a t-shirt, it's like 21 outside over here. (Ottawa region)

Mupod

I...think I might work in a building near you.
I mean there's not much to go on because the street outside looks like a generic work area but there are goose that hang around in the area and I remember recently I was walking to get lunch and I saw a guy trying to intimidate a goose that was hanging out infront of their building door.

There doesn't happen to be a La Prep near you, does there? =P

that's a post from Anth0ny. I work across from the airport. It does look like a generic mississauga workplace though, and we have our own parking lot geese, lol.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Usually Amazon gives me dates that are far out for shipping and delivery and they arrive significantly earlier, but with Uncharted 4 it seems like they're sticking to shipping Friday and arriving some time late next week.

I swear this shit only happens when work slows down for me.

Ryde3

Search for the Koodo Manitoba 5gb unlimited Canada wide plan for $48. It's very easy to get in Ontario and you can keep your number.

I got this plan about 17 months ago, and it has worked beautifully - but there is now a disclaimer on the Koodo site about using a plan for a different province than the one you reside in (they might've also changed the plans altogether.)

I'm not certain anyone has actually be got, and I think people are still signing up problem-free, but def worth a look.

I found out about the plan here actually, many threads ago, haha.

This thread has gone interesting places the last couple of pages...lol. Good times.

BB has a (limited edition?) bundle of UC4 controller, wireless headset, and game for a $30 bundle discount, $249 total.

For the collectors....

Rbk_3

I got this plan about 17 months ago, and it has worked beautifully - but there is now a disclaimer on the Koodo site about using a plan for a different province than the one you reside in (they might've also changed the plans altogether.)

I'm not certain anyone has actually be got, and I think people are still signing up problem-free, but def worth a look.

I've signed myself and 3 friends up the last few months. No issues. Just don't call in for changes lol.

khaaan

that's a post from Anth0ny. I work across from the airport. It does look like a generic mississauga workplace though, and we have our own parking lot geese, lol.

Oh, didn't even notice it was someone else.

Point still valid though! Cause I too work near the airport. (That's not saying much though cause there's literally nothing but office buildings around the area)

Sora_N

Edit: sorry didn't read your post

No more good plans in Canada sucks.

Mupod

Well, UC4 WAS out for delivery, now it says "Verifying recipient's address; Possible delay". I've never seen that before, but I did move here only a few months ago. Amazon and Canada Post have delivered tons of stuff to us here though.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Obligatory you guys shouldn't be drinking coke everyday post.

Im at the gym 6 times a week. After an almost 15 year wait, you bet I'm gonna be slamming some Vanilla Coke for a few weeks.

Kyolux

I'm trying to figure out what to use the $102 I have with Best Buy from trading in 3 games.

I was eying the PS4 Gold headset (either UC4 option or just regular one, not sure yet). Anyone has experience with this thing? I mostly want it for PSVR later this October, but I don't see the point of waiting to buy it. Is it good for the price?

Already have a PS3 Turtle Beach that works well, but I don't think it's 7.1 dolby and have a few issues with the way it works.

Hey CalgaryGaf,

Since we're talking Cherry Coke, anyone know where to find some in Calgary?

There's a candy store on 17th Ave SW called Monster Lunchbox or something. They have all kinds of hard to find snacks and sodas. Pretty sure I've seen cherry coke, but it's worth calling ahead

There's a candy store on 17th Ave SW called Monster Lunchbox or something. They have all kinds of hard to find snacks and sodas. Pretty sure I've seen cherry coke, but it's worth calling ahead

They almost always have it, but I think he was probably looking for it now that's supposedly being sold in regular stores in Canada. Unfortunately I haven't seen any in Calgary in the 7-11 of Safeway near my house so I'm not sure if it's here yet.

Awesome, thanks a lot :)

They almost always have it, but I think he was probably looking for it now that's supposedly being sold in regular stores in Canada. Unfortunately I haven't seen any in Calgary in the 7-11 of Safeway near my house so I'm not sure if it's here yet.

I only knew of a Candy store on Kensington Road that sell that stuff, and yes I was hoping it's gonna be available in grocery stores!
Still that store on 17th ave is closer to my house!

Tapejara

As much as I dislike Best Buy's online store, I'll admit I do love their Reward Zone program. Just used two reward certificates and got an extra $10 off a printer. Not too bad, if only they'd match Amazon when it comes to customer service, promotions (i.e., giving you the lowest MSRP + E3 discount instead of just the lowest MSRP) and having a decent online store; I'd probably switch to them for all of my pre-order deals.

Sora_N

As much as I dislike Best Buy's online store, I'll admit I do love their Reward Zone program. Just used two reward certificates and got an extra $10 off a printer. Not too bad, if only they'd match Amazon when it comes to customer service, promotions (i.e., giving you the lowest MSRP + E3 discount instead of just the lowest MSRP) and having a decent online store; I'd probably switch to them for all of my pre-order deals.

Yeah I like the rewards. It's not that great but I slowly get $10 coupons and I use it on sale items. Paying $9.99 for FFX PS4 was great

kennah

Not the best deal and I got the last copies, but found Captain Toad, Kirby Rainbow and a Peach WiiMote at Superstore for $30 each. Fairly happy, might return the remote, but we need a 3rd one (and eventually 4th..) one anyway.

HOT DEAL

I apparently got the Ebgames summer flyer early this week. There's some decent deals in it starting this weekend:

MLB The Show 16: $49.99
Ratchet and Clank: $29.99
Bloodborne: $19.99
Borderlands: The Handsome Jack Collection: $19.99

Those are what stood out to me. I can post the flyer later tonight if anyone is interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom